good cheap dvd player

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by elkhunter, Feb 26, 2004.

1. elkhunter

elkhunter Member

Hi all,

I'm wanted to find a dvd player that will play DVD+r disk for my kids play room, I've went through too many dvd's that they have messed up, I got a apex 1110w, but found out it WONT play dvd+r's.

thanks for any help you can give me.

I tried the nerdout site, but can't get any good info for what i'm looking at.

2. wavegravy

wavegravy Member

Bought a cheap dvd player from bestbuy about a year ago for $34.it's a KLH kd-1220.So far it's played dvd-r,dvd+r and dvd-rw without any problems.While my high end dvd players struggle with any type of dvdr, the klh seems to handle them all.Go figure?

3. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

I had the same prob. with an old philips player, it would only play dvd+r.

I'm a bit of a hi fi junkie and so I searched low and high & read everthing and this is what I ended up buying.

http://www.recommendedbuys.com/electronics/dvd-players/sony-dvp-ns530.htm

A sony DVP-NS530. It said it could read cd/mp3-cd/vcd/svcd/dvd-r/dvd-rw/dvd+r/dvd+rw.

And guess what? it actually does! In Australia it cost me $170 which is damn cheap for a brand name player. If you're in the US Im not quite sure what it'd cost but It might be worth a look. also you get the region/zone free and it comes in black or silver. It'ill be more expensive than the "chinese" brands but it'ill last a hell of alot longer and the a/v quality will be far superior. It also has a great for reading damaged tracks better, I'd come in handy with kids around touching discs. It's simply the best player I've seen for that sort of money.

4. Biosgain

Biosgain Guest

I`ve found the cheaper dvd players that have mp3,vcd,(S)vcd on the box they come in seem to play everything.

Also dvd+r seems to be a more compatible media.

5. wavegravy

wavegravy Member

I also discovered that as I reduced the burn speed, I was able to get all my players to play dvd-r,dvd-rw regardless of brand of dvdr used.