1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GUIDE:Hack ANY Psp WITHOUT Pandora

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by PSPgamen, Jun 26, 2009.

1. itzjmoney

itzjmoney Member

i followed the directions exactly but for some reason when im in the hellcat's flasher it wont load my update modules...im working with the fat psp and the program keeps reading error80010002 loading/starting nand_updater.prx and so on...whats the problem?

2. dolemitsu

dolemitsu Regular member

I modded my friend's fat with no hitch whatsoever using the provided files... Strange, indeed. Email me at dan.brinkley@gmail.com. Perhaps I can talk you through it. The rom-flashing is the last part I would expect the issue to arise in.

3. mahdi8

mahdi8 Member

Thanks alot it worked. Only issues is I still can't run ISO even without the m33 or the other UMD driver. most of the game just freeze or stuck at loading :(

4. mahdi8

mahdi8 Member

Tried installing 5.50 gen B but still could run ISO :( anyone got the same issue?

5. dolemitsu

dolemitsu Regular member

mahdi8, try using UMD emulation. Some games need to spin a disc to make it seem like there's a disc in there. There should be an option for UMD emulation in the settings. Use a dummy disc when you're playing ISOs or CSOs. Make sure it's a game disc and not a video UMD

6. dickyrlc

dickyrlc Member

Hi, I have just followed the guide and as far as I can see it worked, I've got a 2000 with the dodgy motherboard my system info now reads 5.03 MHU, but when I've put a memory stick in with .cso game on it the psp is saying no game, i put the cso in psp/game folder, can anyone help me please?

7. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

Wrong folder!

ISO folder

8. dolemitsu

dolemitsu Regular member

And to even clarify on that, the ISO folder is on the root tier of the memstick. Easy stuff. Try not to overthink. :)

9. itzjmoney

itzjmoney Member

still not working....now i get a message the reads fatal error

10. mahdi8

mahdi8 Member

Turns out it's not the psp of CFW issue. my memory card was a bad fake and can't load ISO properly. just got an original one and it worked perfectly. Now it's running 5.50 GENB2 CFW.

11. Stevel024

Stevel024 Member

Hey, thank you so much for this great guide, it was really simple too! I was going to ask my friend to borrow his hacked PSP slim 2000 (which used to be mine lol I sold it to him for 100 bucks) so I could hack my new God of War psp but I read through your guide and am glad to say that it was a success! Thanks a lot!

12. sb306

sb306 Member

Just came across this site today trying to learn about homebrew and the psp. Ive been out of the psp loop for a couple years. This worked great though on my psp which had 3.95. Anyways, I just wanted to say thanks.

13. sharkyy

sharkyy Member

Hi dude wanted to ask u a question
    I have a PSP3001 orignal firmware 5.03, I have successfully installed chickHEN but when I am loading the CFW enabler on clicking FLASH and START it says "'TO PROCEED
    YOU NEED TO INSTALL CUSTOM FIRMWARE IN FLASH. DO YOU WISH TO CONTINUE -
    YES/NO'"
    I want to know should I go ahead as I do not want the PSP to go useless coz of messin with the flash
    reply plz

14. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

Yes these are the notes at the end of the installation instructions

- When you installed the custom firmware in your flash you can remove the "files" folder in the MS ROOT.
    For your own safety, is better that you rename or erase the prx called "flasher.prx" in the MAIN APP folder to
    avoid wrong flash times.

- If you shutdown the machine or the psp crash, you will need use again ChickHEN R2 to load the main app and press O
    to reboot in the custom firmware, but if you dont shutdown the machine you are in the custom firmware forever.

15. eddiejay1

eddiejay1 Member

16. eddiejay1

eddiejay1 Member

k when you go to the photo folder you will see the options flash at the bottom right side of the screen you have to hit the x real fast soon as you see it flash.then it will open the folder with the eggs in it soon as you see the options flash again hit the x and then wait and look at the hard drive light to see if it is flashing.If it is wait and then the screen will go green and be all messed up and then it will restart. then you have to go into the game folder and run CFWEnabler.once you run that you should see your games.It takes a few times to get used to it,(to hit the x at the right time.)If you do it a few times and it dont work go to system setting and do a restore default settings.and try again to you get it. I have the psp madden 2001 and works great.

17. dehbash

dehbash Member

Hi there

I am new to this, i mean in the very first post it keeps on saying "create a folder in PSP/GAME named UPDATE"
    well I just bought a new card and there is not folders in them!!

and when i go to "games" in my console psp2000 there is nothing in there.

do i need to create a folder called "PSP" then "Games" and create a folder within them??

do i need to maybe re-format the card?

please let me know

18. Hedberg

Hedberg Member

No, you can create the folders yourself on your computer. Make sure you mind the CAPS, they do matter. You'll be fine without formatting.

19. OFD23

OFD23 Member

I have original PSP firware version 6.00 installed on my slim 2001. I can not go back to version 5.03. When I try it says no need to update newer version is installed. The 5.03 version you have a link to does not work at all it shows a corrupt file when I try to open it.

I got the Chicken Hen installed from your link and I only show 8 photos in the folder instead of 19 which is shown on a youtube video. The 8th image which is called slim will not load. I have tried 50+ times. Is this because I have firmware version 6.00? If so is there any way to go back to firmware 5.03?

20. OFD23

OFD23 Member

You need to format the memory stick by installing it into your PSP.
    Go to settings.... system settings.... format memory stick

This will install all folders into your memory stick