1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GUIDE: PUT YOUR PS3 IN A DMZ

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by NinReznor, Jan 5, 2008.

1. alecdesantis

alecdesantis Member

Linksys WRT54G
    PS3

I set up my PS3 to have a static IP and I've put the PS3's IP address into DMZ on the router. I can access the internet and play Black Ops with it. I have turned off uPNP on PS3 and router.

It is reading as NAT 2 through the PS3 and Moderate NAT through Black Ops.

I had it set up and it was reading as an Open NAT, then I had to reset my router to its factory settings and since then I cannot get it to go back to having an open NAT on Black Ops.

Any suggestions?

2. alecdesantis

alecdesantis Member

Update: I reset my PS3 to factory settings last night and input all the network info again. I then had my Open NAT in Black Ops.

Today, I start it up and I'm back to Moderate. Nothing has changed hardware wise. Grrr.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  3. alecdesantis

alecdesantis Member

Update 2: I reset the router and it changed to open. Fast forward a day later - I start up my PS3 and it's Moderate so I unplug the router and it's still moderate. I just don't get it.

4. frankiemax

frankiemax Member

Hi,

I love a bit of online gaming with my PS3 though when there are other people around the house with their laptops on it steals my signal and results in terrible lagging etc. I heard that changing ur ps3 ip address to static one sorted this out so followed the instructions for the PS3 but on the pc part I cant get anywere??

Changing the ps3 settings was easy and i'm able to get online again but the signal still goes bad when someone is using a laptop near me

Any usual solutions would be greatly appreaciated

5. alecdesantis

alecdesantis Member

Update 3: If I start up the PS3 and go to play Black Ops, I will always get Moderate NAT. The only way to get Open NAT is by closing out of the game and restarting the router.

6. JoeTohme

JoeTohme Member

Hey, i have a modem internet router, and a NetGear wirless, i added port forwarding or triggering,its not working, then i added the Dmz, its still not working, my Upnp is enabled, i am a DSL user btw :( my modem router dont have DMZ, but my Netgear wirless has it, so i added the dmz in the netgear and for the modem i assigned ip public to the wirless, but still im on Nat type 3, i want to go Nat Type 2, i phoned my ISP, honestly they are stupid and they are not helping me.
    my question is should i delete the port forwarding and port triggering to be able to make the Dmz works?
    plz email me on joetohme@hotmail.com, i really need your help because my nat type is 3 and i have a huge latency bcuz of traffic ports since im a 512kpb/s user , ps. for those who will tell me to get a better connection,well i live in Lebanon Beirut city, and we do not have the 3G yet ! it sucks ! so DSL is the best internet choice ever plus it is very expensive and always limited ! 4 gb per month download and 4gb upload per month for 44 $ i re-charge twice per month !

7. mahdi_ice

mahdi_ice Member

I did all the above mention things and still stuck at NAT 2. I am using Gigaset SX682 wimax modem with Tplink(TL-WR340GD)router. i got Upnp is not available on ps3 while in the router I turned the option on. What should i do now?

8. Dmunny

Dmunny Member

I could not enable a DMZ but I bridged my router which set my NAT Type to 1 on my ps3,but when I do so it doesn't allow me to use the Internet on my computer. I am using wired, I have DSL, and an Intellinet router. Can anybody help me???

9. armand127

armand127 Member

whenever i play bC2 i always get disconnected every 5 minutes. probably because its NAT 3, ive tried everything, but nothing works.

10. MightyKC

MightyKC Member

If your router supports it, its much easier to just add it to find the MAC address of the PS3 and add it to the DMZ that way. Took 2 seconds, and no need to configure a static IP address.

11. Towns1990

Towns1990 Member

Great description - everything works up until the point when I write the ip adress for the DMZ server into my pc, it comes up with the error that "the dmz server should be on the same subnet with LAN interface" I have a netgear WNR2000. Help would be much appreciated.

12. pedruhsan

pedruhsan Member

hi
    i cant choose my ps3 to dmz
    i only can choose my pc.....someone can help me?
    i want to open my nat,because is strict in modern warfare 3.....but cant choose ps3 to dmz

13. felixen21

felixen21 Regular member

Hi,

Cool guide, but it keeps saying error in the IP test when testing the connection.

Im thinking maybe I put the wrong ip in there. I used some website to automatically check my IP on the computer. How do I find the default IP on a Mac? The commands doesnt work in the Macs Terminal

Edit: I found it. It's ifconfig on Mac. However I don't think my router supports DMZ, at least I can't find it anywhere. It's a Thomson TG712

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  14. SkipperNate

SkipperNate Member

I am also getting the DNS error 80710102 when I follow your exact steps. I went back and retried without UPNP and it didn't work. I also tried to do what you said on easy to get the settings and then I went back and entered the settings I found manually and I got the same error. Any ideas on why I am getting this error?? It says I successfully obtain the IP address but I fail with the internet connection. Please help this getting signed out bull really causes me strife!

15. SkipperNate

SkipperNate Member

I am getting error code 80710102. I did exactly as you said but it won't connect to the internet just to the router. Please try and help me this getting disconnected bull really causes me a lot of strife.

16. BigBoi1337

BigBoi1337 Member

I have Netgear WNR1000v3, Broadband connection.. I have tryed your steps (Which are very deatiled thx) And may others including several tutorials over youtube. I just can't seem to get my NAT type away from 3. I was hoping you could maybe assist me 1 on 1 or EVEN remotely access my comp and do what needs to be done, I don't mind providing you with all the needed info while doing so I have nothing to hide. By the way my computer is a MAC

17. Rustyy1

Rustyy1 Member

enabling DMZ opened my NAT on my xbox, but when i do so i cant use the internet on any of my PC's. Is there a way to fix this?

18. bladask

bladask Member

I can't find DMZ in my router, what should I do?

19. williamsen786

williamsen786 Member

Hi, I am looking to buy a PS3 VPN[/url] connection but don’t know what service should I choose for my work. I want to download songs from other country like UK and Australia but they restrict the zone by only their home users. I know ps3 vpn can make it visible in there and think I am from their country. So anyone has suggestion for me.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  20. GOD-J-MAC

GOD-J-MAC Member

hi i have a new technicolor modem with wireless adsl 2 i cant find the dmz any help would be greatly appreciated