Goodmans ghdd177dvdr

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by paulmcc, Nov 14, 2005.

1. paulmcc

paulmcc Guest

Hi all just a newbie here and I came across this forum.
    I have just bought one of these recorders and cant seem to work this out.
    Can I record say bb1 and still be able to watch itv or satilite tv.?
    I cant find anything in my instruction book how to do that? perhaps I have it wired up wrong.

Many thanks, Paul

2. trisemery

trisemery Member

hi,

i'm in the same position as you. i bought mine a few days ago and have been quite impressed with everything else so far... apart from this problem and another one mentioned in the forums here (http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/254196).

anyway, have you managed to find a way to record one channel while viewing another yet?

i've emailed goodmans, but haven't got a reply yet

Thanks,
    Tristram

3. paulmcc

paulmcc Guest

hi, i still cant work it out..... think i should have bought a twin viewer...

Paul

4. trisemery

trisemery Member

well when/if goodmans get back to me, i'll be sure to tell you how to do it if it turns out you can (which i really hope you can because this was meant to be replacing my vcr!!)... oh well

btw, by 'twin viewer' do you mean a different dvd recorder/hdd altogether (i.e. recorder with two tuners) or something else?

Tristram

5. paulmcc

paulmcc Guest

i think that you need to buy a recorder with twin tunners or the other option i wish i had taken was to go to sky plus... that way you can record one and watch another prg. ok there is no disk copier .... but at least it would do what i wanted it to do.

Paul

6. RodD3

RodD3 Member

Hi All

Just to let you know that you can record one channel and view another - in the same way that you can with your vcr. (Hope I've understood your question properly)

By this I mean that when you set your vcr to record something and changed to the "vcr channel" on your TV you would see what it was recording. To watch another channel you would simply change to a regular TV channel on the TV itself. You would be using the recorder's tuner to record from, and the TVs tuner to watch another channel.

On my setup I have the goodmans connected to the TV on AV2 SCART. Whenever I want to watch something I have recorded i change the TV to view AV2, then flick back to regular non-AV mode to watch live TV. If the Goodmans is recording it carries on in AV2 by itself.

On my setup it did not work as I desired when connected to AV1. When connected like this, the TV would switch to AV1 whenever the Goodmans turned on and was impossible to watch any thing else by switching out of AV 1 "mode". This is not an issue with the recorder but, I believe, related to the pin specification on the AV1 socket on the TV.

In general the Goodmans has behave well except on 2 occasions. These may be one-offs - am looking into it now. If I have to return the Goodmans it has to be this weekend so will let you know if anyone is interested.

Hope this helped.

7. paulmcc

paulmcc Guest

Hi, I wonder can you answer me this please.
    When I use vidoeplus to try and record a program I need to have my goodmans dvdr set to standbye.... is there no way of leaving it on and it will still record my program i want to record???
    I have tried different settings and it wont record when its on, other than just hitting the record button..

Regards,
    Paul