getting started

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by casanovak, Jul 20, 2006.

1. casanovak

casanovak Guest

I am new to this website and also to burning Xbox games. I have a modded Xbox and I need to know where to start. I have started reading about torrents, but I need to know what site do I download these torrent files from. Is there a preferred site? I have a friend that mentioned Azureus, but I don't know if this is where I actually burn the torrent files from that I can then burn to a disc to play in my Xbox. Could someone please let me know what I need to download to my computer (free stuff preferable) to get this process started. If I can just download some torrent game files, I believe that I can figure it out. Please help.

2. j9990

j9990 Guest

First off, unless you own the original game you cannot download it legally or it is piracy which we can't discuss. Legal or not, you can get it for free.

But assuming you own the original game......

Azureus is a BitTorrent client. Google it to find the site.
    Basically, a torrent is downloaded from a "BitTorrent Tracker". The .torrent files themselves are miniscule. What's in it is instructions for your client (Azureus in this case). These instructions direct your computer to download from all people seeding (hosting) the file you want. When your download finishes, you can seed the torrent (host it). You also partially seed (upload a bit) while downloading.
    To get XBox games you just need to find an bittorrent tracker with XBox games. And only download games you own. What, where's these "XBox BitTorrent Trackers"? (*cough*GOOGLE*cough*)

I myself am not a pirate and I do not suggest piracy.

3. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

first of all, which dashboard are you using? if you still have the original M$ dash then youll have to get a new one. there are lots of torrent sites to download from. i use isohunt.com and thepiratebay, there is also a good site called 2torrents.com. once you have these, use a bittorrent client such as BitLord, Azureus, BitTornatdo, BitComet ect... once you have these they should either come in ISO format already or a bunch of .rar files. a tutorial on how to use the .rar files made by theridges is really good, here it is:http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/363258

also, for further information, check out my tutorial (in my signature). it explains a little about torrents and how to backup games, as well as how to FTP into your xbox.

....by the way to that guy that posted above, assuming you had the original game has nothing to do with torrents whatsoever LOL.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2006
  4. j9990

j9990 Guest

Yes it does. If he didn't have the original game and I told him how to get them, it would be piracy - piracy = banned on AfterDawn = has everything to do with it.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

all the information he needs should be in the sticky threads in bold at the top.
    You want to learn about torrents and downloaded games and how to burn them you will have to do that on your own as j9990 is correct. someone walking you through all that would be teaching you how to do illeagl things, because if you had the original you could just use FTP and back it up without downloading anything. Unless you did not keep your discs in good shape so they could be backed up, that is the only reason you would download it.