1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GUIDE:Hack ANY Psp WITHOUT Pandora

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by PSPgamen, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Wrong, totally wrong. If you have the v3 motherboard, Pandora battery won't work, so your only choice of hacking that PSP would be using chickHEN and again, your only choice of using chickHEN is if your PSP is on 5.03 or below. Anything above and you are stuck with official firmware.

2. AlexJarvis

AlexJarvis Member

dont mean to bother you but i have a psp 3000 with firmware v4.4. If i did this tutorial, would it work and what other steps should i take to play back up games on it ?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  3. Shiggitay

Shiggitay Member

Thanks for the clarification. :) The PSP I want that I mentioned above I learned has 5.03 or less on it since it was manufactured in December of 2008. Now if the mobo is indeed TA-088 v2 or less then I'm in business, correct? I have my eye on another PSP 2000 with 15 games as well. I also read more into it all and I'd prefer NOT to use ChickHEN if at all possible. I've watched a few YT vids of it being done and all they used was an MMS and a Pandora battery... no mention of ChickHEN at all.

Thanks,
    Shiggitay

4. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

With chickHEN you can put custom firmware on any PSP that is permanently modable without having to get (buy/make (in your case: BUY)) a Pandora.
    @AlexJarvis: Yes, but not permanently. If your battery goes dead you revert back to official firmware.

5. AlexJarvis

AlexJarvis Member

Thats great will give it a go, thanks allot :)

6. NLR

NLR Member

Hello.. My bro in law tried to hack a psp2003 but unfortunately, it was shutdown and we cant use it anymore.. it has a power.. plz tell me what really happened with the gadget?

7. Sax27

Sax27 Member

Hi Im 55 years old and I was hoping you could help me with my problem. I have a PSP model 1004 with version 5.03. I have some games that are not original, but it does not work. And please, when you are explaining can you explain step by step because Without a Pandora Battery Im 55 years and it was for my grandson thanks a lot

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  8. HAPPYJOKER

HAPPYJOKER Member

IT SAYS THERE IS NO DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE WHEN I TRY TO DOWNLOAD THE CFW ENABLER....IT SAYS THE CREATER DELETED IT......SUM1 PLZ HELP

9. HAPPYJOKER

HAPPYJOKER Member

HOW DO YOU DOWNLOAD THE CFW ENABLER...IT WONT LET ME

10. dbarrier

dbarrier Member

ok bit of a noob but got the chickHen working fine..i have a ta-088v2 mobo will... before i continue which method do i choose considering i have a v2 and not v3

ok...got it working for any noobs like me anything less than v3 you use the second method with recovery flasher... got it on my first try tooo... thank you God... and thank u Pspgamen

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  11. dbarrier

dbarrier Member

one noobish question tho ... once hacked can you play games of any memory card or you need to do sumtin special to run them off....let's say a brand new card.???

12. Korun

Korun Member

I have psp 1001 but the chicken image doesnt work can someone tell me other download chichken photo. Pls

13. Cash168

Cash168 Member

Hi,

I got my PSP 1000 hacked and it works for most games.

except the latest games that just came out.

Winning Eleven 2011 when I try to run it there is an error message "The Game could not be started (80020148)"

I got from another website that I need to update my eboot file but I cant found it after the upgrade.

Anyone can help me out?

Thanks,

14. jays2k

jays2k Member

followed all of the directions from the guide. it took some playing with to get the chickHen to work (restarting, battery pull, reformatting,) but it went through and now system is 5.0 m-33! i'm transferring my games to the iso folder.
    problem.. tried playing Madden10 and i get the error "The game could not be started. (80020148). does anyone know why this would happen? i thought it was the error code when you didnt have a umd in, but I do have one (an old one) but it's in.
    does madden need a newer CFW?

thanks

15. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Yea, get 5.00 M33-6 (not sure if you can go from m33 to m33-6 directly, therefore I would use M33-2, 3, 4 and 5 too, been a while since I have done this) and then get Pandora-4 for M33-6.

16. porky75

porky75 Member

it don't bloody work will not load??????????????

17. Jetserz

Jetserz Member

Hey I know Im really really late at this but... Is there anything for 5.51 fw? If not how can I downgrade it to 5.03? Or is there something new for 5.51?

Ive been searching everywhere for a easy tut but this was the only easiest one but Im two years late... lol

Jetser

18. lukephipps

lukephipps Member

I'm having the same problem not working for me either, tried copying the whole chickHEN folder, just the PHAT ones everything still just freezes and restarts like yours.

19. wuirky

wuirky Member

i have a psp 6.10 and i dont know how to downgrade it to 5.03 ...
    please help me ....
    i have tried in youtube but coulndt find anything.....

20. nixv2708

nixv2708 Member

Please can someone tell me if i can downgrade my psp from v6.38 to v5.03???