1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodbye AD & 360 Forums

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by homesick, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. homesick

homesick Regular member

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  2. Torry46

Torry46 Regular member

Goodbye mate. you were the first to help on my first ever thread... cheers and good luck homesick

3. wabashman

wabashman Active member

Sorry to hear you're leaving man. But have fun on your other sites and I'll be sure to look you up on live once my met gets set back up.

Ps glad to see I was in your 'thanks' section, lol.

4. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Yeah man you will be missed.

5. uturn68

uturn68 Regular member

dang, we're gonna lose a senior member and probably gain 20 noobs today. doesnt really sound like a fair trade lol.

6. guessswho

guessswho Active member

have a good one man... hit me up on live sometime

7. lawmancop

lawmancop Regular member

Sorry to see you leaving Bro, I love this site for the knowledge it shares with others.

8. stealthdf

stealthdf Regular member

later dude. I still got you on my live friends list so we will play some halo 3 or halo wars sometimes.

9. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

There's no need to ask for a ban Homesick, you might regret it. Just stop posting if you feel that way, and leave your account open to get pm's etc.

10. steo2k8

steo2k8 Active member

Why leave when you might want your account. you can be on another forum anyway just don't sign in here if you don't want to until this site takes the right direction again instead of perma ban :).

edit @uturn 28, without these so called noobs the forum wouldn't have any reason to operate because no-one would need help, although it's not a fair trade lol.

11. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Sorry to hear about you leaving Homesick, good luck on the other sites and thanks for all of your help.

12. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I've seen a few comments by the OP about me on 'the other' site. Yes i have banned homesick a time or few here previously but they were justified. Like the other mods here i (try to) do my bit in running a tight ship. Mods aren't here to make friends, just to uphold a few rules. But it's just the internet at the end of the day, no need to take things so personally. I do have the odd acquaintance here, some of which i talk to in real life, they know they 'real me', and i'm not quite as bad as you may think. However half of Afterdawn (past and present) don't like me, that's cool as it means i must be doing a few things right.

Anyways, after reading the comments on 'the other site' that i am guessing were aimed in part at baiting me, 'fraid to disappoint you as i'm not biting.
    In that Safety Valve thread i even apologised for banning HiTeck and Eva, i always own up if i make mistakes. Your bannings however were justified.

In the interests of fairness, your banning history (only the profanity has been edited, the rest is 'as is') ~

I have never managed to get banned or suspended once in my 4years and 35,000+ posts here, not even by myself :) (or on any other sites i frequent). I'm just old(ish) and boring.

Anyways, if you do want your account closing homesick, i or a.n.other mod can indeed do that for you, we wouldn't want your martydom to be in vain eh :)

13. homesick

homesick Regular member

14. creaky

I'm glad that you see that at least some of my putdowns (to whoever) are mainly dry humour/sarcastic. I strive to provide amusement where i can, unfortunately dry humour is very hard to 'read' on screen, in fact it's hard enough to differentiate when someone's dry in real life, i've come a cropper in real life for this very reason, more than once.
    It's true that I do spend an unhealthy amount of time on AD, but then i always have. Myself and other mods take what we do here very seriously, albeit without being personal about it.
    As to having just a few mods, the Admin have always preferred to have just a select few.
    I won't say anything else as i think i covered everything else in that Safety Valve thread. Basically i nor anyone else can stop you or anyone else leaving, what our Forum Rules don't allow is member mining and that's what i thought Hiteck and Eva were doing. I'd overreacted as i'd just removed a few people who were blatantly mining for members in ALL their posts.
    As to some of the other defectees from here at AD, prior to my banning Hiteck and Eva, all i can think is that some of those members objected to my requesting they stopped turning threads in the DVD forums into gossip columns. I didn't and don't feel that was unreasonable. The mods here always overlook off-topic as long it's within reason, but the posts i commented in were made after a long time of biting my tongue and lurking. 'fraid there's fun and there's pointless posting, and in the DVD forums it's not right that threads were sidetracked so often.

edit- As to the thread you reported, dry humour was the order of the day there. I think i keep my frustration level in check, which after 3years moderating here is quite a feat. We seem to attract far too many people who want everything spoonfed to them, and even though i'm only human, i have to restrain myself from telling people what i really think most of the time. Maybe it's a sign of today's society that makes people so lazy. I'm from a time before the internet, in real life i'm fiercely self-sufficient, i strongly believe in people helping themselves before asking for help. The other side of that coin is that i'm actually not the stereotypical techie. In real life i do 3rd line Unix Support and i'm a rare breed as i suffer 'fools' ie i don't condescend people who know less than me and i acknowledge when people know more than me. I strive to behave the same way on the forums, but even i have my limits, 4years of replying to gazillions of people who can't/won't help themselves isn't easy :)

15. adambar

adambar Regular member

This is better than a soap opera. :)

16. creaky

LOL, yeah. I'm just playing my part. I did say i strive to provide amusement :)

17. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Amen

18. homesick

homesick Regular member

Creaky i never expected the reply i got from you. ddp yours was expected. :D Please close this thread as i would like to keep my account.

19. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

i reckon you're in the wrong job creaky.... your wit is wasted on threads @ aD :)

20. creaky

Lethal_B can close it,it's about time he did some moderating :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.