1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[GUIDE]TotalNewbi Easy Installer - Create Pandora w/out CFW PSP!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by kikzm33z, Nov 24, 2007.

1. coolkyle

coolkyle Member

I'm having a problem with my datel tool battery. I just got it today straight from codejunkies. Now I believe I followed the directions correctly but when I turned on my psp without the battery in there, just with ac power.I put it in to start charging it but the battery wouldn't charge. The power bar was orange but I checked the battery info and it showed the power source as being external. The charge level and battery status bar were blank. Soon then it would change to green or my Psp would shut off. If this problem is fixable please let me know. I have tryed many times to get it to charge but it won't. Please help!!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  2. Smashpld

Smashpld Member

ok i think i messed up the first few times, and I just read all of page 14 in this thread, and i see that it is blind for the psp slim. I'm gonna start this thing up again, but i don't know exactly what to do. I heard that it's two downs and then x?

3. metaln3rd

metaln3rd Member

It took a while but I cracked open the battery and ended up having the best luck with a razor, nice and thin. Booted up and I got the 50% battery so I'm charging right now but overall GREAT tutorial!!! I love this site

4. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Active member

I'm not even sure if a Slim battery works. Looks like you've bricked your Slim battery. I may be wrong because I've never had a Slim or even touched one. But yeah, I think you've just ruined your Slim battery.
    If any sees this and I'm wrong, correct, but Smashpld, get a Datel TOOL battery and try this guide out.

Hm... Maybe your TOOL Battery is broken..? Do the installation with the TOOL Battery and keep the AC Adapter in. If the TOOL Battery switches off even you have the AC Adapter plugged, send your TOOL Battery back and order a new one.

Good luck.

5. pogi1100

pogi1100 Regular member

6. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Active member

Oh... Maybe the pins are different. I've never opened a battery so if you ask me battery questions I may struggle.

To everyone:
    If you have a problem about the battery and I've given you advice and I don't help, please, Google or start your own thread to solve your problem. I'm sorry if I didn't help you.

7. XPunked

XPunked Member

I had many of the same problems other people have been having. But I'll quickly tell others how I got it working.

After following the instruction for all this stuff several times, I kept just getting a black screen and a green power light on my fat PSP after inserting the Magic MS and Pandora's battery.

It turns out my PC (running XP Pro) wasn't doing something correctly as I kept getting an error something like 'Checking all sectors: to small sector' instead of 'Checking all sectors:OK' at the ens of copying all the files.

I tried installer on my GF's laptop (also running XP Pro), and I didn't get that error. After inserting the Magic MS and the hardwired pandora's battery, it worked first time.

To everyone out there stuck on the black blank screen with a green power light. Just try the installer on a different PC or laptop. Maybe try a few different ones.

Good luck!!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  8. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Active member

Congratulations... When there's too much questions about the blank screen, I can use this in the guide... Have fun with homebrew!

Good luck!!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  9. number15

number15 Guest

what if the psp wont read my memorycard with the files that i put in there is it cause the memory card reader broken

10. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Active member

I don't understand.. Some full stops would do... You mean that your PSP isn't reading the stick?

11. Russ90

Russ90 Member

Hi guys

I'm completely new the the whole homebrew scene so apologies if this question has already been covered already!!

I'm trying to create my MMS using Total Newbie Installer, it all seems easy enough until i get to the 4 options. i have selected option 4 (universal unbricker) several time as almost all the guides i have found suggested but i keep getting the same error!!

16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem

Pandora Menu(drev:e)
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Chose "Close" to terminate the Application.

I have also tried option 1 aswell but i get the same error again.

Any advice (or a solution!!) would be most appreciated!!

I'm trying to do this on an original FAT psp running OFW 3.80.

Thanks for your help!

12. pogi1100

pogi1100 Regular member

I don't know about that... But I don't think it will work since Sony blocked flashing ipl to the MS in FW 3.80 and up...

13. Russ90

Russ90 Member

Hey

It's cool, i managed to get it sorted. Just ran the Easy Installer on my girlfriend's laptop instead and it all worked first time.

Guess it just didn't like something on my PC!!??

Now enjoying custom firmware and some old skool SNES and Megadrive games, it's like being a kid again!! :)

Thanks for the info all the same.

14. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Active member

Using Vista?

15. coldwar

coldwar Member

umm im a noob im using a psp slim and im now using 3.90 firmware i want to downgrade it to 3.71 what can i do i have a 4gb mem no others and i cant buy and ii have psp slim battery and can u help me to downgrade?

16. Russ90

Russ90 Member

No, I'm running XP so i'm really not sure why i was getting that error?

Luckily my CFW is installed now and i seem to be able to do everything else on my PC just fine (transfering emulators over etc) so it's all good!

Thanks for the advice anyway tho.

17. Con_nah

Con_nah Member

Hey
    i am running 3.52 and want to downgrade to 1.50.

i have cut pin 5 (it IS a genuine battery) and the eeprom is disconnected... i have put the files on the memory stick the right way and all but when i insert the battery the psp tries turning on and gets stuck before the "Sony computer entertainment" screen.

I am able to power it by inserting the power cable. turning it on inserting battery and pulling wall charger out... it stays on... any ideas?

please help im a little noobish at this

18. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Active member

What mAh is your battery? You can check by just looking at it.

19. Con_nah

Con_nah Member

its the 1800 one

i have seen this used on youtube etc but it just locks out on me for some reason... i may have to solder it at school tomorrow just to get it back to normal again...

please help :S