1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GUIDE:Hack ANY Psp WITHOUT Pandora

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by PSPgamen, Jun 26, 2009.

1. sashy

sashy Member

i just tried pressing R and it made the cfw actually open, but it still wasnt at the screen that said flash and start, this is the screen it takes me to,

Start
    Flash pops Modules
    Changelog
    Uninstall
    Exit

I press start and the same problem occured, where my psp screen starts shaking and it slows down.

2. Sudds

Sudds Active member

So you cant hack any PSP, change of thread title needed, incase someone plows on an decides to try an hack their 3000,s, without taking in the information contained within the thread.
    Nice guide...

3. Hedberg

Hedberg Member

Well actually Sudds if someone were to follow the guide willy-nilly or however you want to put it, they can't hurt their PSP. For those "unhackable" mobos and 3000s this is a partial hack that loads CFW onto RAM. PSPgamen does explain all of this in the introduction. Please read it again.

4. Hedberg

Hedberg Member

Well I'm not too sure as I've never seen that problem. If this is the first time you've attempted the chickHEN to CFWEnabler hack then try formatting on your PC (not quick format) then make sure chickHEN and CFWE are up to date before you reload them. Don't forget h.bin in the root. Also restore default settings on your PSP too.

If that doesn't work you might want to try chickHEN with GEN-A.

5. sashy

sashy Member

ok how do i format on my pc? and ive been trying gen-a and im ecountering a problem with it too. when i use the launch-me program nothing happens, the installer is not on my psp, and there are no new files on it. I found this download that was called "installer without exe.rar" and it said to put the files on your psp, and the psp read it as corrupted data, so i went into the files and put individual files on the psp, i made multiple attempts, and i get it to show up on the psp, but when i run the installer, instead of getting to the screen with the choises to flash by pressing l or r or reboot with o i get an error that says ms0:\files\systemctrl_03g.prx not found! aborting! and the psp restarts. i just want to get custom firmware!! im following everything the guides say, it works for everyone else, so why wont it work for me? i mean its not like there could be something special about my psp inparticular, ya know? please just help me figure this out!!!

6. Hedberg

Hedberg Member

Connect your PSP via USB mode or plug the memory stick into your PC. Open My Computer, Right click on the memory stick and hit format. Uncheck quick format and let it do it's thing. That will erase everything so backup what you need. When done reload the latest stuff from their zips or whatever. Start fresh and see if that doesn't get you some different results.

If these programs are spitting out error codes it's time to start to google them. If you find other boards with similar issues maybe register there and ask as well.

7. sashy

sashy Member

i did try googling the error, al, i found wass one other person with the same problem, and no answer

8. sashy

sashy Member

ok im formatting it now, ill tell you what happens, and do you want the h.bin file to be in the file "mp_root" on the psp, or do you want it on the main part of the psp, the screen your at when you first open the memory stick? cause when i put it in mp_root i cant get checkhen to run, but when its at the main part, i can get chickhen to run almost every try

9. sashy

sashy Member

dammit pspgamen! where are you when i need your help!! haha i just want this cfw so bad!! ughhhh

10. sashy

sashy Member

i formatted it, went through the entire process, and the problem still comes up!!! dammm, i should be using 3.51 right? you cant think of anything i could be doing wrong? oh and i got further this time, the sccreen thats say flash and start came, i did it, and when the psp screen comes back up the problem still occured

11. Hedberg

Hedberg Member

h.bin needs to be in the root of the memory stick, not in PSP. Did the reformat not help? Are you sure you're starting from 5.03 OFW? Try with a different pro duo stick?

12. sashy

sashy Member

ok, i know it doesnt need to be in psp, but you know the screen that has the folders (in this order)"MP_ROOT, music, picture, psp, and video" the very first screen your at when you click on your psp in my computer. do you want the .bin at that screen, or inside the MP_ROOT folder?

13. sashy

sashy Member

i do not have another stick to try from, and the format helped a bit i think, it got me to that flash and start screen, that wasnt happening until i formatted it

14. sashy

sashy Member

do you think i could buy a memory stick somewhere online that will already have cfw?? that'd be bad ass, im thinking about buying a pandora battery cause i dont wanna risk mine, would it be worth it?

15. Hedberg

Hedberg Member

No need to buy because you are loading the files on your stick(s). This method works without pandora. What psp model are you using?

16. sashy

sashy Member

i figured out my problem, from cfw's main screen, go to settings, cpu speed, and set them to max. problem solved

17. PSPgamen

PSPgamen Regular member

hey , glad you solved your problem . i've been a little busy these days, now im back to business ! :) feel free to ask questions and post your problems in here .

PSPgamen .

18. Sudds

Sudds Active member

I rest my case.

19. aelveon

aelveon Member

hi,

are there any memory sticks that don't work with the hacked psp, that would normally work with the unmodified psp?

i want to buy this memory stick but i'm afraid it won't work

extra info about memory sticks would be nice if you have it :)

20. Hedberg

Hedberg Member

Sandisks are fine, just try to avoid copies (fakes) from China. Mostly found on eBay. However that is pricey, if you need a cheaper site try newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820171311