1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide on how to use Gameshark 2 V1/2 and V3 codes using EA method(fliptop/slide) with your backups

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Hanedrick, Jun 4, 2004.

1. pgmuer

pgmuer Member

How can i tell what version of gameshark i have? i only got the disc and the memory slot thingy, bought it off e-bay, but it seems to work, although i'm not sure how to get backed up games to wrok

2. Jakis

Jakis Member

ok. so ive been playing Need For Speed Underground 2 lately and I decided I wanted to use Gameshark codes for it. I have a Slim PS2 with fliptop, TOC Swap Magic 3.6 Plus DVD Rom Driver and CD Rom Driver, Gameshark 2 V.4 backup, Need For Speed Underground 2 backup, and cdLoader backup. I've tried all methods up towards the top in this thread but none of them seem to work. This is as far as I can get; I select my Gameshark codes and select start game, then I swap the Gameshark with the Swap Magic Cd Rom Driver, then I swap the swap magic with the cdLoader, but the cdLoader doesn't come up it just goes to the PS2 browser screen where it shows your memory cards. Then the red screen comes up saying "Please insert a Playstation or Playstation 2 Format Disc." I'm stumped, any help would be greatly appreciated, because Its really bothering me. Thanks

3. pgmuer

pgmuer Member

ok, for those of you who have a gameshark 2, and copied games, this is how you play them without moding your ps2, or even opening them up to swap out your game or even using one of those hook things to open the cd drawer.(I've only tested this with what I have, which is a V5-V6 ps2 and a gameshark 2 either v3 or v4, and an original copy of GTA vice city, and two back uped games, splinter cell pandora tomorrow, and Star wars 3 - revenge of the sith, both of those games i borrowed and made one to one copies using DVD decrypter)

Anyway, here's what you do -
    first off, know that you can start up your ps2 in different ways by doing this. when you first turn on the switch, and the reset button light is red, that's on stand-by (duh), and when you press the reset button, your ps2 turns on, but when you press and hold down the reset button till it starts flashing colors in patterns, then what ever pattern you want it to start in(meaning what format) that's when you let go, and it will restart in that format.

so, for step one, make sure your gameshark disc is in the ps2.(and also have an original game and the copied game on hand ready to switch them out)

step two, press and hold down the reset button till both reset and eject lights are flashing the blue and green lights, if you watch them, you'll see what i'm talking about. let go at this time, and then your gameshark disc will start to reload cause it restart, but now you'll notice that after you let go and it restart, the buttons are still flashing the green and blue lights(which is good)

step three, get ready cause when the main menu for gameshark pops up, and the cd stops, your ps2 will automatically eject without pressing the eject button(amazing i know) and you'll have about three to five seconds to take out the gameshark cd(dvd whatever) and put in an original store bought game.

step four, it will automatically pull the tray back in after those five seconds or so(DON'T PRESS EJECT) and then after it loads, (for me gameshark also automatically selected start game without codes) it will automatically eject again at which you hurry up and put in your copied game

step five, let the game go in(by it's self) and then bam. your playing whatever game you copied. as simple as that

NOTE - you should NEVER have to press the eject button throughout this process, i don't know what would happen if you did but, i just figured out about the starting up in different modes today and i had to tell somebody.

Another note - The ps2 i have, i got off ebay, so i'm not sure if it has been tampered with before i got it, so i'm going to go do some test at some friends houses tomorrow to see if it works on theirs also.

Have any questions(from here on out it's backwords), uoy nac liam-e em ta moc.liamtoh@ze_vi_2h

and i'll try to reply to everyones questions.

4. tubacuba

tubacuba Regular member

i have a ps2 version scph-39001 7/8..i want to use cheats on a backup of battlefield 2 using swap magic 3.6..my ps2 doesnt support cds so i cant burn cue files..can someone send me links to where i can download gameshark dvd version and dvd loader please.also brief instructions please..thank you

5. pgmuer

pgmuer Member

Opps, i was wrong about starting ps2's up by holding down the reset button, That only works with my ps2, well my old one that my old roomate now has, i've gotten a new one and swap magic.

6. Himom28

Himom28 Member

Well if anyone can help me i am using a gameshark 2 v5 and i am trying to boot a backup DVD that i have.so ok i start up my Gameshark 2 then when i go to the with codes or without codes screen i swap my gs disk with my backup and after i press X the disk try automatically ejects.is there a certin way to do it on the v5 GS cause i dont know it.

I have...
    Slide tool
    Gameshark2 v5
    Ps2 first moudles

Plz help me

Last edited: Dec 2, 2006
  7. danito

danito Member

um hi i got a gameshark for gameboy advanced and i dont know hot to work it.

8. babyboy88

babyboy88 Member

so is there any way u can use the gameshark with a back up game without having the original game

9. dtgodmage

dtgodmage Member

can someone explain why a save that i tranfser from my max drive to my memory card useing gameshark 2 v1.2 the save don't load when i start the game all i see is a gameshark icon in memory card browser too what am i doing wrong i've tried zipping the file

10. animewann

animewann Guest

i dont know all i do know is it does the samething as you hey do you know how to add a game successively and add cheats

11. Painlandx

Painlandx Guest

yes there is a way to play gameshark backup without the original or modded ps2. im using ps2 slim v12, and i use and ps1 black disk to boot the gameshark v2.

12. Razal

Razal Guest

Painlandx, could you please explain to me exactly how you've accomplished this?

13. Painlandx

Painlandx Guest

ok Razal let me explain

i'm this should work you if you have a ps2 that can has a flip top or something like that you can do it the way i did.
    just insert a ps1 original game and press the reset button and wait until the console read the cade on the cd. then just swap it with the gameshark v2 copy.
    i don't no if it is legal to do this in your country but yeah i don't really care nor take responsibility if you end up damaging you ps2. attempt at you own risk i have booted up the cd a couple of times an it works every time. i also heard you should use quality cd-r's to make your copys such as vertamin, sony, tdk and so on but if you have any further questions you can im me at:
    shane0_is@hotmail.com
    and yes my ps2 is does not have a mod chip nor swap magic.

14. Painlandx

Painlandx Guest

ok Razal let me explain

i'm this should work you if you have a ps2 that can has a flip top or something like that you can do it the way i did.
    just insert a ps1 original game and press the reset button and wait until the console read the cade on the cd. then just swap it with the gameshark v2 copy.
    i don't no if it is legal to do this in your country but yeah i don't really care nor take responsibility if you end up damaging you ps2. attempt at you own risk i have booted up the cd a couple of times an it works every time. i also heard you should use quality cd-r's to make your copys such as vertamin, sony, tdk and so on but if you have any further questions you can im me at:
    shane0_is@hotmail.com
    and yes my ps2 is does not have a mod chip nor swap magic.

15. wolf123

wolf123 Regular member

Really need help in finding instructions on how to input more then one string of numbers in one code.

not for ps2

playstation 1 gameshark version 4.0.
    sorry just havent used it in a while and forgot.

or if you can direct me too the place or if someone still has them in there head type them down sorry I know wrong thread.

16. waterdude

waterdude Member

Wait hold on i'm confused I have a playstation 2 and gameshark 2 version 3 and final fantasy XII (12) shouldnt that be enough to get the codes to work? whats all this i'm reading about magic disks? Any help plz