1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide - Run Homebrew on v1.50 PSP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by triplebud, Jul 19, 2005.

1. pspfreek

pspfreek Member

could u pls make urself more clear? sry, my english isn;t that good

2. pspfreek

pspfreek Member

I got it THX!!!!!!! But what if it's not iso format? can i do iso from it? like of it;s dtr... or something else

3. evnflow

evnflow Guest

what type do you mean? if it is "PSP_GAME" folder and the "UMD_DATA.BIN" file then yes you can convert it...glad to hear you got it working...let
    me know if you need anymore help...good luck, holla ;)

4. drakon3rd

drakon3rd Member

@evnflow yo i dl the game files and in the untold legend these stuff is in it.
    untold legend/psp_game/sysdir/update/data(its a .bin file)
    untold legend/psp_game/sysdir/update/eboot(.bin file)
    untold legend/psp_game/sysdir/update/param.sfo(.sfo file)
    untold legend/psp_game/sysdir/boot(.bin file)
    untold legend/psp_game/sysdir/eboot(.bin file)
    untold legend/psp_game/usrdir/kmodule(in it. it has 9 .prx files)
    untold legend/psp_game/usrdir/locale(it has 30 .dat files)
    untold legend/psp_game/usrdir/module(it has 27 .prx files)
    untold legend/psp_game/usrdir/res/game_db(when i check tpye of file it just says file)
    untold legend/psp_game/usrdir/res/game_db_t4(just says file)
    untold legend/psp_game/usrdir/res(it has 2 .rsc)
    untold legend/psp_game/usrdir/resource.wad(.wad file)
    untold legend/psp_game/icon0(.png file)
    untold legend/psp_game/param.sfo(.sfo file)
    untold legend/psp_game/pic1(.png file)

those are the files that i got in my untold legend folder so if u got a clue how to make them in iso or something plz let me know iight thanks man u know alot about this stuff hopefully u can help
    thanks again.

5. evnflow

evnflow Guest

make an empty folder named "PSP_GAME" and and in THAT folder make two more empty folders "SYSDIR" and "USRDIR"...here is a list of where they should go...
    [bold]PSP_GAME[/bold]:
    place the following in this folder:
    "SYSDIR" folder, "USRDIR" folder, "ICON0", "PARAM.SFO"

[bold]SYSDIR[/bold]:
    just place the "EBOOT.BIN" and "BOOT.BIN" files in this folder

[bold]USRDIR[/bold]:
    you are going to need to make some empty folders to put in this folder name them: kmodule, module, res
    in the kmodule folder put the following files:
    audiocodec.wmp
    ifhandle.wmp
    memab.wmp
    mpegbase.wmp
    pspnet_adhoc_auth.wmp
    rinit.wmp
    sc_sascore.wmp
    usbpspcm.wmp
    videocodec.wmp

in the module folder place these files:
    libadler.wmp
    libatrac3plus.wmp
    libbase64.wmp
    libfont.wmp
    libfpu.wmp
    libhttp.wmp
    libmt19937.wmp
    libparse_http.wmp
    libparse_uri.wmp
    libqpcode.wmp
    mpeg.wmp
    pspnet.wmp
    pspnet_adhoc.wmp
    pspnet_adhoc_download,wmp
    pspnet_adhoc_matching.wmp
    pspnet_adhocctl.wmp
    pspnet_ap_dialog_dummy.wmp
    pspnet_apctl.wmp
    pspnet_inet.wmp
    pspnet_resolver.wmp
    scan.wmp
    show_macaddr.wmp

in the res folder, place these files:
    gam_db.file
    sounds.rsc
    strings.rsc

now you are going to need to place the "resource.wab" file in the "USRDIR" folder next to the "kmodule", "module", and "res" folders..so you should have those three folders and the resource.wab file pop up when you double click on the "USRDIR" folder...

how to convert the "PSP_GAME" folder and "UMD_DATA.BIN" file back to an ISO image file so here it is:

you will need a program called "VcdromX"...you can google it or you can get it from the link in my sig....you WILL need this program...download it and once you extract it...look for an icon called "VcdromX"...(I'm going to use Fifa as an example in this guide) open this file up and a window will pop up on the screen type in "C:\Fifa" and make sure that the "FCD" button is checked...now click the left "??" on the bottom..now go to the folder where you have the "PSP_GAME" and "UMD_DATA.BIN" files\folders and DRAG them over to the right side of the "VcdromX" window...once this is done go to the top left corner and look for a box marked "??F", click on this and then go down to where it says "????(B)" click on this..a window will pop up click "OK"...this will start to convert this file to an ".FCD" file...now once this is done go back to the top left corner and to the "??F" box..this time go down to where it says "??????C"..this will bring up another pop up window click on the folder icon on the top box and go to the C:\ and look for the file labeled "Fifa.FCD"...now click open or double click on that file and it will put that name in the pop up window that showed up...now click on the top right box ( next to the folder looking icon) labeled "??" and it will start to create an iso image file for you...you will have to close this window out because it will stay stuck on 100% once finished..but once it reaches 100% it is ok to close it...

now just use the iso image in the FastLoader you have and enjoy.. ;)

6. drakon3rd

drakon3rd Member

@evnflow yo i got the vcdromx and i followed the steps that u have for those once i do that convert .fcd file to .iso is it suppose to make a .rar file(winrar file) or no? if it does then do i open that folder open and place it in the psp dictory or just place it like .rar file in the psp dictory with out unzipping it?(also i have extended it yet but i looked though the folder and i still couldnt see any iso tpye file so plz help out thanks

7. evnflow

evnflow Guest

it shouldn't make a rar file...once you have the .fcd file and convert it too iso...just use in the fastloader...the guide i put here is using the program from the link in my sig..i have found some of the other versions of vcdromx do give different results, so you may want to try the vcdromx program from the link in my sig(i know this one definitely works properly)...but like i said once you make the fcd file from the "PSP_GAME" folder and "UMD_DATA.bin" file...you need to convert it from .fcd to iso with vcdromx again..and it will give you a straight ISO file once complete(not rared in anyway)...let me know how it turns out

8. drakon3rd

drakon3rd Member

audiocodec.wmp
    ifhandle.wmp
    memab.wmp
    mpegbase.wmp
    pspnet_adhoc_auth.wmp
    rinit.wmp
    sc_sascore.wmp
    usbpspcm.wmp
    videocodec.wmp
    does the files have to be .wmp or it doesnt matter?

9. evnflow

evnflow Guest

they already are...they should have a red circle next to them...right click on them and select properties and see what type they are...they should be windows media profiles..i just put .wmp onto the end of them for ya

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2005
  10. drakon3rd

drakon3rd Member

@evnflow i did what u said but it turns it into winrar file
    so dunno whats goin on maybe i need an iso codeor something in my computer u think? dunno also can u check what does it play for u in tpye of file for audiocodec cause for me its prx file.

11. drakon3rd

drakon3rd Member

and then i choose play it with wmp but when i tried to play the file i wont even play in wmp. well see u around

12. drakon3rd

drakon3rd Member

@evnflow yo i think i got but i need a lil help when i right click on it and click on "open with" it shows that it is an iso file but then it sayin that it is recommed to be open with winrar but i can change it to a diffent program file which one should i use is imageready, or give a promgram name that the file changes to for u? and ill see if i got that program

13. evnflow

evnflow Guest

if it says it's an iso...try it out in your psp...a sidenote: if you double click on the ISO file it should bring up winrar and have these folders in it: PSP_GAME and the UMD_DATA.bin file...if it is in rar form, double click on it, and it will have an ISO file in it(if it has the iso file, just extract it to your ISO folder)...just put it in the iso folder as normal and try it...don't try to play any of those files on your comp...they won't work...just place all of the files where they need to be in the list i gave you before..also if you don't have winrar...Download it now...good luck and keep me post on everything, holla ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2005
  14. drakon3rd

drakon3rd Member

it kind of works the loading screen comes up and stays(how long does it take to load) i didnt keep it their for a while i just quit out of it.let me know if the loadin take like few mins or so or i think its nothin workin goin to chekc again soon.
    what but i did was how my untold iso wasnt show but it was an rar file
    so i went under
    my computer<tools<folders options<view< i uncheck hide extensions for known file tpyes

that showed .iso next to my file but it still was an winrar file so i just put the whole file like that in the iso folder in psp dirc. and it loaded but it got stuck or maybe i got to wait longer for it load up
    bye

15. drakon3rd

drakon3rd Member

i waited like 5-10min and it was still at the loading screen
    do u know anything about that? if u know let me know plz thanks im out ill check back soon

16. evnflow

evnflow Guest

when you were making your .FCD file for converting to ISO...did you put both the PSP_GAME folder AND the UMD_DATA.BIN file in the same screen for it to covert to .FCD? sounds like it doesn't have the right UMD_DATA.BIN file or one at all...also check your private message box..i sent you a message, holla ;)

17. brian_jai

brian_jai Member

Hey

I cant run virtual tennis on my psp 1.5. Can I run it with another version of fastloader? I now have 0.5d. And is it possible to have a few versions of fastloader on the MS?

18. pspfreek

pspfreek Member

I have another problem, I wanna try ape escape, i dunno which one i have but theese r the files I have:
    mupsp-aaem.001
    mupsp-aaem.002
    mupsp-aaem.003
    mupsp-aaem.004
    mupsp-aaem.004
    mupsp-aaem.005
    mupsp-aaem.sfv
    What should I do with theese?

19. evnflow

evnflow Guest

@brian_jai..right now i am running virtua tennis on Fastloader V0.5d..no you want only one fastloader on at a time...tell me where you have your folders and the iso..please..thanks..

@pspfreek...Right click on the one that is labeled "mupsp-aaem.001" and select "extract here", then once the iso is made transfer it over to your ISO folder on your PSP root directory...good luck..holla ;)

20. pspfreek

pspfreek Member

Got it, THX!