1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GUIDE: How to play GBA and SNES games on your PSP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by mrgooey, Jun 5, 2008.

1. katgar060

katgar060 Guest

is this working on 5.00 m33-4? (FAT) thanx

2. ray456

ray456 Guest

i could not get the gpsp to run when i try it on my psp it says the game could not be started(80020148) please help

3. Luciora

Luciora Member

Hi. I just got both gba and SNES working on my psp slim with 5.00 M33-6 using this guide. my only question is this: I went to change my kernel to 3.XX but when I try to change it from 5.XX there's only one other option for 1.50. Is there somewhere I can get a 3.XX? Both games I've been trying to play run a little sluggish sometimes and I'm wondering if the kernel would help.

Also, totally unrelated, but if someone could run me through how to get pepviewer to work on my psp that would be great. I run through the readme and it keeps saying game cannot start and then it says there's corrupted data.

4. silent714

silent714 Regular member

change the fps in the menu of the emulators. Try to tinker with it until it works. Not all games run at the same speed so you will need to change the fps some times.

3.xx is for custom firmware 3.xx that is why it is not an option in your recovery menu.

I don't know what pep viewer is but make sure it is compatible with the psp slim and it should work in the game folder.

5. tomriddle

tomriddle Guest

6. tomriddle

tomriddle Guest

ok i finally got the snes emulator on my psp but everytime i open it,it say's THE GAME COULD NOT BE STARTED.(80020148) and i dont know what to do pls help ive been trying to get snes games on my psp for like 5 day's straight.

7. silent714

silent714 Regular member

1st be sure you have custom firmware.
    2nd make sure you have the emulator in the game folder.

8. tomriddle

tomriddle Guest

i just started tryin to do all this so i dont know what custom firmware is or how to get it id like to put some snes games on my psp and thing's like ff7 ff8 ff9 chrono cross and a few other psx titles.and i have it so i can see the snes controller on my memory stick is just keep's telling me the game could not be started.

9. katgar060

katgar060 Guest

@tomriddle: go and read some guides to know what a CFW is. -.-

10. MeanReds

MeanReds Member

everytime i put a .GBA in my gpsp folder in the roms section it comes up saying your psp crashed and I have a psp 3000 hen so what do I do now?

11. tommyd13

tommyd13 Regular member

OK, edited this. Got the files needed, only problem now is the kernel. When i switch it, I only have 1.5 and 5.00, I assume I need to DL the rest of the kernels...? from where? I have MUX2.0, but when i go into run the updates, I don't think it does anything but sit there and flash the orange light at me real fast and does so for a few minutes. I know it didn't take that long to do the cfw that way in the first place...

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  12. tommyd13

tommyd13 Regular member

From more reading, I have CFW 5.00(listed as kernel in recovery mode) so I should be able to play this emulator. I have a game as an smc file in his folder: F:\PSP\GAME\snes9xTYL\ROMS

When I go to my GAME menu on PSP, there is a bunch of corrupted files. What am I missing? There is no SNES emu, and I've tried this all week to no avail. Over and over. It's all copy/paste really, so i don't know what I'm not doing right. Any help?

FORGIVE THE POSTINGS-ONE MORE TIME WAS THE TICKET!! It's working all of a sudden. WOOHOO!!!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  13. wnstv

wnstv Newbie

Newbie here who is looking for a possibility to run original homebrew ROMs such as found at this GBA ROM pack. I am talking about legal ROMs and I want them to run on my Windows 7 Ultimate. Which emulator do I need? Are there any video tutorials regarding that explain the steps?