Half-Life 2 Backup Problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by phoenix89, Jun 23, 2006.

1. phoenix89

phoenix89 Member

First up - I own an original copy of Half-Life 2 and only wish to back up my games in the case that little family relatives get their hands on my collection.

I used Qwix to make the ISO, which was created successfully. However when I burn the image with Nero (7.0.8.2) the burn fails, stating that it cannot close the Disc-At-Once session. All of my other games have backed up successfully and I haven't changed my burning methods. All the blank discs are written at compatible speeds and I haven't had prior problems.

Is there any inherent copy protection on the Half-Life 2 disc that I'm unaware of, or has anyone else had problems??

Thanks in advance

2. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

Try this, Get the latest version of dvd2xbox "dvd2xbox07_4" off Eurasia.nu and FTP it it to your X Box hdd. Then Rip the game to your X Box Hdd, and then ftp it over to your PC, and create iso with Qwix. I preffer using Dvd Decrypter to burn iso's and xiso's. Dvd2xbox will patch it for you. Let me know if thats does it.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2006
  3. MadBoomah

MadBoomah Regular member

You're better off burning the game with DVD Decrypter. Nero can burn Xbox games but it's not as reliable as DVD Decrypter.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

agree, DVD Decrypter is what i always use.
    also you may want to try Craxtion4 to create ISo's. It is just like Qwix and works great for me.
    It can also rip the game strait from the Xbox drive to the PC if you have an FTP connection set up, which i assume you would because there is no other way to get it on your PC except to download it.
    But i have it on the HDD myself and it should work fine, great game too.