1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GUIDE: PUT YOUR PS3 IN A DMZ

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by NinReznor, Jan 5, 2008.

1. coyotehac

coyotehac Member

ok so i followed the instructions and i put in my ps3's new ip address and the dns and such. Im still nat 3 and i dont understand why. Please help

2. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

Funny you say that. I just had a baby boy also. He will be 2 months old on August 5th.

3. supertape

supertape Guest

Maybe if everyone who is having a problem with "putting there PS3 in a DMZ" tells us what routers they are using we can help them a little better. I know on my Linksys Wrtg54 that you have a spot where you can put in the exact IP of your ps3 to put it in a DMZ. Make sure that your other computer(s) aren't being put in a DMZ. To check your computers IP. Type "cmd" in the run box on your computer. When in dos type "ipconfig". Then scroll down to see you computers IP address. Make sure the IP address on your computer is NOT the one you put in a DMZ on your router. Then go back to your PS3 and get your IP from there. That is the one you should be using on the DMZ page of your router. If it is not then that is your problem. Insert your PS3 IP there and you should be fine. MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT HAVE CONFLICTING IP"S or this will not work!!!
    I really hope this helps because I know how much of a pain in the butt not having your ps3 in a dmz is. It sucks!!.. Now that my PS3 is in a DMZ I have not gotten kicked off of PSN network ONCE! And all my online games play flawlessly, with a wireless network!! WOO HOO! Good luck all.

4. NinReznor

NinReznor Regular member

congratulations zero, mines 5 months now so hes going to sleep for longer so ill be on here a bit more.

on topic though, anyone in the uk with a BT homehub wont be able to put your ps3 in a dmz, as there is no option for it.

5. cookeg04

cookeg04 Member

Great thread!

I did all the steps you mentioned and now I cant get connected online on my PS3. I have a D-Link WBR-1310. If you need any other info let me know. I am sick of being kicked off the internet while on my PS3 and really need NAT Type 2!

Edit: I get a DNS server issue after I do all the steps above. I put in the following numbers in the DNS servers on PS3 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.3 and it didnt work!

Thanks in advance.....

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  6. supertape

supertape Guest

Do you know how to go into your routers settings and choose a DMZ? Make sure you put your PS3's IP address in and click enable. Don't forget to hit save! Those servers do work. I am online everyday with them. PM me if you want my email for more help. :)
    P.S. I haven't gotten booted from the network since I put my ps3 in a dmz :)

7. Slaydawg

Slaydawg Member

I have followed these instructions and im still getting errors when trying to open my video folders.I can see all the folders but when i get to the one that contains my movies i click to open it and it thinks for a while then still gives me that protocol error.

My router is a netgear RP614v4
    Firmware Version V1.0.1_11.29

Would love some help if someone knows what to do.

8. fkwyman

fkwyman Member

Just a little tip here for those of you having trouble getting NAT Type 2 with these instructions. While they're more than adequate they don't account for the fact that many users may be using a DSL/Cable modem that has a built in router, and then connecting another router to that one for wireless capabilities. This puts you in a double NAT situation, and you'll never get NAT Type 2 on your PS3.

If this is the case with your situation, you'll need remove your router from your network, put your modem in bridge mode, reinstall your router and then follow these instructions.

9. fkwyman

fkwyman Member

No edit option? Oops.. there it is, silly me..

Forgot to add..

If you're router doesn't have a DMZ, forward these ports:
    TCP: 80, 443, 5223
    UDP: 5223, 3478, 3479, 3658

If you're looking to Remote Play over the internet forward this port:
    TCP: 9293

For DNS errors, you can check your routers status page to see what DNS servers it is using.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  10. Slaydawg

Slaydawg Member

Bloody frustrating.

Just to see what would happen i checked to see if my brothers pc(which is also connected to my router) worked i went to his wmp 11 clicked to share with the ps3 and bang i can see and play his music files without fault all the time but still can not play mine.

Also i can play tiger woods 09 with people from usa and uk (im in australia btw) but when i try to connect to any of my mates games in aus none of our stats will update so therefore no play.

I'll admit im not very smart about these type of things but ive followed the instructions and nothing.

P.s. brb throwing my brand new ps3 out the window

p.p.s its firmware 2.42 if that helps

11. xRanakx

xRanakx Member

This guide is amazing I may say. but Im still having a problem. My NAT type always ends up failing. I've tried every method mentioned on this thread. Nothing.

I have an Engenius ESR-1220 Wireless router, Ive tried turning all of the DNS server suggestions, Ive tried port filtering, Ive tried setting my PS3 to a DMZ as well, None of this has worked.

Everything checks out besides my NAT type. Does it just take a REALLY long time to update the settings? or what's going on? Its really beginning to frustrate me to no end, and i need help!

Thanks in advance to anyone who may have a suggestion. Im willing to try anything at this point...

12. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

You probably need a different router. Linksys, Netgear or D-Link would be your best bet in order from #1-#3.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  13. xRanakx

xRanakx Member

Thanks alot. I was scared to hear that cause i knew it was a possibility but i just didn't want to dish out the cash. but i may have to in the end.

14. supertape

supertape Guest

you can get a linksys router for dirt cheap wrtg54v2 works great

15. xRanakx

xRanakx Member

awesome! thanks for the suggestion, Ill look into it :) thanks again

16. Cytosol

Cytosol Member

Unfortunately this doesn't fix my problems, but if my problem was port related i'm sure it would have fixed it! Thanks for the great guide nonetheless.

17. joebob296

joebob296 Guest

I have followed the above instructions for setting my ps3 to dmz and now when I test the internet connection it says "An error occurred during communication with a server this is a DNS server" any ideas on how to fix this erroe?

18. Trixstar

Trixstar Member

Im reallly stuck at one point.I very hope you can help

I have a problem that if i put the "Assign the public IP address of a connection to a device." That means i want to DMZ it says there's like no compatible connection found and I can't apply or edit anything??Can you help?

19. squizluke

squizluke Regular member

I've been trying for weeks to get connected. With your your help i had it going after a few mins. THANK YOU.

20. simpson02

simpson02 Member

Hello, the guide was awesome and very easy to follow! Unfortunately it didn't work for me, and I was wondering if the fact that I live on a college campus would be the reason. I have the Dynex WGRTR. I've tried DMZ'ing, I've tried opening up all the ports and nothing helps. It really gets frusturating trying to join friends' parties!

Thanks in advance.