HDD Loader / File Name too big

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by canman93, Jan 12, 2006.

1. canman93

canman93 Member

I installed HDD Loader on my xbox since my kids never put their games away and will eventually get ruined. I picked up True Crime: NY for myself but decided to put it on the HD like the rest of the games. When I select copy in the dash it says the file name is too big and refuses to copy it. Is there any way around this?

I have never backed up or ftp from my pc everything was always stright into the xbox, copy via HD loader and put original away.

Now what?

2. theridges

theridges Guest

yea that probably cant be fixed some EA games like NBA live also have that so they cant be copied to the xbox hdd so your going to have to burn this one to a disc sorry.....

3. canman93

canman93 Member

Thanks, the ftp thing is all new to me so I will give it a try as soon as I can get my xbox networked. Hope it doesn't end up being too much of a headache.

A friend of mine tried to back up his copy of Gun and got the same message so I guess this will end up being the norm now.

4. jjdadon

jjdadon Regular member

Yeah, FTP to ur PC. I would use Qwix to create an ISO. Keep the ISO name to under 16 characters. Then FTP the ISO from ur PC back to ur XBOX in E:\Games or F:\Games

5. canman93

canman93 Member

Thanks will try it tonight, have to free up some space.

Does anyone know where to go to get new skins?

6. jjdadon

jjdadon Regular member

Skins for ur dashboard?

www.allxboxkins.com