HELLLLPP!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by takemyars, Aug 7, 2004.

1. takemyars

takemyars Member

i am in serious doggy do do. i downloaded a version of norton systemworks 2004 pro and installed it fine but now my comp has stopped working. i cant run any programs apart from IE. So i thought i would try wiping the hard disk but i cant do that either cos i dont have a startup disk and cant run the right programs now to create one. Does any1 have any suggestions at alll, please, im desperate

2. redscorpi

redscorpi Regular member

what do u mean the progams are not working? ur comp may have gotten a virus, or have been hijacked i dont know. do u have protection for that stuff? i use AVG anti-virus, its free. downlaod CWShredder to see if ur comp been hijacked and fix the problem. i also suggest using anytype of registry cleaner.

other than that i cant help u more. what exactly happens when u try to run a program? be more specific.

3. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

When you bought the computer, you should of gotten a copy of the Windows CD, unless that is a pirated copy aswell...

Regards
    CoZZa

4. takemyars

takemyars Member

i do have a copy of the cd but apparently i need a startup disk as well which i never created and now cant seem to.

when i say the programs wont work i mean that - i click on them and the egg timer starts for like hlakf a second but then stops and nothing happens

5. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

Try Right Clicking in Icon then selecting Open.

What version of windows is it..

Not sure about Windows 98, but Windows 2000 and XP i know for a fact are bootable CD's. Therefore, if you select CD-ROM as First in Boot order in the BIOS, it will boot from the CD, and u can select through the Windows Installation to Format and do a clean Install.

You can download a Windows Boot disk from www.bootdisk.com

Regards
    CoZZa

6. vans12

vans12 Regular member

what windows because if it is XP it will format and everythink so you dont need a boot disk.

7. DiRect

DiRect Regular member

Hi,
    Maybe you have some kind of spy ware on your computer. Try downloading some Spyware removign software, and do not use cracks, cause that will cause more of a problem.

Regards,
    DiRect