1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[GUIDE]TotalNewbi Easy Installer - Create Pandora w/out CFW PSP!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by kikzm33z, Nov 24, 2007.

1. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Active member

Well, if it worked, all the lights would come on and the Pandora menu will pop up. So yeah, you've done it wrong.

2. cradledan

cradledan Member

Hi, soon im going to be buying a psp slim. im waiting on the datel service battery to arrive aswell as official sony pro duo mem cards - a 256MB and a 4GB - 256MB for the MagicMS, and the 4GB for saves/isos/homebrew - which brings me to this question...using this newbieinstaller and choosing option 3 (slim pandora menu thingy), will it allow me to play psx on psp, snes, and psp iso's??

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  3. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Active member

Yes, only if you do it correctly though.

4. cradledan

cradledan Member

would you elaberate please? as i really dont want to mess this up.
    thanks

5. carp940

carp940 Guest

He means if you follow the directions then you'll be ok, if you tend to skim over directions then you'll get yourself in trouble.

6. jromb

jromb Member

Thank you kikzm33z. I got it working I am officially using 3.71 m33-3 and having fun.

I will say the process of upgrading was, some time. :) I guess if it was easy anyone could do it.

Now I am learning to backup(and standardize the image) my games along with learning some of the cool homebrewed apps.

thanks again.

7. Ahzyo

Ahzyo Member

Well I followed the guide all the way and now I finally have a PSP with CFW. Though I thinking I should have downgraded all the way to 1.50 instead of doing the 3.71 M33 thing. But oh well, I was just checking if my Pandora was working anyway.

So yay. I'm playing Monster Hunter Freedom 2 now too, it was in .cso format ^^

It's amazing what you can accomplish using Google.

8. keshwala

keshwala Regular member

i got 3 questions hope you guys can answer for me. :)

can you use any battery to turn in to a Pandora's battery???,or do you need a specific one? and what ever battery you have will you have to cut the pins of the battery everytime, or something like that??/ and you need a psp already with custom firmware dont you??

and Thanks guys :)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  9. General_G

General_G Member

Any battery can be turned into Pandora's battery. Cutting pins is the way for people who don't have access to running homebrew programs. There is a homebrew app that turns it into a service mode battery for you.

10. carp940

carp940 Guest

I believe if you buy a "fake" battery the process doesn't work so well. I'd stick with official Sony batteries.

11. keshwala

keshwala Regular member

yh but ain't sony releasing anti pandora making batterys???

12. General_G

General_G Member

They are, but a simple way around that is to make a Pandora battery out of the one bundled with the console.

13. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Active member

By the way, don't ever buy batteries from eBay unless it has positive feedback and is NOT 3600mAh. Lots of fake batteries in eBay, I fell for it too. I don't think you can buy PSP batteries in stores now, because I've search for around 3 hours for a shop that sells a PSP battery, but they told me to go Sony and purchase a battery from them. So, internet is your way to go.

14. General_G

General_G Member

I've never had trouble with finding a PSP battery. Zellers has a stock of them last I checked.

15. stump93

stump93 Member

So i wont to make sure that this is correct since im new to this.

I have a psp on 3.03 sony original firmware. Following this guide I can make a magicmemory stick and a pandora's battery to downgrade my psp to 1.50?

16. 00000001

00000001 Member

ok i have a bunch of questions

1. ill be safe if i just follow the instrusctions?
    2. the second step is like format the memory stick then
    press enter when it asks for a new name for the disk
    i dont get this... should i have already made the pandora battery or what?

17. Ahzyo

Ahzyo Member

If you follow the instructions, EXACTLY, you should have no problem. I made my first Pandora yesterday with this guide.

With the second step, I had created the battery itself first to test if I had made it correctly. I recommend that you created the magic memory stick first though or else you'll have to use your 'playing' battery sooner in case you mess up. First after extracting the first file, extract the others and run the start.exe program. I noticed that if the other things aren't extracted, your menu will be totally different. Instead of asking for your Drive letter, it'll do what you said and also ask for the drive number (no clue what that is).

Itll mspformat your memory stick after that (gets rid of everything including the original folders on the PSP then ask you what would you like to do. The first option is downgrading the fat believe, the second is the ....I can't remember that one or the third, but the 4th is the universal unbricker and 3.71 M33 installer. I chose number 4 but I want to get back down to 1.50 since I can't really figure out how to upgrade it since the update data is reading as corrupted.

18. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Active member

http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/news/v3.03-downgrader.html
    Check that link out.
    If you can't get GTA:LCS unpatched, then follow this guide safely to create a JigKick.

19. cradledan

cradledan Member

WOO I DONE IT!

I did have one problem...well, various...

firstly, dont do this on VISTA! just use someones XP if you have vista...it works then...

secondly, dont panic! my firmware was PSP SLIM 3.60 original, i plugged my datel service battery in after creating the memstick (used option 4), it turned on the psp slim, but the screen was black...i hit X, panicked and pulled the service battery out...big mistake! it semi bricked...
    i put it back in - it came up the same way - black screen (the screen lights btw). Hit X - left it... 5 mins later i noticed it hard turned off. so i put normal battery back in, and turned it on...and it worked!! woohoo! i now have CFW 3.71 M33!

can someone now please tell me which CFW i should upgrade to and how without bricking it again! cause i dont think my heart can take another brick!!!??

THANKS FOR THIS EXCELLENT GUIDE!

20. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Active member

Since you have the Slim, upgrade to 3.72HX-2 and wait for 3.73HX-1. To stop bricking, just be more careful - but as long as your have the MagicMS, you'll be fine. Oh, BTW, that wasn't a semi-brick - that was a full brick. But of course, the JigKick Flashes/Unbricks your PSP so that's why it worked :)