games you need patches for

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by xboxdevil, Oct 3, 2005.

1. xboxdevil

xboxdevil Guest

can someone please make a list of xbox games that need to be patched to play off the xbox hdd.

2. mjeff36

mjeff36 Member

Well you can start off with Nba live 06.

3. metroalex

metroalex Member

With NBA Live 2006, you can burn it to a DVD and it will work fine.

Or you could just play the superior NBA 2K6, which works fine with the HD :)

4. tempo4

tempo4 Member

hallo,
    i'm trying to find patches (for new and older games too). Where can i find them?

5. samusXP

samusXP Regular member

Another game for that list is The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. I have the acl patch for The Hulk and DVD2Xbox, if anyone needs them let me know.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2005
  6. paulser99

paulser99 Member

question about burning the nba live to disc...i know it is probably stated in here earlier...but i thought u couldnt get a xbox game to burn to iso...?? i have tried with dvd decryptor and the iso file is really small...is that gonna even work on the xbox..or could someone send me the link or address or just help me with backing up their own xbox games...and then using that backup to use?? especailly for NBA LIVE 2006...

7. paulser99

paulser99 Member

never mind about what i just posted...it just seems like alot of work and materials that i dont need or dont have the money to go and get...sorry about that...i hope ncaa march madness 2006 doesnt do the same thing..

8. vcrayon

vcrayon Member

um when i try to play nba 2k6 from the hdd it is just a black screen...

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@paulser99

you cant just put in an Xbox game into your computer and burn.

You need to FTP to your Xbox and rip the games from your Xbox DVD drive to your computer then use a program like Quix to make an xISO. As far as I know you can do this with NBA Live 5 mine works fine when I play it on disc. The problem most are having is playing the game off the Hard Drive.

10. tempo4

tempo4 Member

hallo,
    is there anybody to answer my question?

i'm trying to find patches (for new and older games too). Where can i find them?

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Google or Yahoo the game you are having a problem with and search for the patch. Then more then likly there isnt 1 out for the game or it dosent need 1.

12. TrevFish

TrevFish Member

Hi, I have been struggling with NBA live '06 trying to get it to rip onto my hd and now I have NBA2k6 and it is giving me troubles also?
    I was wondering if anyone had any solutions to these problems? pathces or anything?
    I have a softmodded xbox, evox ... thanks

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You will get a dirty disc error when trying to play NBA LIVE 06 off the Xbox HDD. The only way I know of getting around this problem is if you insatlled Krayzies softmod installer and you can then set it up to run the ISO image of NBA LIVE 06 off the HDD.

But unless you have that softmod installed it wont work. I havent seen any other way to do it.

14. acbella

acbella Guest

For Specifics: I tried a back up with True Crime: New York City and an error messege came up saying the file name was too long. also with GTA: San Andres it wouldn't let me play the game off the disk? anyone know why?

15. js3350z

js3350z Member

that's odd, I can play both those games off HDD

I have had theme back and forth from computer as well (befor I got 160 gig HDD)

16. acbella

acbella Guest

I think i figured out why on the true crime...it is because i need to update my pxhddloader to the newest verison...to fix the problem of the long file name...the san andreas found a forum ummm...forgot where now but had a solution to fix that problem will post it on here to help anyone else with that problem.

Know this probably isn't the right place to ask this but since i brought it up. I have a copy of the latest program pxhddloader on disk. Can anyone help me out on how to update it on the xbox? really don't wanna do the programming. SOmeone told me to use alavanch and burn it onto the D: drive? will that work and update it and overwrite the other one? so that will be all i would have to do correct?

On another note though the true crime game bought it to play..And personally think the games itself is awesome. The game developers need to correct the game so random objects don't appear or disappear off the game nor freeze up.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2005