GTA San Andreas

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by n8tj98, Oct 9, 2005.

1. n8tj98

n8tj98 Member

I guess i am pretty late getting on the GTA wagon. I have EvoX as my dash, using dvd2xbox... just brought the game home last night, backed it up to my hard drive... when i try to boot the game all it does is boot back out to my dash. i have spent several hours looking for an xbe file that has been patched so i can ftp it in. using torrent and limewire and all i can find is the entire game, dont need the game, just want a fix so i can play off my hdd, any direction would be appreciated...

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

You'd have to goto your setting in evox and change some settings....OR you can use another dash like unleashed as an app and launch it from there. The game has problems with evox....I have the same thing. I just boot it through unleashed.

3. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Regular member

try this(Disable tsr in your evo-x settings and change video region to north america NTSC aswell give that a try.) or ya can just try to updated evo x to the newest version and it worked

4. n8tj98

n8tj98 Member

haha, i can't believe how easy a fix this was... i was coming at it from an angle where i assumed that it would be a real pain in the ass to fix, but when i copied it to my HD i noticed something when i FTP'd into my box... two files in the game directory made me wonder..

default.xbe
    default.xbe_original

i deleted the first default.xbe file because obviously since the game kept locking up and wouldnt load (instead returning me to my opening EvoX screen), i then renamed the second file from default.xbe_original to default.xbe and as simple as that, the game works flawlessly... hopefully by some wierd occurance this might help somebody else out...

5. punqewe

punqewe Active member

[bold]\m/[/bold] Nice one [bold]\m/[/bold]

Since I never use evox I really never had this problem,but that is an easy fix that I'll pass on.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2005
  6. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Regular member

lol that sounded a lot easyer lol the same thing happen to me and i just got angry and thort it was about time to update evo x and it worked

7. t-traxxx

t-traxxx Regular member

you people are making this waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too complicated.

for some reason this game will not load from the evox menu

so...........

all you need to do is power on your xbox with the gta sa in the drive so it auto loads =P

8. punqewe

punqewe Active member

....and for the people that have it on their hard drive? The renaming fix works for both.....your's only solves 50%. I vote for the easy renaming fix. Besides,if you want a be all end all fix [bold] don't use evox![/bold]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2005
  9. jmcoz

jmcoz Member

I am having the same problem with my GTA disc. I am not using EvoX dash. I have Media Center unless you guys are refering to the EvoX bios. Sorry I am a newbie to this.

I have also tried power on my xbox with the gta sa in the drive so it auto loads but same result.

What should I try next? Appreciate all your help. Thanks.

10. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Regular member

have you tryed ever thing in this thread

11. crimsond

crimsond Member

ok so ive tried everything so far and nothing seems to work. im ftp'd right now and im not seeing two default.xbe files, only 1. I dont know if its because the version of SA i have is the "second edition" or not. i dont even know when it came out. but if someone might be able to email me the .xbe file that works, id be most appreciative. it'd be worth a shot at least.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2005
  12. jmcoz

jmcoz Member

I have tried most of the methods mentioned here as well but it still does not work. Unfortunately I do not have the UnleashX dashboard to try and like crimsond I cannot see two xbe files. I have even tried other methods mentioned in another thread.