1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GUIDE-2.71 too 1.5 with TA-082 and DEVHOOK, HEN and ISO (Updated 24/7)

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by pspjunior, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VK_Zone

VK_Zone Member

Yea I saw that but I want a way that which I can play CSO's from my mem stick, I already have NBA Live 07 in Mem stick I just need to know how to load it properly because I cant seem to do it. I need a 99.9% non bricakble method. I wonder if anyone has a guide like that lol :p

BTW Thanks, your guide was really helpful in helping me set up HEN :)

2. pspjunior

pspjunior Regular member

no problem man.. can u tell me wats the difference between iso and cso...thx

3. VK_Zone

VK_Zone Member

As I understand ISO is a CD Image and thats what I had to start with but since I only had a 1gig Mem Stick I compressed it into a CSO with Vampiro's Prog that he linked.

Bascially the same thing as an ISO. I don't even care if it says ISO only I just want it 99.9% non brickable lol, I'm a very careful person. :p

You might not get a response from me I'm going to sleep now lol, seeya tomorrow.

~ VK

4. PantherX

PantherX Regular member

ok i was able to downgrade my TA-082 2.71 PSP into 1.50 but i still dont know where to put my emulated GBA games in my PSP in order for them to work!!!

[bold]UPDATE[/bold]

alright i put the megaman zero GBA game i downloaded from http://www.emuparadise.org/roms and put it in the PSP/GAME/GPSP folder in my PSP. At first it wouldnt load because it wanted me to rename the .gba files into Gb_bios.bin files. I thought it would load after that but every time i tried to load it. it gives me an error message saying "Bad Jump", am i missing something????

Last edited: Oct 6, 2006
  5. kealvalro

kealvalro Guest

VK_Zone,psp iso is extracted out from the psp umd and is different from pc iso though u can open the iso with isobuster software and cso is a compress format of iso if u think the file is big.

if u want to compress your iso to cso then use umdgen 3.50
    to play your NBA Live 07 don't put any umd in ur psp.then do this

1)boot "HENC" in "PHOTO" SUB-MENU
    Note:blue screen will pop out for 5sec then it will auto reboot your psp
    2)go to memorystick > choose DEVHOOK0.4X launcher for 2.71
    Note:u will be in devhook menu
    3)set the settings

umd select : NBA Live 07 then umd+image
    firmware : 2.71
    cpu clock : 222/111
    boot select : reboot XMB
    note!!!that u will see ur background has change to a different one.
    if ur psp goes black that means u do not have any 2.71fw dump.
    but if u can go to the different background kind then place any umd inside your psp and hold "home" button then press L or R and your umd game will change.have fun

pantherX,i think u are actually saying that u emulated to 1.50 not downgraded coz there is no such thing yet.

6. MAHZ

MAHZ Member

What is the difference between 1.5 and 2.71 fm anyway?

7. kealvalro

kealvalro Guest

MAHZ,ah if i am not wrong most homebrews and loaders can work on 1.5 but iso games that needs a higher firmware cannot play in 1.5

but 2.71 is opposite most of all the iso can work on 2.71 but running homebrews and loaders less often works

1.5 do not have a background set,internet browser and more but 2.71 has.try and check the functions out.

8. VK_Zone

VK_Zone Member

Oh thank you for that,

I just have two questions,

For the Firmware do I select 2.71 MS HOOK FW or 2.71 NANDFLASH or something? I
    suppose it would be MS_HOOK

The second question is that my PSP went black when I tried it once before and it shut
    down, you said it would be due to the 2.71 Dump, If by dump you mean dl a 2.71 dump
    and put it in the DH folder in mem stick then I haven't done it yet, is that what you mean?
    Should I dl a 2.71 dump and copy the files onto 2.71 folder in DH? If so could you also link
    me to he dl please.

Thank You very much :)

~ VK

Oh yeah also you said I should not have a UMD when I do this right, but should I have UMD
    in when I select the settings and press Start?

9. kealvalro

kealvalro Guest

yup most probably u didn't put 2.71 dump in download this
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/download.php?id=673 then

1.make a folder in desktop name anyname mines is "julia"
    2.open "UI v1.1.1" aplication (known as Devhook v0.46 ultimate installer v1.1.1)
    3.click "next" three times
    4.choose (of course i agree with the terms!lets Get 'Er done!) and click next
    5.install in to the folder "julia" that you made in desktop then click next
    6.open the folder you made in desktop "julia" then open (dh/271),move all the files here to your "memorystick"(dh/271)
    and try the steo i told u

and from start do not put any umd,until u go to devhook just to check if u can boot going there.ok tell me the results soon

10. PantherX

PantherX Regular member

[bold]kealvalro[/bold]
    Well wether i downgraded or emulated doesnt matter to me. If i go to System settings/system information on my PSP and see that it says 1.50 then thats downgrading in my book. in any case i still havent figured out what im doing wrong?!?!?! I put the megaman zero GBA game I downloaded from http://www.emuparadise.org/roms and put it in the PSP/GAME/GPSP folder in my PSP. At first it wouldnt load because it wanted me to rename the .gba files into Gba_bios.bin files. I thought it would load after that but every time i tried to load it. it gives me an error message saying "Bad Jump", am i missing something????

11. pinball12

pinball12 Member

I've done this and it worked. Can i format my memory card or should i leave the files. And i hav no clue on playing my Iso's. I havw NBA Live 07 and GTA Liberty City Stories. I hav DEVHOOK 0.46 launcher but der is no place to put the iso's in. Do I make a folder called ISO? HELP!!!

12. VK_Zone

VK_Zone Member

Pinball yes you make a Folder called ISO in the MEM Stick Root.

Keal, I just got back from school, I'll try it within the next hour and post the results, Thanx for all the help :)

EDIT: Keal I tried clicking your link and it is not taking to the right page instead the homepage, and I tried searching for it but I couldn't find it, could you check if the link has been changed or something?

~ VK

13. pspjunior

pspjunior Regular member

PANTHER!!!!!TELL ME!!! HOW"D U DOWNGRADE YOUR TA-082!!!?????!?!
    IS THERE FINALY A DOWNGRADER FOR THIS FW OF TA-082?

14. kealvalro

kealvalro Guest

here : http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/673
    sorry i think there was a problem linking to direct download
    and then the rest is the same

1.make a folder in desktop name anyname mines is "julia"
    2.open "UI v1.1.1" aplication (known as Devhook v0.46 ultimate installer v1.1.1)
    3.click "next" three times
    4.choose (of course i agree with the terms!lets Get 'Er done!) and click next
    5.install in to the folder "julia" that you made in desktop then click next
    6.open the folder you made in desktop "julia" then open (dh/271),move all the files here to your "memorystick"(dh/271)
    and try the step i told u

and from start do not put any umd,until u go to devhook just to check if u can boot going there.ok tell me the results soon

15. pspjunior

pspjunior Regular member

so theres a downgrader for ta-082 2.71 users?

**EDIT** nvm

16. VK_Zone

VK_Zone Member

FFS Something is wrong, Keal could you give me your Hotmail Add so that we can talk, I think I need some Live help for this lol

~ VK

17. kealvalro

kealvalro Guest

im sorry,i do not usually use any messengers but i will give u a better help.
    download my easy installer.it's fully made.1.5fw and 2.71 is in already link is here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/jjdhug

keep the files you want that is not for the psp then format your whole memory stick.after that extract the files with winrar to your memorystick.oh forgot that remember to place a game in the iso folder k.then this

1)boot "HENC" in "PHOTO" SUB-MENU
    Note:blue screen will pop out for 5sec then it will auto reboot your psp
    2)go to memorystick > choose DEVHOOK0.4X launcher for 2.71
    Note:u will be in devhook menu
    3)set the settings

umd select : NBA Live 07 then umd+image
    firmware : 2.71
    cpu clock : 222/111
    boot select : reboot XMB
    note!!!that u will see ur background has change to a different one.
    if ur psp goes black that means u do not have any 2.71fw dump.
    but if u can go to the different background kind then place any umd inside your psp and hold "home" button then press L or R and your umd game will change.have fun

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2006
  18. VK_Zone

VK_Zone Member

Ahh thats too bad, well I'll tell you the problem though,

I did as you said and put in the 2.71 Dump
    I reloaded hen by having the 5 sec blue screen thing
    Then I went to .4X Menu, After I went to menu I inserted a Game UMD
    I had:

TARGET: <REBOOT XMB>
    UMD-FILE: MS0: /ISO/PSY-NBAL07.CSO

UMD MODE: IMAGE+ANYUMD ,VER.NO CHANGE
    FW PATH: MS0: /DH/271(MS HOOK)
    CLOCK: 222/111
    REMOTE: REMOTE CONTROLLER
    PL-ADDR: 89200000

I tried loading the CSO with and without having a physcial UMD in when in the DEVHOOK Menu but both times my PSP Shut Down :(

What do you make of this?

Another thing should the FW path be this:
    FW PATH: MS0: /DH/271(MS HOOK)
    or this
    FW PATH: MS0: /DH/271(NANDFLASH)

19. kealvalro

kealvalro Guest

hmmm maybe you got mixed up with the installation that why i rather let u use may easy installer,coz this work for me,corizlle,magicpsp,skit,tauran22,tehjoker,corchox and more

u can try it but if u don't maybe best to ask pspjunior coz he opened this thread and the guide is his here.

FW must be this MS0: /DH/271(MS HOOK)

ok guys got to go now.have any questions.PM me and i will get back to u later

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2006
  20. pspjunior

pspjunior Regular member

dam good thing kealvalo is gonna particpate in this thread to lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.