1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GUIDE:Hack ANY Psp WITHOUT Pandora

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by PSPgamen, Jun 26, 2009.

1. PSPgamen

PSPgamen Regular member

you can't , trying it will probably brick your PSP .

At the moment PSP 3000 and PSP 2000 TA088v-3 can't be hacked without the HEN and the 5.03 fw.

2. Hedberg

Hedberg Member

First of I want to thank everyone here that helps out all of us.

I just got my PSP-3001 to replace my aging phat and I've got to 5.03 using ChickHEN and CFW to 5.03 M33-6. Is this the latest CFW for brites? I'd like to be able to use the PS Store if there is something stable available.

Also I stopped back at 4.00 M33 or whatever on my phat and I keep seeing stuff about Plugins. I haven't searched on them but is there someplace anyone can point me in to learn and get the must haves?

3. PSPgamen

PSPgamen Regular member

change your version.txt :

-In the XMB press Select and change USB Deivce to -> Flash 0.
    -Connect your PSP to the PC via USB .
    -Go to : removable disk ( letter ) / vsh / etc /
    -You should find there a 'version.txt' file. Open it and change 'release' version to something like 5.51 . Save the file and exit in the end.

that's all .

as for your PSP phat ,

Update to 5.0 M33-6.

Some must-have plugins : cwcheat ( cheat device )
    screenshotbmp ( take screenshots in-game and in XMB )
    music.prx ( listen to music in-game )

these are the plugins i like most . But hey , google is your best friend ! :D ( haha )

4. Hedberg

Hedberg Member

Sweet, I didn't find any of those in the nfos so that is a big help I will try it shortly.

I wasn't asking about the phat since mine has a really bad analog problem. Since you mentioned it though, I will update. Thanks for the advice, much helpful :)

5. C_Ronald0

C_Ronald0 Member

when i try to run CFWEnabler it says data is currupt. how do i fix this? I have psp 3000 and i got the chickhen update. i downloaded the cfwenabler 3.51 and copied it to PSP\GAME\ but when i try to open it, it says corrupt data

Also, when i check the size of the file in the PSP it says 64kb but when i check it on the computer its 1.42mb

6. PSPgamen

PSPgamen Regular member

something's wrong , this error shows up when you have official firmware, so I guess you didn't load the chickHEN succesfully . Follow the tut. again and don't forget to read the INTRODUCTION section .

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  7. Cybertick

Cybertick Guest

8. realrock

realrock Member

thanks pspgamen. I installed cfw successfully thanks to your guide..
    Tip for getting Chickhen to enable, I was unsuccessful for many many tries. Taking my battery out before starting my psp worked quickly and easily 2 times.
    btw, forgive my ignorance but what does XMB refer too.

9. PSPgamen

PSPgamen Regular member

XMB = Cross Media Bar

It's the PSP's interface , PSPs and PS3 have it :

[​IMG]

10. Hedberg

Hedberg Member

This didn't work I changed the first numbers to 5.51 and leaving the rest. Then only "release:5.51" but nothing. Can you copy paste what you have as now I don't even have the original text. Thanks if you can gamen.

I also tryed this:

go to XMB then click the CFEloader. Then go to config. change the version.txt, it should be look like this. version.txt -> enabled. Then go to change version. Change your version to 5.51

but when I try to connect I get a connection error. I can get to the net browser and my wifi is fine. so Idk. Thanks again.

11. PSPgamen

PSPgamen Regular member

hmm .. you sure it didn't work ? what do you mean by it exactly ?

I won't give you my version.txt line , it might be dangerous for you ( since you're editing an internal file, there's always a chance you may brick your PSP ) - so i don't wanna be held responsible for this.

anyway , I googled it and this is what you have to do for Custom firmware with HEN , change version.txt , here's a photo below showing what you have to change :

[​IMG]

also , what CFWEnabler did you use ?

12. Hedberg

Hedberg Member

I'm on CFWEnabler 3.50. That box you made is what I changed first, I changed it to 5.51, no joy on that. Then messing around, cleared it, and just put and no joy. (of course)

Then I google'd up the part about going into the CFWE options to enable txt and change version and I did that. (when I did that I forgot to enable txt.) What happens now is I chickHEN then go to CFWE and I get a Red "serious error" screen in all 13 languages.

So now I'm going to try to reload CFWE on my memstick to try to get back to CFW to try again...and that didn't help.

It was fine until I enabled txt (the txt just has release:5.51 in it. and I disabled a couple things like ignore 2 images or whatever that one was. So anyway I think Hellcat's Recovery might help, what do you think?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  13. Hedberg

Hedberg Member

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  14. PSPgamen

PSPgamen Regular member

so , you';re getting error when trying to install the cfwe ? strange . anyway the HEN method is always dangerous and unpredictable .

Reset your PSP , format memory stick ( save the useful data on your PC first ) Restore default settings, then try to install the chickHEN again , then the CFWEnabler ( use the last ver. , 3.51 )

goood luck !

15. Hedberg

Hedberg Member

Yes, sound advice. I will try that now. Thank you.

OK I backedup my stuff and formatted, loaded ChickHEN with the 5 eggs and CFWE 3.51 and put the 5.03 OFW eboot in the GAME/UPDATE folder just in case (wasn't sure if I needed it.)

ChickHEN still works fine, I can get to the CFWE 3.51 to run up to the Install screen only by holding R. When I hit Install I get that Red screen. (Can I just call that a RSOD now /cry)

The options I enabled while my version txt was changed like I posted before were:

Hide Pic0 and Pic1: Enabled
    Use version.txt: Enabled

Then I started getting the RSOD issue. So I'm trying to get into flash0 to check the version.txt first, if even possible. Or anything else I can try.

EDIT: I fixed it, I used GEN-A and was able to recovery mode at the RSoD. Once I disabled Use version.txt I turned off the PSP. That I just used chickHEN and CFWE 3.51 and now I have 5.03 GEN-A (Full)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  16. C_Ronald0

C_Ronald0 Member

Does anyone have any tips for getting chickHEN installed easily i've tried it about 20 times and it hasn't worked

17. Spunjbob

Spunjbob Member

ok well im back people...and i found out the best way to do this...i know its gonna sound but it works about 90-95% of the time...but it works...now i took the tips from the people that helped me on here as well as the tips from youtube...and i figured out a sure fire way...ok when you have the chickHEN on your psp...go to the photo folder...but dont open it...all youre doing is scrolling to it...then youre gonna press the X button literaly 10 times...once to open the folder... press it 8 times right after you press it...then press it one more time to officially get to your photo list...meaning...when you press X the first time there is a time of lag to open said folder...thats when you press the X button 8 times right before the chickHEN folder opens...then you press the X button once more to open it...then here is the tricky part...you have to make sure the pic highlighted is the tiff picture...so if its at the bottom of your list scroll down immediately after opening the chickHEN folder...now the problem with this is you have to it fast enough where you get the button presses in but not to actually open a picture...so its timing and speed...if it doesnt work the first time give it a couple more tries...but i swear it will work that way...ive done it to like 10 psp since my last posting...so good luck...

18. Spunjbob

Spunjbob Member

crap i forgot to mention...right before you do that button press thing...you have to restore the psp to default settings and turn off the cache and umd auto load...and if the option is there turn off the usb charge also...

19. sashy

sashy Member

I need your help! im having a problem and ive tried atleast ten times and it keeps happening. I get through chickhen and get that installed, then the problem comes when im trying to install the CFW. I run cfw, and it doesnt send it to the setup, where it says flash and start, instead it just restarts and takes me right back to the psp menu. then after about 5-10 seconds the screen starts shaking and the psp slows down ALOT and i have to do a full shutdown to return it to normal. whats my problem why wont the CFW run?????

20. Hedberg

Hedberg Member

What happens when you hold R and start CFWE? If nothing changes you might want to hard format your card and reload the latest stuff.