having issues with game working

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by yay4mike, Sep 6, 2005.

1. yay4mike

yay4mike Guest

so I'm new to the whole thing of makign back ups and copying and stuff i just got my chip last month. so anyways i downloaded a torrent of sid miers Pirates and i got it all unpacked with winrar and now i burn it with dvd decyrpter but my x box wont work, i have a xecuter 2 and am burning on x1 onto vakoss 1- 8 X, my harddrive in it is a 200gb western digital and i have some back ups on there and they work fine so what gives?

2. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Is the game in iso form?(if not,it needs to be).In dvd decryptor you need to select mode/iso/write. There may be something wrong with the iso. I like to use Craxtion to open an iso before I burn it.If Craxtion can't open the iso and gives an error, It won't play when you burn to disc.

3. yay4mike

yay4mike Guest

k its in iso form and craxtion can open it and i'm sill having problems... i'm useing dvd -r's to

4. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Is that the only game not working by your method backup method?
    What brand of DvD-Rs are you using? Like Bohefus said, there may be something wrong with the .iso.

Try transfering the file to to your xbox via ftp instead of buring it to disc and see if it works.

5. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

as uniique1 said...
    is this the only game your having problems with? If I have a problem with a game running off a burned disc I'll then extract the game to the xbox hdd and try running it from there. I have 3 xbox's and at 1 point I had some discs that would play on 1 modified xbox but wouldn't play on the other(don't know what the difference was,both had Xenium chips).I backed up the C:\ on the 1 that worked on my pc & then transfered that data to the xbox that wasn't playing certain discs, overwriting the C:\ and from then on out, both worked great.

6. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

I was referring to his initial post about Sid Miers Pirates...

7. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

I know, I was in total agreement with you

8. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Oh, thanks I knew that...Since you put the quote I was just adding that in is all. Thanks man!!

9. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Hi Experts..thought I'd stick a similar question in...

I have a torrent download but it is a single large 1.9Gb file, not a winrar archive and not an iso?? Usually I have no trouble and just burn the archive as an iso but this one doesn't work (unknown!!)I have tried my Xiso maker but that says there is no xbe file in here so not a valid xbox file..Any suggestions??