Halo 2 Question

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by haduke, Aug 2, 2006.

1. haduke

haduke Guest

I did a softmod on a friend's XBox and he wants me to back up Halo 2 for him on a DVD. The only thing is, the game is too big to burn onto the DVD using Quix. Does anyone know how I can make it fit? He is using the original hard drive, so that is why he must use a disk to play. Otherwise I would just FTP it over to his box straight off of mine. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

What I did with Halo 2 was I ripped all the other languages out..you don't need german and spanish?..just leave the one you want..still a little on the large size? Take off the end credits, and then crosslink all identical files (it's an option in qwix but don't ask me where as I don't need to use it anymore). That should get it down to approx 4.1GB

3. Noamos

Noamos Regular member

I have a similar question and thought I would post it here instead of making a thread. Anyways I dl a iso halo2 and yeah it was to big to burn about 4.33 and was wondering what software I can use to extracted the iso and delete the files that need to be deleted to fit in a disk and then I would make the xiso . Never mind I got it

Last edited: Aug 2, 2006
  4. theridges

theridges Guest

really all that needa to be delete is the dashupdate.xbe,update.xbe and the media folder and it fits on dvd5 perfect....

5. janrocks

janrocks Guest

We don't all have access to dvd5. Where I live they are #1.25 each..that's for cmc-mag rubbish too. Quality ones are prohibitively expensive in lots of 100 which I will certainly never use all of. There isn't a game yet that can't be hacked down to go on a 4.37 disk by hook or by crook. I'm just a little puzzled as to why a 4.33 iso refused to go on a standard disk. Is this a nero issue? because I can burn a full 4.37 with k3b

6. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Um...

Even though they come in packs of 100, it's not like they expire or anything. It's always nice to have extra.

7. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

wow the thread`s question has been asked like 5,000,000,000 times...well around there ;) someone has to make a thread on how to cut things out from games, then get it stickied.

8. theridges

theridges Guest

i have the link in my signature thats why i send people to balugabutt.com thats what that site is for.....