1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GUIDE:Hack ANY Psp WITHOUT Pandora

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by PSPgamen, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Malan99

Malan99 Member

Okay...There wasnt a folder called GAME in my psp(psp1000-firmware 2.83).So I created a one and coppied that EBOOT.PBP in to that folder. But how to run tha programme...There wasnt any icon or thing in the xmb called Update or EBOOT...What should I do...Please help.

2. Malan99

Malan99 Member

Okay...There wasnt a folder called GAME in my psp(psp1000-firmware 2.83).So I created a one and coppied that EBOOT.PBP in to that folder. But how to run tha programme...There wasnt any icon or thing in the xmb called Update or EBOOT...What should I do...Please help.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  3. Rlain

Rlain Member

Hm. I think that the game you have isn't working with your particular firmware. Or something that way. I had the same problem with a game, researched it, and found out that i needed a higher firmware for that game, or decrypt the game. Then i tried a game which should work with my formware, and it did. :)
    I run m33-6 i think.

So hit me back if this was any help. :)

4. therckr

therckr Member

yo this is one of the best and most specific instructions for downloading and installing custom firmware and i will try to have 5.00 m33-6 thanks man

5. drmchang

drmchang Member

Thanks PSPgamen, your guide is outstanding!

I studied your guide and read all replies in this thread, bascially I spent about 2-3 days reading this thread. Then I watched some Youtube video. I basically have my PSP3001 up and running any game in about 20 minutes. Thanks to all of you, it was a slam dunk for me.

I have a PSP3001, installed ChickHen R2 and CFWEnabler v3.6, followed the steps in the guide and now I am happy. I am able to play most of the games, so it is working great. I only have 1G memory stick, therefore I am reading how to bring it up to 32G in some other threads so that I can store more games.

Make sure you remember to copy the h.bin to the memory stick root directory.

Once again, Thanks to all of you to make my life easy and happy, you guys are awesome!

6. BadJaBoi

BadJaBoi Member

It worked for my psp, but for some reason every time i reboot my psp the recovery menu comes up. my r button is constantly being pressed. Any idea on how to fix it?

7. aman1234

aman1234 Member

hi i got psp 3004 with v5.01 and i purchased a 16gb orignial sony card i wanna install this i wud appricate if any one can help me out on messnger thx :) coz im confused and can i play d.lodable games on it then?and after installing hen do ive to keep ma psp always on?can i even play games on umd later on or not after this hacks?thx for help :)

8. Oman217

Oman217 Member

dude what happens if i cant update it? my psp says im at 6.2, no need to update plz help me

9. Oman217

Oman217 Member

dude what happens if u cant update? my psp says its at 6.2 and theres no need to update? any way to kick it in the balls?

10. mav747

mav747 Member

hey guys im having some trouble i got everything to work , my firmware is 5.03 chickHEN and when i got to load hellcats recovery flasher is says data is courupted

PLZ HELP ~!

11. yuyo1

yuyo1 Member

Guys my psp is ver 3.60, how can i hack it to play download games..

please advise.

thanks

12. djbrave

djbrave Member

i was just wondering if there is a risk of bricking the psp please let me know thank you

13. jmk911

jmk911 Member

are you sure it will work i have a psp 1000
    im not sure if it will work
    do u have a more in-dept guide

14. jmk911

jmk911 Member

are you sure it will work i have a psp 1000
    im not sure if it will work
    do u have a more in-dept guide

15. karlroby

karlroby Regular member

Hi Guys,

Im trying to use the chickHen exploit on my PSP1000 updated to 5.03 OFW and i can't get it to work for the life of me .

Ive put the files on my memory card in the correct folders but its not doing anything, the only effect i get from it is that it freezes and turns off sometimes.

Ive tried everything possible in the tutorial with no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas?

16. karlroby

karlroby Regular member

Right for those of you who are having the problems with chickHEN you need to turn on your PSP and go to Settings > Character Set and select US(437) then continue to do the chickHEN exploit as stated in post 1.

The reason for setting the character to US(437) is to ensure that the .tiff file is bottom of the list and that way this exploit will work.

This really should be added to the tutorial in post 1 for those people who don't know.

17. awesomo123

awesomo123 Member

it says i need ofw5.03 but later on it says (For phat) u need 5.00

18. awesomo123

awesomo123 Member

it says in the begining u need firmware 5.03 but later says (for phat) i need firmware 5.0
    which one do i need for the psp phat

19. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

20. Shiggitay

Shiggitay Member

Hey all. I'm interested in getting a NEW Japanese Mint Green PSP-2000 Slim (part of the Blume series) off of eBay (possibly for myself for Xmas) and I was wondering if it's fully 100% permanently hackable. I'd want to play ISOs of games like Hatsune Miku: Project Diva (both of them) and the newly released K-ON: Houkago Live!!, as well as any other game I happen to come across that would interest me. I'll be going to 2 animé conventions in the coming year and having a PSP with such functionality would help me pass the time waiting in line for panels awesomely.

Now, I've read someone's post on another site stating that he got this same PSP I want and it came with OFW 5.50. I've also come to understand (feel 100% free to correct me if I'm wrong) that with HellCat Recovery you can downgrade/revert any PSP to 5.03 or below. Is this true? I'd hate to keep having to apply the ChickHEN hack each time the PSP's battery were to die, or if I accidentally update it or reboot it. Also, if anyone here has above mentioned PSP, what motherboard version is it? Is it the HellCat Recovery-perma-mod capable one?

Here's the site where I found where another person has the PSP I want:

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-beginners-forum/66539-help-me-my-new-psp-slim-2000-a.html

EDIT: After doing more research I've learned what motherboard revision the PSP needs to be, and I've watched several videos on how to go from any firmware revision to 5.50 Gen-D3. It's gotta be anything but TA-088v3 apparently. It looks like I'll need a Pandora battery and a Magic Memory Stick. That's fine. I'll get it from here should I decide to get this PSP:

http://pandorasales.com/slim-psp-pandora-battery-512mb-magic-memory-st512.html

Even if that MMS is just a 512 MB, it'll work just fine I'm sure.

Thanks in advance,
    Shiggitay

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010