1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GUIDE:Hack ANY Psp WITHOUT Pandora

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by PSPgamen, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Simpss

Simpss Member

Ok I managed to get it to work, I tried all that and all it took was to use a different memory card and it worked first time lol. Don't see why since they're the exact same except different sizes but there you go! Heres hoping the rest goes smoothly now :p

2. MastaBass

MastaBass Member

Okay, so I have downloaded ChickHen but it shows up as ChickHen in the system information, not ChickHen r2. I don't understand... I followed the correct download links. After I tried downloading the CFW and installing it but it showed up as unsupported data. This is really frustrating, I would appreciate the help. Thank you - MastaBass

3. MastaBass

MastaBass Member

Okay, so i have followed all the instructions and links but it says 5.03 ChickHen in the system information instead of ChickHen r2. I tried the CFW after-wards and it showed up as Corrupted data when I tried to install it. I would appreciate the help. Thanks - MastaBass

4. MIK009

MIK009 Member

I have a 1001 series psp and did not use the CFW application.After install of ChickHen I copied recovery flasher into GAME folder,then copied the 5.00 OFW into the recovery folder inside the flash folder.You will have to rename this folder to 500.PBP before moving.Disable USB from PC then go to games on PSP and open install program. Anyway, thats what I did.Mine did not say R2 either after ChickHen install. Good luck.

5. Demon323

Demon323 Regular member

This should be stickied. Very useful information. Hope i dont have to use it lol but handy. Great Job!

6. tsarrack

tsarrack Member

I need help. I have a slim PSP 2001 that IS fully hackable. I can get the ChickHEN exploit to run but then when i try to run Hellcat's Recovery Flasher, when I get to the screen to agree to use the program i can't select yes of no and the buttons don't appear to work. I also tried running KeyCleaner and get the same results. Any idea at all why this is happening? All the buttons seem to work fine up until this point.

7. unchris55

unchris55 Regular member

k i got this to work on my 3001 i know not to reset the psp but can i not load my normal games now and will it not run new games i just want to play gran turismo and nba 2k10 from the disc cause i have them can i not load them with this custom firmware or how do i get an updated version of the fw

8. jport

jport Member

9. ckman88

ckman88 Member

Hi, I have a PSP 1000 and I accidentally turned it off while Hellcat's Recovery Flasher was in the installation process. Now it doesn't load or anything when I try to turn it on. I was wondering if anybody could please help me with this.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  10. cvoliver

cvoliver Member

Is anyone going to make a comment about how to do this with 6.10 I am very frustrated and he never says you cannot do it with 6.10 but he doesn't show any actual way to do it and the title says all PSP's which left me searching through text to find a solution for 6.10 and I am currently left in the dust. Please I would like an answer if 6.10 is hackable and if not then don't falsely name your thread and mislead people like me.

11. jport

jport Member

Like I have said, yes 6.10 is hackable, but right now I/every1 but my beta for some reason am getting an error that I need to fix, however at the time I am working on an exploit that I found and I need a hacker that knows mips architecture. If it get my exploit to work then there will be no reason for me to make the downgrader. So far my exploit only restarts the psp.

12. cvoliver

cvoliver Member

oh okay sorry bout that keep up the hard work I'm lucky i found a friend who has an extra battery i can use to downgrade it

13. sisc

sisc Member

Why cant I do the normal update to 5.03 from 3.51? I got the psp phat and it says corrupt data when I try to launch the update (I saved it in psp/game/update). Does it mater if the psp is from US or EU? Because mine us EU...

Please help me annyone:p

14. crazy2eyz

crazy2eyz Member

hay sisc your psp is like my psp u have to upgrade from a umd it wont do it any other way that i could find. the umd i used is dragon ball evolution. it has the 5.03 update u need. then u have to find the right hell cat's recovery not all of them work right on that kind of a psp. and it is really hard to get the iso file to work.

15. psp_user2

psp_user2 Member

I have a psp 2001 slim and firmware 6.20 and dont know how to hack it. plz help

16. psp_user2

psp_user2 Member

i have a 2001 psp slim with 6.20 firmware and want to hack but dont know how plz help.

17. gopalg73

gopalg73 Member

hi, i am having a psp 2000, i upgraded it from version 4. 0 to 5.03 sucessfully, but i am unable to chicken it i tried many times but i fails , it just turns off after some time when i browse and select the last image small tiff.
    what am i doing wrong.
    how can i find the motherboard version without installing chicken.
    regards
    gopal

18. Rlain

Rlain Member

Hi!
    I got a psp 1000, Had a 3.something firmware, upgraded to 5.03, without a problem.
    Then i loaded in the files for ChickHEN (all of them, ill get to this later), and as i try it does one of three things,either it:
    1. Freezes as it loads the folder (or even memory stick on rare occasions)
    2. Freezes as it loads the picture.
    or
    3. Loads all the thumbs but doesn't freeze at all. Not until I load the picture (#2...)

And regardless of what happens, if it freezes, it shuts down, and I have to manually start it up again.

Now, of what I've read this is "normal" and it'll take a couple of tries....
    I've tried more than 50 times, changed to other files (which should "work better with the psp 1000", i guess it's different versions of ChickHEN), tried many times with them, same results.
    I've tried different folders, folder names, different names on the files, different amount of files, and so on. All tried every single setup many times just to rule out that it could work eventually.

Now, I'm kind of stuck here. Don't know what to do next.
    The goal I'm trying to achieve is being able to emulate GBA roms, and play some games (which I have bought) without having to have the UMD's with me all the time, and so on.

Now, I just want to double check some things, of what I understand, using ChickHEN is a was to enable Homebrew apps without having to hardmod the PSP, right?
    Then when you have enabled it you can install a CFW in order to what?
    I see some apps require CFW in order to function, but why?
    And the other way to enable all of this is to hardmod (using a pandora battery, or a digital piece of equipment to change your battery's code to become a pandora battery and back) to be able to enter service mode and so on to be able to install a CFW to enable Homebrew apps. Right?

And since all I want to do is enable HomeBrew apps i figured the easies way would be to go with ChickHEN, as long as it would work for me. Because i don't really feel like going the pandora way, since I have a PSP 1K and is "should" work... :p

I'm guessing that I'm doing something wrong. Help would be appriciated. =D

(If Pandora is the only way to go, I'm guessing that I'm heading to the store tomorrow to pick up an extra battery pack... :p)

Btw, did I mention that my PSP is from the Netherlands, its a PSP 1K, but white (if that matters), and the "enter" button isn't X for me, its "O". Just FYI.

Thanx in advance! :)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  19. Rlain

Rlain Member

Okay, forgot what i said, out if impatience i sat down and did it approximatley a 100 times more, and randomly it worked!
    WOHO!!!!

20. Darkfyre

Darkfyre Member

Hi guys just followed the tutorial, got it all working then placed an ISO game onto the memory card went to play it and all I got waas a black screen for ages so I turned the psp of and when I came to turn it back on all I got was a green light, any one got any ideas on how to over come this?