1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide: Configurable USB Loader using FAT32 Partition (NO WBFS PARTITION NEEDED)

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by larrylje, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Tou will need to do a search for it.

But why would you want it in WAD format?

2. Avinator

Avinator Member

i did an update on the usb loader itself but it doesnt work when i try loading it. I want it as a channel

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

When updating the loader make sure your choosing the FAT32 update not the non-fat32 update (they are labeld).

It is also pointless to install it as a channel. Just install the forwarder and add the USB Loader files to the USB Device (like the guide says).

4. scrap69

scrap69 Guest

Hey Larry

Do you sometimes notice that some games when playing on cfg loader are a little fuzzy or seem like they have some static on the screen? I know its not a pal or ntsc thing as I forced them both on various games. If I sit back far enough from the TV you cant even notice it. Just wondering if there is a flaw in the usb loaders? I have a component cable connected to a 42" HD TV so it should be quite clear at 420p

any answers would be appreciated

5. VOLmaniac

VOLmaniac Member

Anyone else seeing this? If so, was there anything you could do to resolve it? I have been using it successfully for a week or two now, and I see the above when I first run the USB loader after the Wii has been powered on. The loader then works on the first attempt every time until I turn the power off and back on.

It's not really an issue other than annoyance, but I'm a prefectionist and would like to getting it working correctly. I'm also thinking I mat load priiloader, and I'm wondering/worried this may be a problem once priiloader is installed.

6. scrap69

scrap69 Guest

The seagate 500gb will work however it will not work with the cfg loader, the only way to get it to work is to format the whole drive to wbfs and run uloader from homebrew to boot the games. Uloader is not as pretty as cfg loader but it does have the option to install cover pics and change setting etc

7. Russellah

Russellah Member

Quick Question..
    How do i get this loader to display disc images?

8. mary75

mary75 Member

I read the whole TUT which is wonderful BTW and everything works great! My only issue is that the games are playing in black and white. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks!

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Force NTSC in CFG Settings.

10. wiidamo

wiidamo Guest

just to add.

i am using a 500gb seagate portable drive and it works.

i have 100gb formatted as fat32 the rest is ntfs and it works with mplayer ce and with this usb cfg loader.

Damo

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

This is false because I know a few people that use a 500GB Seagate perfectly fine with CFG Loader.

12. mary75

mary75 Member

Oh boy how did I miss that duh lol........Thanks Larry works perfect!

13. Moridiin

Moridiin Member

Hi, was just wondering how to take save files from games I have played thorugh the CFG loader so I can take to my mates and transfer to his wii/cfg loader.

The reason for this is so I can play games from a saved point (lol obviously duh :p) than starting over again.

Thanks in advance

14. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The same way you would transfer a normal game save (use SD card and copy via Data management>Save Data).

15. scrap69

scrap69 Guest

well I guess it only works with various seagte 500gb hd's as I have tried everything to get mine to work as well as a few friends, maybe its a fake as I live here in China who knows... But the only way I was able to get games to run is to format the drive to wbfs and use uloader

16. larrylje

larrylje Active member

My brother has a 1TB Seagate and he has to turn the Wii on first then unplug the power to the device then plug it back in for the USB loader to find it. Maybe try doing this to see if it works.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  17. scrap69

scrap69 Guest

ha ha ha would you believe it, it actually works now thanks to your method... wish i would of know this before I bought a 1.5tb o well now the 500gb is a gift for my brother. Thanks Larry

18. al1en2

al1en2 Member

i have installed cfg usb loader and all is working fine except i have a 640gig hdd and after formating as fat32 only 600gig is available? im missing 40gig somewhere?

19. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

This is normal. It is because of how manufacturers use the base 10 to account for each byte (the way it should be). In essence, 1000MB equate to 1GB. This is perfectly sensible. Widows OS, on the other hand, considers 1024MB as 1GB. Hence, the discrepancy in size between the advertised and actual size of the hard drive.

20. gionigr8

gionigr8 Member

Hi all,

Q: Why when I use Wii Backup Manager to convert iso to wbfs, my iso file has 4.3 gb and the conversion is done for 1 gb?

I've uncheck from the winrar the association, and the icon for iso is not associated to any app.

It's happening to 12 of my wii backup iso games.

THX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.