1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hancock Movie (Success)

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by rtm27, Nov 24, 2008.

1. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

If none of the above mentioned programs have worked, then you might have the now more commonly seen "bad press", which seems to be the one thing they do to really throw a kink into our ripping programs.

Just take it back to the store, and exchange it. The "bad press" disks play fine, but aren't pressed properly to allow us to rip them.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  2. hm1

hm1 Regular member

Yes, just downloaded the lastest Anydvd and DVDfab decrypter versions and both programmes cannot back up my Hancock ?

Anybody else have any other suggestions ?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  3. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Where is the hang-up occurring?

Is the disc surface clean and scratch free?

4. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Does anybody else find the "BAD PRESS" idea kinda silly? I mean no offense, but I would think they would cause more grief and negative reactions from such a tactic. I had no problems with hancock. Infact, the only physical "Defect" issue ive had in the last yr was beer for my horses. And I dont think it was intentional. See... the placement of their printjob, label, etc. was way off, causing an obnoxious vibration. I told my drive to go slowly and badda bing, :D LOL, Leatherheads did that in my moms dvd player, however that was due to BAD BAD encryption, and her player didnt like it. It sounded like it was doing Transwarp!

5. N2DVD

N2DVD Regular member

Ditto....actually I've never seen a bad press or had one illustrated to me. It's seems to be mainly an undefined overused term. I had some strange trouble with HANCOCK (UNRATED)too. That's the disk that again trnsfrd the encryption? Hey this encryption stuff is tricky. Try RIPIT4ME or DVDFAB (FREEWARE). I believe that's what I used.:0

6. hm1

hm1 Regular member

My DVD is brand new and a single disc.

Both of the latest versions of Anydvd and DVDfab platinum cannot handle the full disc back up.

Dvd fab platinum can rip the main movie but the produced vob files are not recognised by DVD shrink\Vob blanker and i tried FixVts too.

Any ideas of what i'm doing wrong

I've got 3 vob files in the Video_TS folder that seem invisible to everything else ?

Any more help here would be appreciated

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

If you live in US and have AnyDVD 6490 and CAN'T do Hancock it's your disc, pc, or burner! This disc was easy and 4 versions back handled Hancock the first day it came out, and did not leave DRMs on the backup disc as I showed you, N2DVD, when you were telling me it had. I backed up the copy without anydvd active-on the fly.

8. hm1

hm1 Regular member

Hi folks

Success at last

Method:

Downloaded the lastest version of DVDFab Platinum 5.2 set to DVD-9 > then used DVD Shrink 3.2 to read files and create my back up.

I could only back up the main movie and not the entire DVD.

Also, it worked best when i used my DVD Rom drive to read the disk and not my burner drives ?

Thanks folks

9. N2DVD

N2DVD Regular member

garmoon@ Yeah....I replied "movie only"...which is different from title and menu in most cases. I still have never seen a bad press. In my world there's encryption...and encryption...then how do you handle it.:)

10. InFerNoZ3

InFerNoZ3 Member

Success for me too! Used DVDFab Decrypter (the free one) then DVD Shrink to convert to .iso then burned with DVD Decrypter. Used the same method for prince caspian with success the first time for once =D (I got the whole movie from both DVDs =D)

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@N2DVD

To be fair, I have not seen any discs that were bad presses that I have not been able to copy. I have gotten discs from friends that want a copy and have not been able to rip them because of the condition of the disc. But there have been cases when members have just narrowed it down and told the person to go exchange the disc; and they then have success with the new disc. JM2C :)

12. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

i've had one bad pressing in 6+ years

13. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I personally don't believe there are such things as bad presses, though i admit i've never read up on the subject. I have personally come across discs that don't rip/read correctly/at all on the odd optical drive and work fine on others. This is what i think people think are bad presses, i'll wager the phenomenon happens mostly to people who only have one optical drive ie with no other drive to try ripping with hence have no option but to return the disc for another.
    My main ripping drive is still my 5year old LG dvd-rom/cdwriter combo drive (how in hell it's still going i don't know), i also use an LG 4167B dvd burner as a ripping drive but that occasionally exhibits symptoms of what i think are bad press symptoms.
    My 4167B (well two of them actually) had in the past been a bit unreliable for burning dvd's so is now only used to burn cd's and rip dvd's with. Very rarely i use my Benq DW1650's to rip - they are excellent (and very fast) ripper drives but i only like to burn with those.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

sounds about like my tactics exactly! :D

15. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

I had one bad press which led me to start posting. I had tried the disk on both of my drives in my desktop and my drive in my laptop. They all got hung up on the same part on a brand new disk. Three drives, used dvdfab and anydvd, tried movie only and full disk, and nothing worked.

That was the only bad press I had in the past 3 years.

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@creaky

What a coincidence my trusty LG external 2166D about 4-5 yr old now would read discs that my BenQ1650s could not read. I rarely use it since it is slower than my internal drives then and now. The NecOptiarc and Litey are my burners-mainly the optiNEC with the litey ripping. But the LG will still bail me out when the others balk. And the LG will triple burn with the other two in a pinch. LG made a good drive or whoever made it. Greensman probably knows. Let me know greenie if you stumble upon this post.LOL

17. sports070

sports070 Member

Hey guys.. my trials for the programs you have all recommended are up. I normally just use DVD Shrink, and when there is a problem, RipIt4Me. However, with Hancock, it won't even start with RipIt4Me. The program crashes when it starts creating the PSL file. Does anyone know why this is and what I can do about it? Thanks...

18. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

19. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

DVDFab HD Decrypter should be able to handle this flawlessly. As usual, ripped it with DVDFab HD Decrypter, delete/blank out unwanted junks via VobBlanker and Nero Recode 3 took care of the rest, burn with ImgBurn.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  20. Dark_Sun

Dark_Sun Member

Yeah, I'm having trouble with Hancock as well. Even DVDFab Decrypter 5 failed. Ripitforme failed as well, and the bugger nearly crashed my computer. Had no trouble with Batman though. I'm not sure what move I'll make next, prolly just give up.

:-(