Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by adamryer, Jun 16, 2004.
thanks for the list dlocke.
k wat is master/slave i dont get it. r they some modes to use for hard drive?
U didnt answer my question!
Do i need a HD Loader for my hard drive??
How come it doesnt show on my browser screen??????
yes you do. you need the HD Loader..HDD and Network Adaptor
Where can i get DiamondMax from?
And how much does it cost?
Check if they also sell DiamondMax Plus 9?
Where can i get a HD Loader?
If i get a burnt hd loader will it work without a modchip?
Do you need a mod chip to use HD Loader?
no modchip needed if you buy the original hd loader.
Thanks. So a copy of HD loader won't work?
1.Buy HD loader or HD Advance (a hacked copy of HD loader)
2. Buy a standard ide hard drive between 40-120gb (nothing over 127gb will be seen by the PS2 and they say Maxtor is the best compatiblitity wise, seagate next, be wary of Western Digital)
3. Buy a network adapter: both modem/ethernet or ethernet only will work
4. Make sure you hard drive is set to master, usually the jumper is on the end in the middle. Mine had a diagram on the front of the hdd to indicate where to set the jumper. Check your manufacturer's website for help with this.
5. Connect the network adapter to the hard drive.
6. Place the hard drive/network adapter in the PS2
7. Powerup with HD loader in cd drive.
8. You'll be prompted to format the drive, should take under 30 seconds if its an empty drive.
9. Follow on screen directions to install a game. You'll be prompted when you can load a game. Hit x once the game is loaded. HD loader will tell you the estimated size and ask you to name this game. Click end when done. Copying begins.
10. Go enjoy a nice book,magazine or the internet while your game gets copied to the hdd. A progress bar will let you know the aproximate time left.
11. Eject the game when hd loader is done copying it. Pick any game from the list and hit x to play it.
11a. Well hit select on a game if its not working. You'll see 3 modes you can enable. Try any combination of these 3 or look it up on the internet like I did.)
12. Enjoy faster load times and the convienience of selecting any game from your library (just about) from a list. And you could use a progam like PC Handiness to transfer your backups from your pc to your ps2 hdd if you like.
Games I've installed so far:
WRC: World Rally Challenge
Metal Gear Solid 2 (supossedly fails on second save attempt)
Virtua Fighter 4 (a tiny 640mb!)
Colin McRae Rally 3
True Crime: Streets of LA
NBA Live 2004
NBA Ballers (mode 3)
NBA Street Vol 2
Onimusha 3: Demon Siege
And many more to come! 80gb still left!
Personally i think HD Loader sucks because it only works for 95% of the games! In the future sony might make games that cant be copied to a hard drive and the 95% will probably be lowered even more!The load times is good for it but in the long run its probably going to become useless!!
Don't mean to flame but if you think HD Loader sux, let me know another method of playing backups on your HDD with no load times, boot disc swapping, modding or burning. And don't say HD Advance cuz it's the exact same program. 95% is pretty damn good if you ask me and some of the games that don't work aren't worth playing anyways:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/casey.miller/HD Loader Compatibility.htm
Also even if Sony does protect their discs from HD transfer, I'm sure there will be patches.
I agree with Stryderz.
I'm pretty sure most future games will not support hd loader and that there may be a patch made but look at all the games it does support! I'll have loads of fun playing those and when and if I decide to stop using hd loader, I can always use that hd for my computer. Its a win win situation, baby.
U know what ur exactly right!
Its way betta then getting ur ps2 modded.
Do u know where i can get a HD Loader in Canadian currency!
Do u know any good online or retail sellers of da HD Loader?
Do u all have one?
R der any side effects?
Anyone know where I can find HD Advance?
I bought mine from www.consolesource.com
It's a Canadian company based in Ontario I think. Actually they list their prices in US funds. DO NOT BUY from www.consolemaniac.com. It's owned by some 14 year old con artist.
See above. Running out of stock since the developers of HDLoader were threatened by $ony so you better hurry =). No retail sellers.
Many people do.
Online games don't work unless you patch them. You gotta buy a hard drive, network adapter.
CAN I PLAY ONLINE GAMES LIKE TONY HAWKS UNDERGROUND WITH THE HD LOADER?
WHAT KIND OF PATCHS AND WHERE CAN I GET EM.
First off.. please do not post in all caps.
For online games backup go to:
I found out a site that sells HD Loader and 120GB Maxtor HDD 7200RMP 8MB!
Go to https://www.mod-chips.net/product_details.asp?ID=2109.
Also check out http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/customer/search.php?substring=hd+loader&in_category=1
but its in US Currency!
On Ebay some guy is selling HD Loader for $29 US.
He says he ships to Canada to!
Separate names with a comma.