Hardware slowdown

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by cheech65, Apr 1, 2003.

1. cheech65

cheech65 Member

I recently had a problem with windows XP, where the login script failed and i was unable to start my computer without getting the blue screen of death. I fixed the problem without losing any data by reinstalling Windows XP on top of the already existing version of the software. I did this with the aid of Dell tech support. But now, whenever i try to use smartripper, I cannot get a rip speed above 1x. I also have noticed a considerable slow down in my cd burner. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this or how to fix it. I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall smartipper, but it does not work.

2. xgasman

xgasman Member

If you had SP-1 did you re-install that? How about any burning software? Did you check your controller settings in DEVICE MANAGER?

3. cheech65

cheech65 Member

since posting i decided to just trash everything and reinstall my os. this seems to have fixed the system. i read some articles online that said if you do this method of fixing windows, it can cause your system to slow down and not function properly, so i am guessing that this is what caused it.