1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide for TA-082 PSP:devhook,iso games faqs,downgraders,3.03 OE stuffs[closed]

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by kealvalro, Sep 26, 2006.

1. SjN

SjN Member

guys i have 2 questions

1) how do i do a hard reset? is it just holding the power button off for 10 seconds?

2) when i press on "start" in devhook, my psp freezes and then shuts off.

so then it takes me another 5 mins to make the HENC work and then i start the devhook again, press on start and once again it crushes.

help?

2. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

Kealvalro, whats the other way of doing it with out the UMD? I still havent bought it yet but i dont plan to but if i need it, i will.

3. kealvalro

kealvalro Guest

sjn ye to hard reset psp just hold the power reset and also if ur psp hangs from time to time that means u either are missing some files dude.u can download my easy installer here.and extract all the files to ur psp.
    filesname is "PSP 2.71 Easy Installer+WINRAR"
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/rdq25o

sorry tehjoker currently only 1.50 can boot image with noumd.that mean u must go to devhook 1.50fw to boot noumd game but this does not work for games that needs a higher fireware

4. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

Oh well, I guess getting a umd wont be as bad.. I tried that already but so far none of the older games seem to work in 1.5fw. Anyone have a list of which iso will play on 1.5fw?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2006
  5. touran22

touran22 Regular member

yeah nice one just tried it on my mates TA-082 worked like a charm thanks for the this kealvalro and dark alex just need it to be stable!

6. touran22

touran22 Regular member

do i need that irshell thing? it takes up to much space?! what else can i remove that are un neccessary i used teh easy insattler!

7. kealvalro

kealvalro Guest

tauran22
    in ms_root delete the folders irshell and winrar.

in PSP/COMMON folder delete X5,X5 documentation.txt and x5.jpg.

in PSP/GAME folder delete the folders bookr,bookr%,fa,fa%,irshell,irshell%

this is all u can delete in there and no it will not brick ur psp

8. ccwdude

ccwdude Member

kealvalro, dude i just wanna thank you for your help and your files. I finally got it going and it's awesome. It works everytime too. No ones laughing at us ta-082 owners now, huh. I wanna thank dark alex and all the others who has made this possible, FINALLY.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2006
  9. GeoHound

GeoHound Member

Hi guys I was just going through the thread and I had a couple questions. Well here we go, If I install all this stuff it won't downgrade my psp's firmware it will actually upgrade it, correct? So if i no longer want any of the files in my psp anymore will it ruin my psp? Or if I decide to format my memory stick will it mess things up? If i get a new memory stick do i have to install everything on to that as well? Because right now I'm using a 1 gig stick. and i'm planning get atleast a 2 gig. Now my last question is: the iso's that you play are the ones that you can download correct? and you can use any UMD game to load it or how does all that work? Thanks in advance.

10. kealvalro

kealvalro Guest

ccwdude no problem dude coz i was once a 2.5 ta-082 user(regretful before now hurray)and yes thanks to dark_alex and his great crew with thw efforts they made,now nobody can laugh at us 2.0 to 2.71 ta-082 users haha.but i hope they will find a cure for those 2.80 or 2.81 users soon.

Geohound if u upgrade to 2.71 yes u can use all of this and
    yes u can format ur memorystick if u do not want the files anymore u will just be on ur original 2.71
    but note that if ur psp is ta-082 and if u do upgrade to 2.71,there is no downgrade at the moment,coz 0okm is still making the program.
    any iso and cso can be play for us but not the games that has a higher firmware version.yes u can use any umd games to load the iso or cso but not movie umd kind.
    if u are getting a new memorystick i think u have to install everything again coz our ones is different from 1.5 devhook.

11. Erllun

Erllun Member

Hi Guys. Well I buy a psp and it came version 2.60 but it's not a TA-082. But i'm really in doubt about what to do. I don't know if I try a downgrade to 1.50 or if I use this 2.71 stuff to play iso games.
    I need some help, tell me what would be better for me to do.
    (sorry for the poor english... I'm from Brazil =P)

12. anymouse

anymouse Guest

hey hello anybody,

i tryed with was written here, but when i just wanted to upgrade my fw 2.6 ta-082 mobo to fw 2.71.
    went to gamesand then memory and it say corrupted data?
    i aslo tryed it with the easy installer but also many of the files where corrupted data.

can anyone please help to solve this problem

thank a lot

13. anymouse

anymouse Guest

hey hello kealvalro i have a question?

in your tut stap:
    B)moving "homebrew enabler for 2.71(rev.B)","Devhook launcher for 2.71 port", "1.50 US Dump" to psp

you say
    open "henb2" with WinRAR (known as homebrew enabler for 2.71(rev.B))
    4.open MS_ROOT and move "dh" and "PSP" to "memorystick.
    but i acn't find i file or folder in the MS_root directory from homebrew B with the name "dh" is this a mistake or did i downloaded the wrong file (used your link.

cause i can't get it to work maybe this is the problem

thanks already

14. touran22

touran22 Regular member

bruv use the easy installer!

15. Corizzle

Corizzle Member

I used the easy installer and copied everything to the main directory on my memory stick.

When I select HEN from my photo menu, my PSP freezes for a second and then just turns off, when I turn it back on I'm still in 2.71 and everything is still working fine.

Any ideas? I've tried at least 30 times

Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  16. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

Um..ya, your supposed to be in 2.71 when that happens.

17. Corizzle

Corizzle Member

I know, but what am I supposed to do, keep trying?

The guide mentions freezing but doesn't mention that sometimes it turns off automatically

18. Corizzle

Corizzle Member

k, I got HEN installed, but when I go to DevHook launcher the Sony logo comes up and then I get a cannot load game.

Any reasons why?

19. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

What do you mean? You saying that Devhook wont work or the game wont?

20. Corizzle

Corizzle Member

Well it's changed anyway.

Now I can get into devhook, and I set up the menu as the guide said (only my iso is Spinter Cell Essentials) and I click start and it just shuts off and doesn't go to the rebooted 2.71 with blue background

This is using the easy installer as directed. HEN B and C work perfectly, it's a problem with devhook

Last edited: Oct 3, 2006