Get unknown disc

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by playrpimp, Mar 10, 2006.

1. playrpimp

playrpimp Member

I have recently installed a new larger hard drive in my xbox. I had one in it before and had no problems with it. I used the same software on this one as I did the last, the slayer v2.6 auto installer. Now this one doesn't want to read my backups when I put them in to play. I use dvd2xbox to load game to hdd once it is able to read it. Unfortunately it starts to read the disc and then tells me that there are files it can't read as well. If I FTP into the box with flashfxp and load the game from my computer hard drive there doesn't seem to be a problem with loading or playing the game but I can't get the game onto my computer to ftp to the box if the xbox doesn't even recognize it.
    Bios: EvoX M7
    Chip: Xecuter Lite 2.3
    Any help with this would be greatly appreicated.

2. theridges

theridges Guest

it sounds like there is a problem with your EvoX ini file or your dvd2xbox go download the newest dvd2xbox that should fix them file name problems i believe....

3. steimy

steimy Active member

DVD2Xbox V0.7.1 is the newest i have seen. But the one on the Slayer 2.6 disc should still work fine. I used it for a while beofre i updated.
    If there is nothing really important already on the Xbox you can try reformatting the HDD with the reformat large HDD option in Slayer, then reinstalling Evox to the C: and everything else (apps and stuff) to F:

it may have had a little gitch the first time.

4. playrpimp

playrpimp Member

I did that already and I still get the error. I've tried three different dvd brands.

5. playrpimp

playrpimp Member

Could it be my dvd drive? I've had this system since 2003. It has a samsung drive and it's a 1.05 version box.