1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GUIDE-2.71 too 1.5 with TA-082 and DEVHOOK, HEN and ISO (Updated 24/7)

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by pspjunior, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pspjunior

pspjunior Regular member

hey all this iso n cso stuff can ork on a 2.71 devhook right?

2. PantherX

PantherX Regular member

[bold]pspjunior[/bold]

what the hell pspjunior, i was able to do it from YOUR tutorial?!?! like i said if what i accomplished is not considerd "downgrading" then my bad but ima stick to what i said, If i go to System settings/system information on my PSP and see that it says 1.50 then thats downgrading in my book. I am gotta be truthfull with ya though kealvalro's psp easy installer http://www.sendspace.com/file/jjdhug owned your whole tutorial!! all the steps and addons were all in one neat little package, it was beautifull!! the only parts i had to follow from ur tutorial was #36 and below. it was alot less confusing than his so thats y i went back and forth. I am happy to say that I am now playing Street fighter Alpha Max from my memory card and that KICKS ASS!!! but i still am having problems playing GBA emulated games on thier which was my main goal in the first place. so if u or anybody could help me with that matter it would be very much apreciated :)

3. VK_Zone

VK_Zone Member

Ahh thanks a lot Keal, It turns out your easy installer did the trick :)

Now I'm playing NBA 07 :D

It turns out all this while I never put in the SRC in the Root lol.

I'd like to say thanks to the following people for helping out constantly instead of calling me a noob or saying RTFM!

.Kealvaro for his (literally) easy installer
    .Pspjunior for his great tut
    .Vampiro for linking me to a great compressor to compress my 1.5gig Iso to a 849 mb CSO so I can play on my 1gig mem stick :)
    .Che for helping me get started and giving me answers in his thread.

and everyone else who helped but I might have missed! Truly Sorry!

Cheers :D

~VK

4. kealvalro

kealvalro Guest

no problem guys.id like to help anytime.

5. pspjunior

pspjunior Regular member

yep.. hey can u tell me exactly wat i need to do to pLAY ISOS ON MY PSP.. and try to make it clear because im a nebie at isos with the devhook and HEN thx....OH AND PANTHERX....U GOTTA MAKE A NEW FOLDER CALLED ROMS IN GPSP AND PUT YOUR ROMS IN THERE

hey are isos suppose to be over 100 mb? ecause im downloading coded arms and its over 1oo mb... is this normal?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2006
  6. PantherX

PantherX Regular member

[bold]VK_Zone[/bold]

fusking internet nerd lingo what the hell does rtfm mean anyway. also if vampiro gave u a decent iso compressor could u give me a link to one thanks!!!

[bold]pspjunior[/bold]

Ok pspjunior i feel kinda wierd teaching the teacher since i would have never gotten that far without your tutorial but here it goes. first off id just reformat your psp memory card (1gig at least) and then dump in kealvalro's easy installer http://www.sendspace.com/file/jjdhug (remember not to add the winwar folder as specified by kealvalro). within his folder there should be a folder called "iso" if u already have a game iso just drag and drop it into that folder. now follow your own instructions to emulate version 1.50 and then go to the "PSP Devhook ver 0.46" in the Game/Memory stick section. now in the Devhook menu select "umd select" u should then see ur iso, select it, then "image+anyumd". go to "firmware" select 2.71, go to cpu clock select 222mhz/111mhz, then in "boot select" select reboot xmb, now click start and your psp should restart in the emulated 2.71 mode. slide in any umd game that u have and the iso thats in your memory card should now be accessible in the game/umd menu. Badda bing Badda boom your all set!!! im pretty sure that kealvalro can confurm these instructions since he bacicly put up the same instructions in his thread but just in a diffrent way. now as for me and my GBA emulated games... well the gpsp download just didnt work for me. everytime i tried to load the emulated games it just crashed so i grabbed the PSPGBA_1017 from the same link u get the gpsp http://www.hackmypsp.com/index.php?categoryid=8&p13_sectionid=5 and that download seemed to do the trick!!! only problem is that the emulated game is horrificly slow !!! the music is completely choppy and the game is barley playable. is there anyway to fix this????

[bold]update[/bold]

turns out that u dont even need to emulate to 1.50 in order to get it to work. so in other words after u do the blue screen trick to reset your PSP just go to "devhook0.4x launcher for 2.71" in the game/memory stick menu and put in the exact settings as before and Badda Bing Badda Bang Badda Bee Badda Boom your all set... cheers:)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2006
  7. PantherX

PantherX Regular member

also were did u get your emulated games from because i downloaded mine from http://www.emuparadise.org/roms and im starting to think that the games that i have, may have been formated diffrently then yours and thats y its acting all funny.

8. stevenps2

stevenps2 Regular member

i havent read the whole thread but have you got the gba bios?if not google as we arent allowed to post links as its piricy,because you need the bios for it to work,if you have allready got it then ignore me lol

9. pspjunior

pspjunior Regular member

thx panther and i ALWAYS get my roms from emuparadise.org and it works fine...did u remember to make a ROMS folder in GPSP?
    Badda Bing Badda Bang Badda Bee Badda Boom...LMAO AHHHAHAHHAHA CHEERS MAN...CHEERS ill tell u if it works by editing this post

hey i cnt run the easy installer thing

EDIT* nvm its working lol...i forgot to extract it

Last edited: Oct 8, 2006
  10. pspjunior

pspjunior Regular member

11. PantherX

PantherX Regular member

alright i finaly got it too work!!!! it turns out that stevenps2 was right... i needed the gba bios.bin. i thought it was the visualboy.exe that i could rename into gba_bios.bin and that would boot it up. but i was way off on that one. Now i have 2 diffrent ways of booting up my gameboy games!! only problem now is the sound. is there any way to fix the sound or to at least shut it off??? (besides mute)

12. pspjunior

pspjunior Regular member

k congrats...im trying to download an iso but dnt know where.. i even searched up google but wen i clicked on the links its nothing about isos...can someone tell me a site where i can download isos?
    thx

PANTHERX to fix the sound.. its not probibly the sound its probibly lagging so hold triangle and press
    up to change the frameate until its running smoothly....to exit out og GPSP hold trangle and click left then go to exit gpsp

Last edited: Oct 9, 2006
  13. pspjunior

pspjunior Regular member

14. PantherX

PantherX Regular member

i have to addmit that getting iso,s is a pain in the butt. i dont think youll have much luck searching google since im pretty sure its illegal to DL one. Kealvaro gave me some sites that might have some... torrentspy.com,blackcats-games.net and gamestorrents.com but i think u have to register with them in order to obtain anything plus i think one of them is in spanish. my guess is u should probably get kazza or sharaza and look for them in thier... good luck

15. pspjunior

pspjunior Regular member

OMG IM PLAYING NFS MOST WANTED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!! IT WORKS SO DARN WELL NO LAG NO NOTHING

16. yongiori

yongiori Member

i having a problem last time i manage to sucessful run the emulator but after i format my memory stick my screen just cant get to green and i always get blue and hang there when open HENC and my psp is 2.71 version anyone pls help

17. hello88

hello88 Member

can gba emulator works with this

18. pspjunior

pspjunior Regular member

gba emulator can work with this no problem

and YONGIORI u r only suppose to c the green screen ONCE...the rest will just be blue.make shure there are no umd in the psp or it wont work...u know that sound wen u put a umd into the psp?wen that sound is on while using hen...hen will just freeze.so either u take out the umd or wait till the sound is done....the sound that u hear wen the umd is spinning inside of the psp is the sound im talkin about

Last edited: Oct 11, 2006
  19. pspjunior

pspjunior Regular member

20. icaba

icaba Member

I did all the steps and HENC still WILL NOT work on my mobo. I have a TA-082.Does Battery effect anything.Two folders in Photo Section?????? HELP do i press right on the d-pad or X button or start?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.