1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide: Configurable USB Loader using FAT32 Partition (NO WBFS PARTITION NEEDED)

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by larrylje, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larrylje

larrylje Active member

This is normal.

All Wii Game ISO's should be 4.37GB. When you convert them to WBFS files the application will delete all the junk data. All it keeps is the actual game data. So the end result size of the WBFS file may very depending on how much actual game data is on the game.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  2. jonser

jonser Member

maybe i'm posting in the wrong area but i completed all of larry's mods and everything was easy and worked out great...one question i have is there a specific way of using the external hd as also a media player to play movies in avi, mpeg, formats? and how would i go about doing so

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I use GeeXbox to play AVI files from the USB Device. Just set up GexXbox add the AVI files to the USB Device and play using it.

4. blindrat

blindrat Member

Hi..I'm having a similar problem - every time I try to load a game it hangs. Does anyone have the solution to this??

5. jonser

jonser Member

can you recommend a guide for the geexbox that i can follow?

6. Donchino

Donchino Member

Thanks Larry for the great tutorial. I'm currently working on a friends WII and have followed your instructions step by step, I first tried instructions that led up to installing homebrew, Cios, neogamma, wads... After completing and tried to open up Neo gamma it would just go to a black screen and remote shut off. I found out he has one of the new ones (LU39..) so I proceeded to your next step to install backup loader. Now its all installed and I'm having the same problem, when I open up USB Loader from the start up menu it also goes to a black screen and remote shut off. Is there a fix for this? As I mentioned, I followed your instructions step by step and completing all successfully. Thanks

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Your doing something wrong if it is not working. Make sure you follow the guides WORD FOR WORD. Also make sure your using a compatible USB Device.

8. Donchino

Donchino Member

Yes instructions was followed word for word. The problem is not the USB device, the problem is getting the Wad to start. When I open it up from my start menu the screen goes black and the wii remote is shut off. It also happens when I attempt to open up neogamma.

9. Donchino

Donchino Member

By the way I followed the same steps on an older Wii and its working fine.

I'm still having problems with the newer WII that my friend got for Xmas, starting with LU39

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Don't know what to tell you. You didn't do something right or something different. I can't magically make it work for you. You need to find out yourself what you have done different.

11. ewanioc

ewanioc Member

Figures. The day I purchase a HDD the guide goes down. Anyone have any suggestions on where to find a reputable and excellent guide like the ones larrylje had posted?

Thanks...

12. jonser

jonser Member

go on www.wiihacks.com awesome site for many different mods

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.