1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Loader?!?!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by adamryer, Jun 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Yes, if the HD Loader detects that the drive is already formatted with a PS2 file system it will not format it. You can simply start installing games to it. I thing the pictures in the signature work by putting the tags [​IMG] with a url to a picture between them. I got those instructions by reading the text above when posting/replying.

2. jaymz007

jaymz007 Member

whats your opinion guys isnt making the transfer form cd to the hd make the lens work harder thus making the lens break faster rather than playing the games direct from the cd?

3. firecrtch

firecrtch Member

Nah the lenzzzz is working just a hard as if it were to be reading the disk for game play so its actually saveing your lazer from having to do extra work.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]\/\/0075[/small]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2004
  4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

There shouldn't be a lens strain issue with using HD Loader. In fact, you would be reducing the amount of runtime on your lens. Instead of reading the game disc each time you want to play you only read the entire disc once during the installation.

5. nemesis21

nemesis21 Member

What about import games that require the triple swap method to boot normally with a fliptop/slide card? Would it be possible to get these to install with HDLoader?

6. cobra_svt

cobra_svt Regular member

hey guys so what do u preffer the modchips or the hd loader casue i sent mine to my brothers so that he can installl it and am going to get it back in 1 week and i got pissed cause when i saw the hd loader i was like shit but i read that u would not be able to save alot of the game is that right?

7. cobra_svt

cobra_svt Regular member

hey dudes i just found out that u will need a modchip to save or install your games in the hd loader

8. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I have a quick little question, does the HDLoader save the game as an ISO on the ps2 harddrive?

I have no knowledge of this so be kind.

9. 102kidd

102kidd Member

hey all, just a little trick ( or my 2 cents ) on the hdloader. after you boot up the hdloader like normal ( not installing ) the cd will keep spinning, and there is no reason for it to spin, its just wastes lazer and dvd-rom motor!!!!!! before you start to play a game,,, press "install", then "cancel",,, this will stop the disk from spinning and save your dvd-rom motor. later

10. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

or once you start the game, you can just eject it.

11. lljr

lljr Member

Hd Loader is the perfect companion to a modchip. None of theis swap this that, insert this, boot that. GET A DIRECT BOOK CHIP. Mesiah if you can find one. I have a gen 7 PS2, with a mesiah. Plays NTSC, PAL, never had one problem with one game. Now with the HD Loader, I can save the games instead of wating time and effort and DVD-/+R's Sign me up! I have been Using HD Loader for the past week and this thing Kicks Ass. Maybe Cause I'm in Canada Modchips are easy to come by and thats why I went that route. All I know is this thing rocks.

12. lljr

lljr Member

While I am thinking about it. Is there any way you can install movies to the hard drive, like I know you can burn divx on a disc and play them with ps2mediaplayer, but has anyone tried to do this with hdloader?

13. H4X0RJsM

H4X0RJsM Member

Ok, here's the problem. I have a Chipped PS2. "Magic V" (Magic 5). It will load HD Loader when i boot the unit with the chip on and running. BUT, it will ONLY load HD Loader is when I unplug my PS2 HD/Network adapter. When I boot with the HD attached, it will NOT boot HD Loader. I have also tried booting with the chip Off and Not running "By holding the [Reset] Button for 2 seconds when booting the unit" This also does not work. I wanna rip games to my PS2, legit ones, and burn ones. Who knows what I should do ?

Thanx - S.

14. cobra_svt

cobra_svt Regular member

hey guys does anyone know how much does the hd loader cost and from where would i be able to buy one from thanks oh yeah and does anyone know how much does the internet network thing cost for the ps2

15. dlocke

dlocke Regular member

www.hdloader.com -they have all the info on how it works, distributors, etc. About $35 for hd loader and about $35 for the network adapter depending on where you look on the internet or ebay.

16. cobra_svt

cobra_svt Regular member

alright thanks for the info

17. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I was a having the same problem you were today -H4X0RJsM-
    I also have the same setup that you have "MagicV v9" What I did was, I didn't tight'n the screws in the back, for some reason when it's real tight it will not work so I just gently pushed it in snuggly and [bold]BAM![/bold] it worked.

Good luck!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Spinning 2 TECHNICS SL-1200MK2
    GEMINI FX-7000
    ORTOFON Night Club Series
    2 AMERICAN AUDIO PSX
    2 PIONEER CDJ-100

[image]http://www.123dj.com/slipmats/DJ.jpg[/image][/small]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2004
  18. H4X0RJsM

H4X0RJsM Member

Hmmm. Have now tried loosening and tightening screws several times, even booting with HD and network adapter OUT, and when i see boot is successful I push the HD and network adapter in, NO DICE, HD Loader boots, but gives me hardware error message, as my HD was not recognized. Apparently in the boot sequence the PS2 recognizes HD beofre it loads from disk. SOMEBODY HELP ME !
    -S.

19. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

you can't put the hard drive and net work adapter in while the power is still on' Dude your gonna fry yourself.

Try this: turn your power off completly then put in you HD and net work adapter in putn that disc that the network adapter came with, if it start's up (the disc) then eject it, put a game in and try to reset it. That worked for me.

For some reason my Maxtor 160GB hd an network adapter are are Freak'n sensitive

20. H4X0RJsM

H4X0RJsM Member

OK, by pulling some kinda of crazy ghetto rigged manuver, I started up the unit with the HD plugged in then barely unplugged it from the unit until i saw the disk booting, then quickly plugged it back in, HD Loader DID boot, and DID recognize the HD. I've installed a few games, and they will run from the unit, but do I have to get HD Loader to load every time i want to play a game ??? I cant just go through my PS2 Browser and click on the game file that I want to play ?? Is there any way around haveing to insert the HD Loader disk, cause it is HARD AS HELL to get it to successfully boot for me. Anybody know why this is ???
    -S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.