1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hancock Movie (Success)

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by rtm27, Nov 24, 2008.

1. sports070

sports070 Member

Dark, I used DVDFab Decrypter 5 and it worked flawlessly (thanks everyone). I'm not so good with the troubleshooting aspect of burning, but there has to be another problem...

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@darksun

Is your DVDFab version 5222??If not you're not up to date. Fab will do this movie. Like sports070 said there is another problem with you pc, disc or another program.

Is the disc CLEAN? If not clean it. Those fingerprints will sometimes make the disc unreadable!

3. chaossynd

chaossynd Member

Man that's a lot of work ....

I myself have had a few stubborn scratched DVDs that nothing including the above described methods have worked for.

The only thing that is capable of recovering many of these is DV X Rescue.

This program is no longer in production and when it was ... was not for the average user....

mostly due to issues with software incompatiblities....

There are very few things that play nicely with dvd x *.
    Anything by sonic or roxio being the big ones. Meaning Nero is a must ... DDVD shrink poses no problem. Under no circumstance should you ever install it on a system running Panasonic DVD motion. This leads to instant blue screens ....
    Also i don't believe it will run on vista ... so it's XP only ...

Also I have a friend who finds it imparative that he never watch his origionals - and will only watch backups.... I can tell you he was able to make a backup of Habcock with Rescue.

Only rescue was able to ignore the bad blocks which are intentionally creatted as part of a physical encoding found on certain movies.

Most video playing software will intentionally skip bad blocks on dvds because they are written to do such to avoid most skips...

Most copy software cannot. DVD X rescue produces perfect copies of movies affected because it was designed to ignore bad blocks as part of dvd recovery functionality. It can therefore read any but the worst of scratched discs and recover most bad block data.

It is to date the only piece of proper optical physical media recovery software I have seen that includes decryption .....

It's sad they lost the law suit... After it went off the market there has been no other integrated software ssystem doing what it does as a single integrated software suite...
    :/

Let me merely say in closing that it is sad this piece of software was killed by the recording companies .....

4. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

the next best thing to DVD X Copy Rescue is Intervideo DVD Copy 6 , it works well backing up scratched DVDs

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Another thing that helps read badly scratched DVDs is a different ODD. In my old pc I had 2 wonder BenQ 1650s that sometimes had trouble reading a disc. My external LG USB connected was able to read the one they couldn't. I still have that drive for that purpose if the 7200S NEC or 20A1S litey falter-but haven't so far.

6. vikz99

vikz99 Guest

burned hancock with DVDfab 5.2.3.0 no problems or freezing

7. roledaddy

roledaddy Member

"SUCCESS". I just backed up the one disk Unrated Version 2 Hr 2 Min long Using Ripit4me With DVD Decryptor And bacd up the riped file with DVD Shrink to a 3.68 G file and put it on A 4.7 G DVD-R with Nero 9. I set DVD Decryptor everthing to default then in the "general" tab change, "Removal method" from normal to "Agressive",in "File Mode "tick" "Remove PUO's".For ripping in the "ISO Read Mode","TICK" "remove PUO's there also. In the CSS tab, under "CSS Cracking methode", chose "Brute force ->I/O Key Exchange" and "on Faliure" chose "yes"...Important: In the I/O tab, in the bottom right' "tick" the box wich says, "Ignore Read Errors" and set read retrys to 3. And i riped it in the ISO read Mode. Then I just drg and droped the file into DVD Shrink then it analyzed it and I backed it up to a file wher I new the location and put on a 4.7 G DVD-R with Nero 9.