1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide to Twilight Hack and Wiigator's Backup Launcher

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by evnflow, Oct 1, 2008.

1. senzafine

senzafine Member

with regards to SSBB i have PM you

2. robnyr

robnyr Member

ok ill check it now. the wii fit wont make me go to 3.4? I can just go from 3.2 to 3.3?

3. senzafine

senzafine Member

yeah as long as your internet is disconnected, there is only a 3.3 update on wiifit disc.

4. robnyr

robnyr Member

i just did the update through wiifit without the wifi on and it works now. thanks a lot for your help.

5. senzafine

senzafine Member

No probs

6. nybelle

nybelle Member

Hey everyone. I successfully got my homebrew up thanks to the guides here. However, within an hour of using the system I got a message about a system update. Should I do it?? I have 3.4U

Thanks!

7. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

I am not a moderator, but you shouldn't post the same question in different threads.

Check the forum rules.

Anyway is it a specific game asking for an update, or is the "homebrew channel" wanting to update.
    You are on the latest 3.4u update so I am guessing it must be a specific game.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  8. nybelle

nybelle Member

Hi, Thanks for responding. I removed the other post...

It's for the Wii Fit.

9. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Cool, no problem

The Wii fit update is just for compatibility for the balance board and as long as the Wii Fit is the same region as you, then should be no problem.

10. Obinata

Obinata Member

Hai.
    I'm new here and i used twillight hack on my Wii
    It installed fine, I wanted to install the backup launcher aswell BUT
    when i try to install the cIOS36rev7 I get this error:

installing ticket... ERROR!! (ret = -2011)

Now I have a 3.4 Wii.. I need to downgrade it? :S Anyone lese had this problem? Thanks for reply

11. senzafine

senzafine Member

3.4 can be fickle. Downgrade to 3.2 and try from there. There are Many guides to downgrading

12. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

13. nybelle

nybelle Member

Hi All,
    Thanks to your help here I got my system working and reading backup discs. What I'm finding is that all the discs I try to play are only in black and white and very fuzzy. Am I doing something wrong??

Thanks!

14. senzafine

senzafine Member

First reaction would be PAL/NTSC error.
    When booting go into option and choose to force your region.

15. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Sounds like your backups are all imports.

I don't know what your system is or backups, but you can go to the configuration settings of the Gamma backup launcher and select "FORCE NTSC" to yes and then launch the game (this is a common issue with PAL games trying to be played on NTSC system). This should fix the black and white issue

If that doesn't work you could try using the program "regionfrii" and patch your ISO before burning.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  16. Cactusone

Cactusone Member

New and wet behind the ears.

Just went to blockbuster and rented the famous Zelda game. I have a brand new Wii v3.4U (No chips installed). After some tinkering I think I got the soft mod installed.

Here is my question?

1)How do I know the soft mod took? I have the HBC channel and have already downloaded some boring games from the channel and they worked fine. Does this mean I have accomplished the twilight hack? The Dvd player on the channel did not install properly

2)Now the big question is this...I want to "backup" a games I have purchased so my boyz don't destroy the expensive original disc? How do I do this? what software do I need to do copy the games and what else do I need to install on the wii to be able to play the copied games.

Any help is highly appreciated. I am proud of myself for getting this far and not making a brick of my kids wii. :)

17. senzafine

senzafine Member

1) Twilight Hack is the installation of homebrew channel, so i would say yes you have sucessfully twilighted your wii.

2) To backup original discs requires a special kind of DVD-Rom drive, see this thread for details http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/563020, and the use rawdump (2.1 recomended) or friidump to dump the disc to .iso files.

If you already have one of these, then burn the .iso file slowly on a high quality disc (RiTek, or Verbatim). once this is done you need the backup launcher (i recomend installling it as a channel via the wad manager). If you google wiigator it should come up, gamma is the newest.

If you need any "extra" help pm me.

18. MaestroT

MaestroT Member

You can also use the DVD Dump tool through the homebrew channel to create the backup iso files. This eliminates having to buy a special DVD drive to read the discs on your computer, and you likely have everything you need already. Follow this guide:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/701082
    I've used it a number of times. I believe that you can skip running the custom ios installer (one of the first instructions) as I believe you've already done this when you softmodded your wii. It works great, and takes about 2 1/2 - 3 hrs to backup a disc. Just make sure the computer on your network that's receiving the file isn't set up to go into sleep mode of standby - had to start one over as a result of that.

19. Cactusone

Cactusone Member

Ok thanks for the reply...I tried downloaded DVD Dumper to the SD card per the instructions, but it does not load and it resets my Wii. I also tried putting the ios37-64-v2070.wad in the root of my sd and now it starts loading DVD DUMP but never gets past 0%.

Not sure what to do now?

20. t0mmygun

t0mmygun Member

Well i need some help ok got the HBC on and Backup loader seems to be working from what i see but i try to use a backup and keep getting dvd error 349. CPU is vista if thats makes any diffrence i have tried using backkup creator just in cased but nothing tried installng dvdx also read on a post that might help but nope. Using TDK dvd-r media burning at 2x and 3 coasters later i figured someone here would help. anay info would be great

backup loader Gamma
    wii 3.1 system
    no internet connection (just in case)