1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide - Run Homebrew on v1.50 PSP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by triplebud, Jul 19, 2005.

1. brian_jai

brian_jai Member

Thanks evnflow for your help. It's hard to find a helping hand on the net to ask questions about this. Finally I can play iso games on my PSP. But how can I place a picture on the background? The picture files are all .PNB files, can I open the picture file and save it as a .BMP file? (24-bit)

2. pspfreek

pspfreek Member

Hi!
    I have a problem: I'm going to a field trip with my class next week. I tried to put nfsur on my psp, and run it with fastloader 7, I dunno if it's the newest, or if they came out with a newer... I putted a umd (metalgearacid and death jr.) and it didn't work with either of them. with mga it turned the game on (mga) and with death jr. it just turned off. I unpacked the rar files into the ISO file, i dunno if it's correct or not.
    PLS help!

3. sam151276

sam151276 Member

same thing happened to me with twisted metal. I tried to load nfsug and it just starts the umd in the drive?

dont know what i did wrong

4. sam151276

sam151276 Member

ok got it now:)

i put the iso , iso misc etc in the F:/psp folder instead of the F:/ folder.

got it all working now:)

5. evnflow

evnflow Guest

for psp backgrounds checkout this link: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/216018

@brian_jai...yeah you can save it as a .BMP file and use it..just check out the link above to make sure you are within the specs for the pic and everything...

@pspfreek.. do you mean you put the iso in the "ISO" folder? and placed the "ISO" folder on your ROOT directory(first window that pops up when plug the psp into the comp), and put the "fastloader" and "fastloader%" in the PSP\GAME directory, right? also Death Jr. will not load...for right now anyways...metal gear will work...good luck, holla ;)

6. drakon3rd

drakon3rd Member

hey guys i got 2 files one is untold legend and other one is coded arms and i think coded arms is isoz but dunno about the untold anyways when i put coded arms in the main dic. it didnt work or dunno what im doin. also i got fastloader v.7. also how do i tell if its a iso file or not? and about the iso folder where do i find one or do i have to create one? cause i looked the dictory and didnt find any in the memory stick. so plz let me what to do or i should use the fastloader v.6a cause on v.7 when my umd is it the driver it doesnt tell me to take it out when i take it out nothin in v.7 would show up like no iso found at least in v.6a it says that evnflow i want u to check out my untold leg if u can see if it iso'ded or not plz help i cant tell what is iso and shit thanks

7. evnflow

evnflow Guest

@drakon3rd...hello and welcome...on those files you have you can check them by right clicking on them and selecting "properties", this will tell you what type of file it is...if it is an ISO file then you are going to need to put it in the "ISO" folder that you got with fastloader...make sure you placed this folder on your Root Directory(first window that pops up when plugging in your psp)..and have the other two remaining folders, "fastloader" and "fastloader%" in the PSP\GAME directory(to get to this directory- double click on the PSP folder then double click on the GAME folder...)if you have any trouble finding fastloader...hate to do this again but you can get it from the link in my sig or google it...when downloading Fastloader, you should have gotten 3 folders: "ISO", "Fastloader", and "Fastloader%"...easiest way to work with this is to extract all of those folders to your desktop and place them in their designated spots...also write back and let me know what type of file you have if it isn't an iso file..from the sound of it, it sounds like it is an ISO file or a save file...check back around lunch tomorrow...good luck, holla ;)

8. pspfreek

pspfreek Member

I did the same thing u told me 2 do, but it still will just start the game in the umd drive! PLS HELP!!! I need this 4 tomorrow!

9. evnflow

evnflow Guest

@pspfreek...you are going to the memory card icon(icon under the umd icon) on the psp and selecting the smiley face icon for fastloader right?

10. pspfreek

pspfreek Member

11. evilchan

evilchan Member

Hi,I have a psp which is version 1.00 and i have downloaded the fastloader 6.0b and im trying to put virtual tennis onto my psp,and im confused on what files to put on the mem card and where to put them?They are bin files.And there are around 5 folders with differn't files in them,

Really hope some one can break down what to do to get this game and others working,And im sure i can repay some good info back,Thanks

12. evnflow

evnflow Guest

@pspfreek...sorry to have you do this man...but tell me EXACTLY where you have the "ISO" folder(with the iso image file in it), the Fastloader and Fastloader% folders, thanks...plus when you go to the memory icon and click on the smiley face..it is going to the psp white screen that fades out to the fastloader screen and and says "remove UMD"...you are removing the umd and the window should show the ISO's name(i.e. MVP.iso), and then clicking x, and it should say "Please Insert any Umd"..then once you put the umd in it should say "Initializing" and begin the iso that is in the folder...good luck and let me know about everything...

@evilchan..i have to go right now but i will be back with some info for you sorry...in a hurry... ;)

13. pspfreek

pspfreek Member

I'll try it tomorrow i'm going 2 sleep (I live in Europe), i put it in da iso folder, but i first unpack it.... When it loads the fastloader, it saays to put a umd in not take out! but it's initalizing...
    Good night, i'll check the massage board tomorrow.

14. brian_jai

brian_jai Member

@evilchan
    Im not sure, but I heard that Virtua Tennis only runs on an 2.0 firmware. My brother works at a games/pc etc shop, and he tried to play a Virtua Tennis on his 1.5 and his colleagues said that.

Dont know IF it is possible to run this game on an older psp version than the 2.0
    Maybe evnflow knows an answer

15. sam151276

sam151276 Member

I have virtua tennis playing on my psp 1.5 with fastloader 0.7

The file format i have is an iso

works.... no problem

Last edited: Sep 3, 2005
  16. evnflow

evnflow Guest

i also have virtua tennis playing on my 1.50...
    @pspfreek...sorry man i'm trying to get you answer so you can take it with you..you may want to use Fastloader V0.5d instead...i find less problems with it...also try starting up the psp let it load to the main menu of the system...then put a umd in the drive slot, close the slot...go to the mem icon, select the smiley face for fastloader...and try it...like i said you may want to try it Fastloader V0.5d...good luck, holla ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2005
  17. drakon3rd

drakon3rd Member

@evnflow yo i look at the the files of the 2 games i have on the comp(unotld legend and coded arms) i checked out the propeties and found non were isoz but dunno why some ppl said it was iso(but its the whole game file) is there anyway to make them iso file or something if there is plz let me know ill check back soon bye

18. evnflow

evnflow Guest

@drakon3rd...what are the files you are getting for the games?

19. pspfreek

pspfreek Member

It's Initalizing 4 like 5 minutes... and still nothing happens, i putted the iso in the ISO which is located in: I/PSP/GAME/ISO/f1.iso
    am i douing something wrong?

20. evnflow

evnflow Guest

@pspfreek...leave the iso in that ISO folder...then move that ISO folder(the one with the iso in it) to the directory that has the PSP folder on it...once done, whenever you unplug the usb cable from the psp and put it back in and the first window pops up you should have these folders on that first screen: "PSP" and "ISO"...