1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GUIDE: How to play GBA and SNES games on your PSP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by mrgooey, Jun 5, 2008.

1. mrgooey

mrgooey Regular member

I have no clue, try this

http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=116541

2. pred3

pred3 Regular member

great guide mr gooey i got it going. And ive been trying to get emulators to work every so often without result, i guess im just dumb

3. Andrew_H

Andrew_H Member

Great guide! I just read it over and its very simple/easy to use to me.

No time to try it today, but will do it tomorrow! Hopefully it works on CFW 4.01 M33-2 :D

Thanks a lot!!!

4. Bulak

Bulak Member

Hi. I am trying to follow your instructions to install the GBA emulator, but no luck. I keep getting an error saying that I need to find a bios.

Now I've tried about 3 or 4 different gba bios, but each gave me the same error. I have followed your guide with renaming the file "gba_bios.bin" and moving it on the gpSP folder on the GAME folder, even tried it on different folders like GAME150 and GAME380 as well, but I get the same result.

I've also tried other GBA emulators but they give me an error saying that the game could not be started.

I have a Slim PSP with 3.90 M33-3
    Any help would be appreciated, thanks for you time.

5. mrgooey

mrgooey Regular member

Sorry, but the bios isn't the correct one. You have to get a proper one. The gpSP folder should be put in the GAME at all times.

Does your PC show the full extension of files ? If not or you are not sure try renaming the bios with this "gba_bios".

6. Bulak

Bulak Member

Thank you for your help. I tried downloading a new copy of the bios and instead of renaming it "gba_bios.bin" I just left it as it was, "gba_bios" and placed it in the gpSP folder. It now works. Many thanks for the tutorial as well! :)

7. mrgooey

mrgooey Regular member

Welcome, and I hope you have a fun time with the gba emulator.

8. lafish

lafish Member

exellent guide...easy to do and works great...thanks a lot

9. armyman45

armyman45 Guest

how come this hasnt been stickied or added to thr ultimate sticky i mean this is an exceedingly helpful and easy to understand guide so it should be

10. tdogger

tdogger Guest

This is an awesome guide MrGooey. It worked first time. I think you should do one on how to play nintendo 64 games on your PSP.

11. bandit008

bandit008 Regular member

its pretty much the same concept...create a folder and name it the same as the emulator, place the emulator files inside the folder, drag the folder to appropriate directory in your psp (usually GAME150 folder), drop the ROMS inside the emulator folder within your psp, start the emulator, load the ROM and tada!

however, last time i checked (and this is maybe 1 yr ago), N64 emulation was horrible on the psp...lots of laggy plus not many games supported...

12. mrgooey

mrgooey Regular member

and ... that's why I aint going to put the N64 emu. It's kinda laggy still and it not going to get updated. Not to mention that it needs the 1.50 kernel which makes it hard for the slim users.

13. armyman45

armyman45 Guest

i was using visual boy to play kingdom hearts on my pc cause for some reason it would always bug out in the story at the very begining on my psp so then i saved it and it makes a sav file and i put it in the right folder on my psp but it doesnt even notice its there? what up with that?

14. mrgooey

mrgooey Regular member

This has already been answered. However, I would like someone to confirm if it works (and which one). So, I can put it on my guide.

15. armyman45

armyman45 Guest

yes it is compatible with (ive tryed visual boy advance savs) i tryed to rename something and thats why it didnt work like in the post of mine above but yes mr gooey you can put it in your guide for at least visual boy advance cause thats the only one ive been able to test

16. mrgooey

mrgooey Regular member

Thanks, armyman45 . That can really help the community

17. armyman45

armyman45 Guest

yay community!!!!! lol by the way i love your new arbiter sig pic its sweeeet

18. sakuke

sakuke Member

Just one question this time :p How do I load it. Will it be loaded normally or do I access the menu and choose 'load save state' or something like that..? thnx!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  19. CdBaker

CdBaker Member

This is rad but just wanna say... Gba/SNES roms arent illegal as long as you own the actual games. That goes for roms of all systems. But yeah bios' are definatley illegal... so dont get caught! Check my home page for some roms, the site listed has evert gba release (all of them) and a great selection of snes games as well. it also has games from many other systems. Enjoy!

20. aa_rox

aa_rox Member

hey I need a little help I got the gpSP but every time I start a game the system hangs and goes off i have tried 3 different emus and 4 bios but none work please help. I have a psp slim 2004 running 5.00 m33-4.