1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard drive boot

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by AMDUMD, Feb 5, 2006.

1. lawcase

lawcase Member

thats what i was thinking....sorry about the noob-ness...haha.

2. Tokijin

Tokijin Active member

Now I remember why I stopped answering questions about MC exploits, too involved and complicated for someone new to the backup scene to mess around with. I'd probably have a hard time compiling the exploit disc myself. It's not worth it. Get a quality chip like the DMS 4 Pro SE or Matrix Infinity and be done with it. Then you can load all the elfs you like off the MC, with no exploit needed.

3. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

over the years I've found people that no matter how many modded consoles they have seen done that work 100% they are scared to death to have you mod theirs and an exploit to them is a life saver. there are allot of strange folks in this tiny world that will jump all over an exploit but will NEVER own a console that is hard modded. i know some hard core backup folks that refuse to download a torrent but will rent games 20 at the time to copy them.......it takes all kinds :)

kc

4. lawcase

lawcase Member

oh shit..i got a psOne game and it works...i'm so getting on this now. I just need to get swap magic and a different HD (i have the one that came w/ FF, but i have game data on it and dont' want to delete it)

5. lawcase

lawcase Member

hey man..i ran that exploit....and when i went to burn the ISO on to a disc, i got confused....there is no ISO...just a TOC, CUE and BIN file. what do i do?

6. tmfloria

tmfloria Active member

7. 7ektik

7ektik Guest

:'( u guyz are so lucky, i dont have a network adapter and i cant find them at any shops here in austrlaia, well if found one but its $69.95AU isnt there another way of powering the HDD?

8. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

burn the bin/cue file with our burn software.

7ektik

and that is about the average price for a network adapter they are 40 bucks in the states, still cheaper then a new game disk.....if that is still to high for you check out eBay, sometimes you can get a whole PS2 with the harddrive and network adapter for about 80 bucks.

kc

9. lawcase

lawcase Member

i am guessing that "our" was supposed to be "your"....and i did...now i am just waiting for swap magic. i ordered it from ultimate console guides

10. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

yeah that was supposed to be your, not our........guess i need to proof read prior to hitting the reply huh?

kc

11. lawcase

lawcase Member

not a problem

12. 7ektik

7ektik Guest

i'll just get the 70 dollar one...cant wait tho, i just dont like how i gotta unplug everythin from comp and connect hard drive all the time

13. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

I've got about 50 or so games on a 200 Gig harddrive in my PS2 and i hardly ever take it out of the console. after you get it loaded with games that you actually play you'll find you don't have a need to constantly take it out and hook it to the PC. on the [bold]Very Rare[/bold] occasion i want to add a new game i simply use the CD/DVD drive to do so, but this has been maybe once in the past year.

kc

14. 7ektik

7ektik Guest

is it possible just to put the disc in the ps2 and save it onto the HDD?

edit: and if i download hdloader advance and follow a tutorial would it work? or do i have to buy hdloader?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2006
  15. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

if you have a chip (EDIT: or Swap Magic) you can download the ISO of HD Loader and it will work, you can also download the .elf version of HD Loader and use it with a chip that supports Dev mode or via an exploit. do some homework, all this has been asked and answered a few hundred times just the past few weeks.

kc

Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  16. 7ektik

7ektik Guest

yes i got a chip :D hmm well i'll pop in 2day and get the stuff i need, the shop only has 1 more!

17. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

sounds like a plan.

kc

18. dayve

dayve Member

how do I load the hd full of games ?

19. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

@dayve

via that wonderful thing called the 'Search Button' this has been asked and answered at least a few million times.........this week. and a little point in the right direction -------->> http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/252193

kc

Last edited: Feb 20, 2006
  20. lawcase

lawcase Member

i got HD loader onto my mem card...so i'm happy...now i have to fit my stupid WD Hard drive onto the network adaptor

Last edited: Feb 23, 2006