halo 2 from hdd

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by MarcusP, Dec 27, 2005.

1. MarcusP

MarcusP Member

I've installed a new hdd, When i play games from the hdd it crash's!The games from my stock hdd would never crash!
    Could someone explain to me whats wrong?
    Thank you

K Now Halo 2 crash's right off the disc, as soon as you press start, it crash's.
    Can someone plz help?

2. ShannanWC

ShannanWC Guest

clear your cache files: all files in E:\cache (should be 2 usually) and anything that shows up in x:, y:, and z:

E:\cache
    x:
    y:
    z:

I use dvd2xbox and select <file manager>. Then you can delete the files without a problem. Nothing against this forum (I love it- I use it for all of my DVD backup info) but if you are having Xbox issues I would try Xbox-scene.com as they are THE authority on Xbox related stuff. Just make sure you read as many posts and tutorials as possible before you post or you will probably be flamed. Just fair warning. :)

3. ShannanWC

ShannanWC Guest

clear your cache files: all files in E:\cache (should be 2 usually) and anything that shows up in x:, y:, and z:

E:\cache
    x:
    y:
    z:

I use dvd2xbox and select <file manager>. Then you can delete the files without a problem. Nothing against this forum (I love it- I use it for all of my DVD backup info) but if you are having Xbox issues I would try Xbox-scene.com as they are THE authority on Xbox related stuff. Just make sure you read as many posts and tutorials as possible before you post or you will probably be flamed. Just fair warning. :)

Also..as an afterthought: Its not usually a good idea to play games off of the disc after you have played them off of the hard drive as the xbox will flip out over it. Also make sure you set your time and date in the Microsoft dashboard or your save games could be causing problems also.