1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GUIDE: HOW TO INSTALL PRIILOADER ON FWs 4.1 & 4.2 + AUTO-BOOT TO YOUR FAVE USB LOADER

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by pryme_H, Jan 12, 2010.

1. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The 4.2 guide has you patch IOS70 with DOP-IOS. So if you followed the guide IOS-70 should have already been patched to play VC/WiiWare games (So there shouldn't have been a need to patch it again (unless you didn't follow the guide all the way).

2. red_shed2

red_shed2 Member

Thats really strange as I distinctly remember patching IOS70......

I hope all of the other patches have worked in that case, I was very careful following the tutorial.

Anyways, no worries as I didn't brick it and it's installed...

Many, many, many, thanks!

Kev

3. red_shed2

red_shed2 Member

Update:....

I just softmodded my mates wii and followed the 4.2 guide to the letter and i know I PATCHED IOS70 but I still got the same error.

Same fix and no probs but just thought I would let you know.

Kev

4. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

You are better off posting that question on larry's guide. I'm sure you will get a response. I have provided a download link for patched IOS70 (WAD format) on this guide.

5. red_shed2

red_shed2 Member

Okay, I will post it in the other section and yes your patched IOS70 works a treat!!

Thought it might be useful for anyone reading this to make sure that they use your patched IOS70 and don't rely on the soft mod patched IOS (just my experience, no offence intended to the excellent soft mod guide ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to write the guide and answer questions....

Kev

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

This has nothing to do with a patched IOS70.

I have installed Priiloader (using the softmod patch and did not get a systems are corrupt error).

You have to be doing something out of order (as in patching an IOS that Priiloader uses after Priiloader has been installed). This is the reason you get the files are corrupt error.

The IOS70 Patch in this guide and patching IOS70 with DOP-IOS = same results. They both patch the trucha bug into the IOS.

7. tc154

tc154 Member

A couple of questions...

I got down to the backup NAND part of larrylje's softmod guide and thought maybe I should do the priiloader guide in case I screw things up. Should I complete his whole guide before I do the priiloader, or is it ok to do now?

Also, I tried to do the IOS70 part already so I could have SD support for running some games, but when it tried to overwrite the file it failed. It gave me an error. DId this screw up the current file and is there a way to get it to work?

8. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Yes. You can go ahead and follow this guide. A download link for patched IOS70 is provided in this guide as well. And for whatever it's worth, what error are you getting when trying to patched IOS70?

9. tc154

tc154 Member

My system is 4.2u, so I just tried the IOS70.

When I start WAD manager I choose to use IOS70.wad
    Then it asks me what file I want to (un)install. I choose the IOS70patched.wad (do i need to rename this to IOS70.wad?)
    Then I click to install.

It says:
    opening IOS70patched.wad.. please wait..OK!
    Installing WAD, please wait...
    Installing ticket...ERROR! (ret-2011)

Obviously it didn't work, but did it do anything, like screw up any files?
    Do I need to rename the file or anything? And, do I need to select to uninstall it and then install it after that? Sorry for the noob questions, but...alas... I'm a noob.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  10. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

You need not to rename anything. Install the WAD straightaway. It sounds that you don't have the Trucha Bug. Trucha Bug is needed to install a WAD file. Follow this guide until the cIOS38_rev14: section, then come back here.

11. tc154

tc154 Member

Well, I followed it down and stopped before the cIOS38_rev14 part, and got the same message. So I thought maybe you meant finish that part and stop so I did the cIOS38 part and still got the same message when I tried to install IOS70. Any ideas?

12. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Did you receive any error at all during the whole process?

13. tc154

tc154 Member

Well, I got anxious to do something so I finished the entire softmod guide except the last step... no errors the entire time. I thought I'd try to do the IOS70 install again and still got the same error. I can't figure out what might be going wrong.

It asks me to choose which IOS. I choose 70.
    It asks me which file I want to install or uninstall and I choose the new IOS70 I got off the link. THen I click to install it.
    That's when I get the error.

14. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Try the patched IOS70 (WAD format) on this guide. Install it using WAD Manager.

15. tc154

tc154 Member

Hmmm... unfortunately that's the one I'm trying to install. I even tried downloading it again and put it on a different SD card.

16. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Why are you choosing IOS70 when "It asks me to choose which IOS. I choose 70".

IOS70 is not patched yet so you can not use IOS70 to install WAD files. You need to choose IOS36 or IOS249.

Then choose the IOS70 patched WAD file to install.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  17. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Good catch larry! I didn't realize that's what he wad doing.

18. tc154

tc154 Member

Well, I had high hopes, but alas... using both IOS26 and IOS249 give me the same error. The only different is on 249 it asks me which NAND emulation device I'd like to use. I wasn't sure what to say, so I just clicked the disabled. But either way, I still get the error message.

19. tc154

tc154 Member

If I did the final step of larrie's guide, DOP-IOS, and did IOS70 there do I need to do it again here? Or am I being redundant

20. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

No you don't. You only need to install it once.