1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide for TA-082 PSP:devhook,iso games faqs,downgraders,3.03 OE stuffs[closed]

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by kealvalro, Sep 26, 2006.

1. kealvalro

kealvalro Guest

great splinter cell i download two types but i didn;t try it yet
    and cool corizzle,good at least u can be a noob hehe like the seniors here.im also trying.

2.50 TA-082 downgrader has been canceled.i don't think 0okm will make one anymore but i hope dark_alex will make one,it's good i didn't hesitate to update my psp and use the tools that dark_alex made.great but 0okm i think i lost hope on the guy.first he said it will take a long time then when it was out,stupid man it gone shut down after 2-5 days only.im thinking why did he even made such a softdown.

2. Corizzle

Corizzle Member

Tonight I'm going to test emulating 1.5 and then using Devhook to run Smackdown in a 2.5 firmware dump

Hopefully nothing bad goes wrong

3. tommerr

tommerr Member

Hi guys,
    I don't know, what's wrong with my psp. I do the following steps (, as another gusy wrote already too):

1. Format my 2 GB Memory Stick.
    2. Copy all the contents of the new Easy Installer to my Memory Stick.
    3. Copy iso to a folder in the root of my memory stick named ISO.
    4. Go to PHOTO HEN -> blue screen is OK, but my PSP doesn't restart, only shut down.
    5. Turn it on -> start booting -> go to GAME dir -> memory stick -> DEVHOOK4.X launcher for 2.71 ->

...and then nothing happens. OK, on display is the following text:
    "The game could not be started. (80020148)"

Why is that problem?

4. sizy123

sizy123 Member

ok so i installed the easy installer. go onto photos, get a blue screen. my psp doesnt restart, just goes black and when i go on devhook0.4x it says this game cannot be started. HELP PLEASE

5. tommerr

tommerr Member

sizy123 you are funny guy! i wrote some problem just 10 minutes earlier...

Maybe the key of ours problem come earlier. ;)

6. Corizzle

Corizzle Member

It's because it shuts off, keep trying until it restarts, you have to run HEN everytime you turn your PSP on and since it's turning off automatically, you would still have to run HEN again

Ok, just tested and no luck with loading a 2.5 firmware dump after emulating 1.5, thank god it didn't brick at least. keal I'd be really thankful if you tested your Splinter Cell ISOs and tell me if either of them worked

I also sent you a PM keal so if you could please check your PMs

Two more tested games:
    MLB The Show - No Go, freezes during loading
    NFL Street 2 Unleashed - Perfect

Seems like with the exception of Loco Roco, all of the newer games aren't working for me and older games are

Last edited: Oct 5, 2006
  7. kealvalro

kealvalro Guest

sizy123 and tommerr,did you guys make sure u upgraded to 2.71 than install easy installer then go to "photo" and boot "HEN C" when it goes blue or green it will automatically restart.if freezes or red screen happens then reboot ur psp.
    then do "HEN C" again when u are back to psp after the auto reboot,go to memorystick on ur psp screen then choose devhook0.4x launcher for 2.71 and the rest u should check the 1st post again.
    good luck dudes

hey corizlle,do u want wwe that badly.i do not know if i can send it to u coz my net speed is slow.
    or how about this tell me the games u want to play and i will see if mine works.

8. Corizzle

Corizzle Member

If you could test Splinter Cell then I would be happy

9. PantherX

PantherX Regular member

ok i finally got a 2gb memory stick but now i dont have any ISO's. arggh my main thing though was to play emulated games like GameBoy Advance games, not neccesarily ISO games. I thought the PSP was capable of doing that through hacks and such but it doesnt seem to be an issue in this thread. am i wrong or is there a way to play emulated games from the tutorial you posted???

10. pspjunior

pspjunior Regular member

YES u can play emulated games such as SNES and GBA.. its extreamly easy but u gotta be on 1.5 for it to be very easy
    i have gpsp on my psp n i have pokemon emerald, super mario advance 2 and ff 1 and 2

11. yzfr6drw

yzfr6drw Member

I've got everything running, but can someone tell me how to switch between iso? I try to execute the Devhook 4.x launcher for 2.71 it gives me an error and restarts. How to I switch between ISO?

Thanks, much appreciated.

12. sizy123

sizy123 Member

hi, i have 2.71 US on my psp. i go to photo and then HEN C then it goes blue and then i have a black screen with the power button on green. this lasts about 15 seconds. then the power button goes off and nothing happens until i switch it on again HELP PLEASE, what am i doing wrong?

Thanks

13. kealvalro

kealvalro Guest

hey sizy123,when u launch HEN C and when it goes to blue screen it must onlt last for only 5 sec if your psp doesn't reboot after the blue screen.the coz is maybe freezing.

hey yzfr6drw,did you install this by urself or u use the easy installer.if u did use the easy installer then go to "PHOTOS" in ur psp screen and choose "HENC" then ur screen will go blue for bout 5secs then it will auto reboot then choose devhook0.4x launcher for 2.71.

14. yzfr6drw

yzfr6drw Member

hey kealvalro, I have already successfuly used the devhook to load the iso. My problem is not that it doesn't work, I want to change to another iso, and I can't because if I run devhook again, I get an error. I have to do a hard reset to get to original firmware without HEN, then re-do the whole process and then select another iso. Any way to avoid a hard reset to load another iso?

15. kealvalro

kealvalro Guest

ok yzfr6drw,i think i know now.try this do not put any umd in ur psp.
    make sure u place the game into the psp iso folder in your psp.

1)boot "HENC",the blue screen will pop and itself will autoboot
    2)boot "DEVHOOK0.4X for 2.71",this will bring u to devhook menu
    3)set these settings:

umd select : (example:locoroco.iso)
    firmware : 2.71
    cpu clock : 222/111
    boot select : reboot XMB
    then last of all click "START" on the devhook menu.wait a while
    then now u will be in a different background screen.
    now place a umd in your psp.
    then hold the "HOME" button and press L or R
    note that u will see the image change on the bottom of your psp screen.choose one u want to play then go to "GAME" > "UMD"
    there u go have fun.

16. tommerr

tommerr Member

hey sizy123,

I did make one step forward: when you make the full process of 1st post, the you got a HENB too. With HENB my psp can reboot, and I can acces to the devhook menu. But...
    ...when I make the settings correct, and click on the start, my PSP always go to deep sleep :( (freeze).
    I think so we need a stable HEND, or what. ;)

17. kealvalro

kealvalro Guest

hey tommerr,did you get the easy installer here.
    the new one is 22.226kb,if it is not this size then it is not the new one.

18. touran22

touran22 Regular member

can u delte teh first 'hen' and just leave 'henc'?

19. kealvalro

kealvalro Guest

yes u can delte hen b and keep the new.
    and those who are still in the old easy installer go back to first post and at the end of the post is the new easy installer.
    i hope there is no more problem for u guys out there

and i have tested that u can play your psp iso game via usb from your computer.that means like your iso is in your pc and u are playing them is your psp.

20. asp2006

asp2006 Member

Hi!

I'm new to PSP homebrew and I wonder if I could run fasloader to dump UMDs and play ISOs after a do as it's said in the guide.

Tkank you and I'm sorry if this has already been posted!