Go on try convert me!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by creagh, Nov 1, 2006.

1. creagh

creagh Guest

ok im basiclly gettin bored with my ps2. im thinking about getting myself an xbox as long as i dont have to pay for games so whats the story, is there a way to play xbox games without a mod chip, something like swap magic for xbox?
    i like the games and the consoles are getting really cheap so plz tell me if you have to get a mod chip. thanks in advance

2. lyminster

lyminster Regular member

i had a ps2 for 3 yrs before getting an xbox. Well worth the investment in a modchip with a solderless adaptor, take 15 mins to install. Once you install your chip, you need to flash it with a decent bios, just like the ps2. Then you need a different dashboard (the screen you get if you boot up the xbox with no disc in). All these things can be obtained for free, and I have links to them if needed.

Copying games arent the same as ps2, you have to link the xbox to your pc via network and the ftp the games across to the computer. Your computer wont read xbox discs, so thats the reason for the ftp. Again there are various softwares out there that do the job, some are free, some aren't.

Being a ps2 lover for years, the addition of xbox was difficult, but like when i first chipped the ps2, it was exciting and good fun to do. I say go for it, its something different!!!

3. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Wrong! You do not need to chip the Xbox! You can just Softmod it! By simply loading new software to the system you can play backup games, add applications like XBMC and many other interesting ideas! Softmodding is easy, cheap and reversable!

4. lyminster

lyminster Regular member

what was wrong??? just voicing my opinions of chipping. If you get the solderless adaptor, chipping is also totally reversable.

5. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Wrong again! You need to open your xbox to chip it! This is NOT reversable! I know chipping is easy, but not as easy and cheap as softmodding! Personally chipping would be my last resort these days. What advantage has it got over a good softmod?

6. lyminster

lyminster Regular member

you can take the chip out, making it reversable. yes i agree you have to puncture the silver stickers to get it open, but as its not soldering the chip to the board it is revesable.

7. theridges

theridges Guest

lol,chips are way better than softmod's just for the fact if anything goes wrong you dont need to take the HD out and reformat with XboxHDM, no Hassle if u get an error message or your little brother accidently delete's your C Partition....i Recommend Chips over Softmod's because they are better especially to Noobs,which almost everytime forget to back-up there eeprom to there computer which you probably didnt do chunkhead lol.....the solderless 2.6 is going for like 30 dollars US thats about the same as getting AR and a game to softmod....and after you mod an xbox you wont want to trade it in so it dont matter if it was opened a modified xbox is the best thing out right now,ask how many people have a modified xbox and like it more than there 360....

8. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

???

I have two modded Xboxs, I have backup eeproms for every Xbox I have touched. I didn't say anything about my lack of backups!?

My point anyway was that a GOOD softmod should be flawless, not give errors and play like a chipped box. I concede that for recovery purposes, the chip excels, but you shouldn't be having problems unless you play with settings! Almost ALL xboxs I fix and sell on I have modified the menu so that you can't tamper with the settings! Peice of mind!!!