Gas Cap = Who Knew?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by -Jim-, Oct 20, 2008.

1. -Jim-

-Jim- Member

WHO KNEW THIS???

I have been driving for years...but this came in an email from my Mom. I would think I should have noticed the little secret on my dashboard that was staring me in the face the whole time...I didn't...and I bet you didn't either...

Have you ever rented or borrowed a car and when arriving at the gas station wondered...mmm, which side is the gas filler cap?

My normal solution was to stick my head out the window, strain my neck and look, try to see in the side mirrors or even get out of the car!

Well ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to share with you my little secret so you will no longer look like Ace Ventura on your way to the gas station or put your neck at risk of discomfort or injury.

If you look at your gas gauge, you will see a small icon of a gas pump. The handle of the gas pump will extend out on either the left or right side of the gas pump

If your tank is on the left, the handle will be on the left

If your tank is on the right, the handle will be on the right

(see photo). It is that simple!

[​IMG]

Don't feel dumb, just go out and share the world's best kept auto secret with your friends.

2. Icanbe

Icanbe Guest

Never knew that, Thanks for the tip.

3. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

I have to admit, i didn't know that! :)

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

And, it isn't necessarily the case. My Dodge pickup has the gas handle on the right side of the pump. To the left of the pump is a triangle, pointing to the left. My gas tank is on the left side of the truck.

5. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Since I did a lot of traveling and rented tons of cars I picked up on that myself.

But for those of you that don't know...there you go.