HAVING ALOT OF TROUBLE = (

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by baldy_06, Oct 18, 2005.

1. baldy_06

baldy_06 Guest

I have a modded / "chipped" xbox. I need to know how to connect any ftp server to the xbox using a crossover cable or whatever. In my xbox i have evox. in my computer i have smartftp. i also need to know if the crossover cable is a good option or do i need a different connection. where in my xbox is the ip or proxy adress located ? i remember seing it on settings or i think i saw proxy address. well i know where one is. now i need those confusing numbers u guys give to place as ip adresses and a detailed explanation on which goes where. then i need to kno step by step what to do next until the step where u burn with nero or alcohol 120. I have both of those. PLZ HELP !

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

First off you need to download an xISO maker for your Xbox games you plan on copying. This program (QUIX) will let you FTP to your Xbox and then make the xISO that you need to burn with your burning software. Download the program below.

http://www.teamavalaunch.com/qwix/index.html

Now you need to FTP to your Xbox.

First off you need to connect the crossover cable from your computer to your Xbox.

Now you need to set up the network settings on your Xbox.

Turn on the Xbox then go to your settings then network setings in Evox.

Choose to make a static IP conection and input the below information in the settings part of the network settings.

Xbox settings:
    IP: 192.168.0.3
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway:192.168.0.1
    After you input all the information save the network settings.

Now to set up your conection on the computer.

Go to your network settings for the NIC card your using to conect to the Xbox.

START/CONTROL PANEL/NETWORK CONECTIONS now choose (double click) the local conection that is for the NIC card that has the Xbox conected too.

When the next window comes up click on the properties button towards the bottem. Now double click on Internet protocal TCP/IP

Now choose to "use the folowing IP address" and enter the information below

Computer settings:
    Ip: 192.168.0.2
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway:192.168.0.1

Then click OK and exit out of those settings and restart the computer.

Now start up QUIX and ADD a new conection for the FTP

Xbox IP:192.168.0.3
    PORT:21
    Login: xbox
    password: xbox

Now you should bebale to conect with Quix. Once you conect with your Xbox with Quix you can click on create ISO image and choose the D: drive wich should be your Xbox DVD-ROM that you have the game in. Then it should make the xISO for you to burn.

Just try it and if you have any trouble feel free to ask for help.

3. baldy_06

baldy_06 Guest

i get, but i need to know where to get qwix from since the site u provided for me "cannot be displayed". and, is qwix like a replacement for my current ftp server or is it an additional program i will need to make the xiso files ? also in my control panel, i cannot find the "(double click) the local conection that is for the NIC card that has the Xbox conected too" that u stated.

4. baldy_06

baldy_06 Guest

by the way, im connecting with the ethernet cable correct ? like you would if u were playing system link ? if not, can u tell me the name of the cable i would need and where to buy it ? ex. radio shack etc.
    Thx

5. baldy_06

baldy_06 Guest

i downloaded qwix from limewire since everywhere else its been banned, about the TCP/IP. i have 3 choices and dont know which to change the ip adress in. the choices are: 1394 net adapter, Intel(R)pro/100VE Network, and westell wirespeed dual connection (which i doubt b/c i tried this one i was not able to logg on to internet, so i changed back)

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

you need to use the crossover cable conecting your Xbox and your Computer. I dont know what ethernet card you need to choose cause im not there to figure out which one is cinected to the crossover cable going to your Xbox. and yes you need QUIX to make an xISO you cant just FTP the game folder to your computer then make an ISO you have to have a program like quix to make the xISO

7. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Goto xbox-scene.com and look in the tools section....free download.

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member