Getting/reading private messages

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by Chickadee, Sep 8, 2003.

1. Chickadee

Chickadee Member

I sent a private message, and receive an email that I had a reply.

I logged in, and then tried to use the link, cut and paste, to get to the (return) private message. It took me to a page that simply said you need to login first. I've tried 8 times, and after logging in, still can not figure out how to get the private message to read.

Tried the search functions, and nothing helpful there either.

Please, can someone assist?

Tks.

2. mac71

mac71 Guest

Log In. After logging in go to the forums page. At the top you see a gray bar with AfterDawn.com in the left corner of the gray bar.

Also in that gray bar you should see the word Private Messages. Just click the link and it will take you to the page with your private messages on it.

3. Chickadee

Chickadee Member

Thanks you. Also found out have to shut down a lot of other progs, NAV, ZAP change Internet Options, etc....

very unusual, as not had quite the getting into the private message this this tough cept for this site.

Again, thanks for your feedback.

4. mac71

mac71 Guest

No Problem! :)

5. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Reason for logging in problems is the fact that unline many other forum systems, our system is designed to be secure by nature. Our forum system for example doesn't allow two separate computers to be logged in to same user account at the same time, etc. But checking this requires info that some of the assistant tools hide from the browser.

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hmmm....thats strange, i can log in to AD in University and still be logged in at the home computer. I will have to double check this in a week or so, but nearly sure that is correct.