1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[GUIDE]Wifi-Max "ip can not be obtained, it timed out"

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by bombayboy, Feb 24, 2006.

1. tonym191

tonym191 Member

Many thanks I'll give that a try.
    The other thing that happens is that another Acess Point must be very near by and my PSP sees this nearby signal as 100%. When I loaded up the Zydas software and opened it for the first time it had set its self as a Station and was listing the Acess Point that was nearby. I own up to be a complet novice on wifi, but am wondering if such a strong local signal can be affecting my WIFI Max.

2. Strike

Strike Member

Finally after 3 days I got mine up and running (Window XP Home, NTL USB Modem). I needed to manually enter my IP address into the wireless connection Properties. Then go to the cmd promt screen (START > RUN > TYPE "CMD") and type:

IPCONFIG/RELEASE
    ENTER
    IPCONFIG/RENEW
    ENTER

once this was done it worked fine using automatic setup on the PSP. However evertime I disconnect a session I need to hit the repair button on my wireless connection in order for it to reconnect for
    another session. Hope this helps someone casue it drove me insane for hours figureing it out.

3. tonym191

tonym191 Member

Hopefully this will work for me becuse:

NTL
    Windows XP Home
    Ethernet connection

But then again it seems these fixes only work if the setup is identicle !!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. s.s.j

s.s.j Regular member

im having major problems with wifi max as when ever i do easy address settings on the psp and i test connection i always get ip could not be obtained and when i do the custom settings as you have been saying on the past pages i get the DNS error. When i look up my DNS have 3 DNS addresses.
    http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/1344/imagetouploadlol224vx.jpg

edit by creaky - picture too big so have changed to a link. gotta keep the forum pages at the right size :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2006
  5. WaxaStyle

WaxaStyle Member

yep same problem for me .... i also have 3 DNS servers and have tried putting them all in but has never worked

6. PieceFull

PieceFull Regular member

DHCP servers man, go into router and see if you can disable DHCP server.

7. s.s.j

s.s.j Regular member

i havent got a router only a cable modem motorola sb5100 surfboard cable modem i only have wifi max and my cable modem (im with blueyonder).

Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
  8. ztheman4

ztheman4 Guest

please can someone help me i have just got my wifi max to connected with 54mb and i tried to connect and it said connecting to access point then it sed obtaining ip address but it timed out and my signal strength was 100% someone please help im very angry

9. s.s.j

s.s.j Regular member

dont forget my problem lol.

10. bombayboy

bombayboy Regular member

ztheman4-It usually says that the signal strength is that much. but maybe your firewall(s) maybe stopping them, so i would disable them all and see if that works. Maybe the ZLdan is not set up to the correct modme. to do that chek it is, by reading the above.

s.s.j- I'm also with blueyonder, if it makes you fell better, i have a SB4200. Dont matter. The Wi-Fi will work all you need to do is keep frequently trying all things in this thread. Mate trust me it will work, but you have to do quite a lot of fiddling, disabling, reparing connections and hard work. =)

11. s.s.j

s.s.j Regular member

ok ill continue to try everything in this thread thanks for you help.
    by the way can any wifi max user tell me there default router address on the psp settings.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
  12. ztheman4

ztheman4 Guest

i tried tht an in he zd lan it said accec point on the top and my modem is listed there surfboard sb5100 it says signal stregnth excellent i connect to it then it says tht it timed out for getting ip i did dns and all tht manual tested it but it said internet connection failed my firewall i checked but nuthing there any more tips please m8 i cant repair as it says not found but my wifi max is lited there by connections

13. ztheman4

ztheman4 Guest

i added the connection to the trusted zone on my zone alarm firewall but i still got the messege a connection error has occured the attempt to obtain the ip address is timed out and when i try to repair it says check connection but the signal stregnth is excellent and it says connected with 54mb please help im worried

14. ztheman4

ztheman4 Guest

oh yeah one more thing when i go to msdos and check for my ip etc. i find my local internet dns ip but my wireless wifi max dns isnt there only the ip

15. PieceFull

PieceFull Regular member

Every1 try doing that yet? make sure you try it!!

IF you still have problems, start from scratch and use the guide to set everything up
    http://uk.codejunkies.com/support_article_detail.asp?c=GB&cr=&cs=&r=1&l=&p=18&i=66&g=5&ProdId=26

16. ztheman4

ztheman4 Guest

it says windows cannot repair connection it is being used by another program i checked my firewall but nothing

17. ztheman4

ztheman4 Guest

when i check my wifi max setting the ip is listed and the subnet mask but under the subnet mask it says manually configured what does this mean i pick the signal up but it goes dns error with those digit numbers

18. PieceFull

PieceFull Regular member

can you tell me the ip numbers and dns numbers?

19. bombayboy

bombayboy Regular member

Can every1 chek the fron page b4 they post, ive added the main troubleshoots there, will be addign more.

20. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

stickied, enjoy :)

@rackstraw had to spoil it for everyone though, he's been given some time away from the site for stupid comments