1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide to Twilight Hack and Wiigator's Backup Launcher

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by evnflow, Oct 1, 2008.

1. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

You could try using different media or try using imgburn and burn at 4x speed.

2. wivelden

wivelden Member

Hi, I have the Backup Launcher channel installed and have just installed the CIOS36 R7 to get past the 002 error on a game. The gamma launcher I have on the SD card works for this game but when I try to run it through the backup launcher channel it still shows the 002 error. How can I update the backup launcher channel as it must still be using on older backup loader?
    I am a little out of date regarding the softmods. I am still on firmware 3.2U. I guess I can stay on this firmware?

3. gunit_69e

gunit_69e Guest

Hey guys

I know this might sound really wierd but anyway here goes: i am living in indonesia but am from australia with an original PAL Wii and have paid someone here to put the backup launcher 0.3 gamma IOS249 and works fine except that a few games that i bought here work and some do not. there is a cant read dvd error please eject and turn wii off, that comes up after i load the games from the launcher and i have tried all the different settings with the same result. For example i have a call of duty world at war game which starts to load and then before the main menu comes up with that error. it is a copied game bought at a dodgy shop but from that same shop other games work as well. could it be the game itself or something that i should at to my wii system? also i downloaded this game: [isoHunt] [Wii]Resident_Evil_Archives[PAL][ESPALWii[1].com].rar and burned it and it just loads half way and error so if someone can please help me would be highly appreciated.
    PS: I dont have zelda the original disk so if i wanted to install homebrew could i do it with a fake one thanks...

4. lazyuser

lazyuser Member

hi all,

did a lot reading here and now i can confidently say that i am thoroughly confused!

my wii is running (3.1U). now should i upgrade it to any version before trying the twilight hack?

I just tried the twilight hack (not sure which version) and it installed homebrew on my wii. now i have some games downloaded via homebrew browser and they work fine.

i have the zelda twighlight pricess original with me. i made a back up using raw dvddumper (wii to computer over wifi) and burned the iso onto a sony dvd-r. but, when i insert the disc into my will it said unreadable disc.

im not sure what i am missing. is there anything else that needs to be done between burning the disc and trying to play it?

please help me - im stuck not knowing which way to go.

5. nates28

nates28 Member

do you have to use the twilight hack and game for the wiigater backup launcher to work or can you use the bannerbomb file? i dont have twilight princess game anymore so i was hoping for another alternative to make the backuplauncher work?

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

This is an older guide. There is a NEW AND IMPROVED SOFTMOD GUIDE that you should check out.

7. nates28

nates28 Member

ok thanks. do you have a link to the new softmod guide on here? any help would be appreciated

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You can find it in the Ultimate Sticky thread or read the first the thread is usually on the first page somewhere.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  9. nates28

nates28 Member

sorry just another quick question. if i follow the guide for the new and improved softmod installation. will i be able to use back up dvds that have my wii games on them to play on the wii in homebrew channel?

10. montecito

montecito Member

I have a REALLY beginner question here.

For step 3, it says "take your homebrew executable" and such and put it in as boot.elf/dol.

What homebrew executable is it talking about?

11. ogsam33

ogsam33 Member

hey does anybody have a usb loader that i can download for this hack? because i tried other usb loaders and they told me that my cios rev4 needs to update, but i dont know how to update it

12. senzafine

senzafine Member

13. ogsam33

ogsam33 Member

hey i tried to install the rev14 via wad but it wouldnt show up in my installation. i put the IOS38-64-v3610.wad on the root of my sd card, then i tried to go on my Wad Manager app on my homebrew channel but when i go to install it, its not there. the only files that are showing are the Cios.wad from the original zip folder and the wiigator backup laucher.wad from the original zip folder. plus i cant update it via internet cuz i dont have it in my house. somebody plz help with a step by step guide because im such a noob at these kind of stuff. thx in advance

14. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You don't use WAD manager to install cIOS38_rev14. You use the installer via HBC. Go to the HBC and run the cIOS38_rev14 installer. Make sure you choose WAD INSTALL not NETWORK INSTALL.

15. ogsam33

ogsam33 Member

so do i put the cIOS38_rev14-Installer.dol in the root of the sd card or in the apps folder?

16. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Create a folder and name it cIOS38_rev14. Now place the cIOS38_rev14-Installer.dol file in that folder. Rename the cIOS38_rev14-Installer.dol file to boot.dol and then place the cIOS38_rev14 folder in the apps folder on the SD card.

So the directory would be...

apps>cIOS38_rev14>boot.dol

After you set it up go to HBC and run the installer.

You really should do some research and learn all of this stuff before getting to much into the hoimebrew scene.

17. ogsam33

ogsam33 Member

thanks a billion larrylje!!
    but now i have another question, if i want to load up games from an external harddrive, do i have to format it in any special way or put any special programs in the external harddrive? i already have neogamma r7 installed in my wii, but other than that, can i put the games in the external harddrive and play it from there?

18. senzafine

senzafine Member

rename it to boot.dol, and put it in a file in the apps folder.