1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[GUIDE]Wifi-Max "ip can not be obtained, it timed out"

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by bombayboy, Feb 24, 2006.

1. The_Mole

The_Mole Member

hey ive got Wifi Max and just installed all the components today...i have a Bt voyager usb modem and every time i try and connect to the wireless connection with my psp it says..."a connection error has occurred. The WLAN switch is not turned on." Also it is connected but has no signal strength but is still connected...any ideas please?

2. JoellaD

JoellaD Member

ok i got this damn wifi max piece of crap about a year ago. It took me a month to hook it up. THen i wiped my HDD and i had to reinstal it, oh my GOD!!!! piece of crap!!!! so I went out and got a linksys and it works like a charm, set it up in 3 mins. save ur self the hassle and by a regular router!!

3. rnply

rnply Member

I have Vista, and after several days of working with it, and threatening to take it back, I stumbled upon this site. Followed these directions, and it works perfectly.

4. DDSD

DDSD Member

We have the exact same issue down to the Motorolla modem. It's just not working...I read that you had to bridge the connections or something so that the wifi max would use your Internet connection, but that's not working. I'm using Vista and I keep getting an error. Everything is installed correctly too. In Network Connections the wifimax shows up as a wireless connection and it just says "Not Connected". The wifi max is "connected" according to it's software, though. Anyone know how to fix this?

5. DDSD

DDSD Member

6. blindy

blindy Member

7. pspjunior

pspjunior Regular member

hey, whoever got wifimax, its better if you return it and just buy a wireless router because i dont know if it woudld be easier for me to install it now but i heard its very difficult and you should just return it. i was on this thread somewhere with the name Wifipsp but i was so noob at the time i thought the the mods were normal people and were posting threads and real mods were closing them so i made a thread named that guy and said he is retarded or somthing.

anyways yeah you guys should return it.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  8. jtjtjt

jtjtjt Member

hi,

i have a ps3 and im trying to hook it up with wifimax. i have installed it ok and it shows that the connection is good and working.

but i get the problem that after i have connected it to the ps3 i canot get it to work . when i test the connection it wont obtain the ip address.

i dont have much time to read these 15 pages in the thread so if someone has a fix please let me know