Guitar lessons..

Discussion in 'Suggestions, ideas and feedback' started by CPT_Spawn, Feb 13, 2006.

1. CPT_Spawn

CPT_Spawn Member

Anyone know A very GOOD website where I can learn how to play the guitar, maybe a site with video tutorials if possible. I've been looking around a while but most are written and most don't look like it will help me much.

2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I am a music teacher and I will see if I can find a web site for you. I would recommend two approaches simultaneously. The "Berkeley Series" books on instruction are the best in their approch ... don't be one of those people who just plays chords because you'll severely limit yourself. THe second book I recommend is called "Styles for the Studio"...I believe the author is Leon White. This is the basic improvisational structures in ever position ...if "lead guitar" is in your aspirations, that book is a must. Will see if I can find a good web site. Please feel free to PM me if I can answer any questions.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2006
  3. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

4. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I'm a regular jack of trades and master of none ... as they say. I took a quick read of her problem and while I'm familiar with instrument amplifiers my knowledge is more about function, timber, quirks and the like; actual circuitry is another matter. Still, I know a lot of people and will ask around. I'll reply to her post and tell her I'll try to find out for her. Thanks